PDA

View Full Version : My afternoon walk...

mark
10-02-2006, 07:43 PM
So i bought a trail cam the other day, and this afternoon i went for a little walk to this spot where i saw a few whities last year. Not 5 min from my vehicle i spook a lil 2 point and a doe. 5 min later i get to my spot where im going to put the cam. Im standing there for a few min., i turn around and 2 3point whities have snuck up on me 40 yards away! So i hand the camera on a well beat deer trail and move on. Not 200 yards away i see 3 mulies moving away cant see the first one but the other 2 are nice bucks, a huge 2 point and a wide 4 point. I move another 100 yards and i see a 2 point whitey. So i walk over where the 2 point was cuz im trying to get a better look at the mulies and i see a 4 point whitey. Thats 5 whitey bucks and 2 good mulie bucks in under 1 hour walk (less than 1 km.) Only 1 doe for sure, i even think the other mulie was a buck, but not sure! Saw 5 more whitey does just driving out of the bush. This was an amazing day for me as i barely see 5 whitey bucks in an entire season! Hopefully have some good trail cam pics in a few days! P.S. no i didnt pull the trigger on any!

Ozone
10-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Put down the camera and slowley pick up the gun:eek:

The Hermit
10-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Why not? And what were those GPS coordintes? ;-)

Jelvis
10-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Ya where is that spot Markus good buddy?

bsa30-06
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
5 min later i get to my spot where im going to put the camIm standing there for a few min., i turn around and 2 3point whities have snuck up on me 40 yards away! [/quote]

And you call yourself a hunter!!Just kidding sounds like you had a great afternoon, i wish i could find them that easy.

3kills
10-02-2006, 08:40 PM
i agree with bsa on this one....i want to walk into an area with all these dam whities i would have even taken the lil one lol...

mark
10-02-2006, 09:27 PM
They were all to small for me to cut a tag on this early in the game. Im still shocked about how many bucks i saw today as ive never seen a whitey buck there before only does! Next time ill bring my camera and hopefully the trail cam is filming the big guy im looking for! I know a story like this needs evidence! Ill be working on it!