PDA

View Full Version : Prince Georg Cobb Lake

fester
12-22-2011, 11:20 PM
HAs anyone fished there?? A couple of us might try to head there next week. We heard there are eastern brook. In the kamloops area fishing for them we used a dark coloured fly.

Thanks for the help!!!

The Dawg
12-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Fished there a couple times. Caught a few from the boat launch in the summer, and nothing in the winter.

Worms worked. Shrimp didnt.

ianwuzhere
12-22-2011, 11:29 PM
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=24.0
local forum around PG.
one thread reply wrote that they just plowed right to cobb lake the other day.. brookies and rainbows..good ice fishing lake..
good luck!

Benthos
12-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Cobb Lake can be really hit and miss, especially in the winter. fly fishing in the summer i find it more consistent, but, winter, who knows.

i hope you're not driving all the way from kamloops just to fish at Cobb!! you should get a few fish, but there are just as many rainbows as brookies now. if you are there, you could also try cluculz across the highway for rainbows and burbot. they also have lakers, but i believe catch and release only.

gravel pit lake near between pg and cluculz is also stocked with brookies, and is just off the highway.

fester
12-23-2011, 03:13 PM
No haha not driving from Kamloops, just fished there and lived there quite a bit.

fester
12-30-2011, 09:43 AM
go tthere the other day. it was ok fishing, no size to them but lots of fish for the first hour or so. Then it was quite sporadic the rest of the morning. Lots of people tearing round on quads and snowmobiles, not really surprising.