PDA

View Full Version : Capes?

~T-BONE~
10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey gang just wondering if you guys save your capes or not? What do you do with them if you don't use em for your mount? Are taxi's willing to buy them:smile: or would you chuck'em? :sad:

mainland hunter
10-02-2006, 11:52 PM
i will take some if theyre good capes. especially moose or elk, would pay accordingly to size and condition

10-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Are taxi's willing to buy them:smile: or would you chuck'em? :sad:

I start out with the best of intentions of doing something with them but when the freezer gets to the point that it has more capes then food the Mrs. insists l do something which usually results in a good clean out, and start over again! :)

BigfishCanada
10-03-2006, 10:38 AM
http://www.a1furtraders.com will buy them. They are in Vernon, great work great people. They did my mullie mount last year

GoatGuy
10-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I've sold some of my capes. Depends on the person and the time. Different taxis pay different amounts.

One of the locals will skin out your later season muley and give you $100. I sold a shoulder muley last fall for $70 US. Moose capes go from $100-$250, lifesize $500+ if you can find a buyer. Elk are sometimes a bit more, just depends. If you're having to hike it out it usually isn't worth all the trouble but if it's close it ain't bad.

Sheep capes are crazy money but I don't know why anyone would part with one, especially a Californian! :lol::lol::lol:

Stone Sheep Steve
10-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Sheep capes are crazy money but I don't know why anyone would part with one, especially a Californian! :lol::lol::lol:
Who would do such a stupid thing???