PDA

View Full Version : Anchor system

Big Bucks
12-22-2011, 09:31 PM
I recently just bought a jet boat but it didn't come with an anchor. I would like to get a winch anchor system, I'm just wondering where the best place to get one and what price would I be looking at? I'd heard that some of them are up around $4k I hope that isn't the case. Which is the best winch anchor system to go with? I'll be using it mostly on the Fraser River and my boat is 21ft long.

Marlin375
12-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Try google....windlass is the name of a boats anchor winch. No experience with a riverboat set up but I had a Lewmar on the bow of a 30ft sailboat, cockpit control, rhode and chain go straight below deck into the anchor locker in the bow.....4k sounds pretty steep I don't think I had more than 1500 bucks into mine, hook included.

knockturnal
12-22-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.rivercraftanchors.com/

These are the type of anchors I've made in the past for guys with jet boats running in rivers. I'd recommend this style

Jetboater
12-23-2011, 06:36 AM
Give Keith at Primus Metalcraft in chilliwack a call, his # is 604-793-2686 he can do all the fab work at a more reasonable cost,he does the work for cascade marine and a few other shops. then PM me and I can help with the install... or at least give you a price... I have installed about 30 different windlasses in the last year. I can also email u some pics.

Big Bucks
12-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Ill have to give keith a call then , what do you think I will be looking at for price ?