PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent

tooty
10-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Ted Nugent has some kind of hunting show on tonite .I think on the OLN network,maybe 8 o'clock.Does anyone know for sure,the wife was yapping in me ear and I missed the time.

3kills
10-02-2006, 06:10 PM
i dont know what time it is on but its called wanted ted or alive....its a reality show that he does...

Bow Walker
10-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Maybe just me but...........I wouldn't cross the street to see him or his show(s).

Nothing special, just a personal preference.

Schmaus
10-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I seen a little bit of it the other night it was kind of funny but pretty stupid. There are a bunch of city folk (not a lot of hunting or bush backgrounds I don't think). On the episode that I saw he waited until they were all really hungry and then made them kill there own chickens to eat.

bsa30-06
10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
I think that the chicken episode has been on at least 6 times.In my opinion the show isn't worth watching, it has some funny moments but most of it is just stupid.But hey thats just my opinion.

Seth
10-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah the show isn't that worthwhile but I am a firm believer in what he stands for. Without people like him standing up for our sporting tradition anything could happen. I've always felt that we as hunters need to stand up for ourselves and not just sit back while the urbanites (excuse the term, but you know what I mean) walk all over our sport. Ted Nugent is hard to take but I agree with everything he stands for. IMO!

Duner
10-02-2006, 08:29 PM
I think it is on at 9. The reason I watch his show is because he stands up for everything I believe in. He shows that hunting is more than just us killing animals just for the sake of killing animals, and we have great respect for what we kill and as hunters we are less likely to waste the animal unlike lots of city folk.
just my 2 cents

The Dawg
10-02-2006, 08:50 PM
I think that his views are great and we need more like him that stand up for what they believe.....it definately has some funny moments.....its on every monday at 10pm I believe on OLN, which is 49 in the Vancouver area.

mainland hunter
10-02-2006, 11:56 PM
if you give the show enough time he really pushes what hunting is all about imo. i like what he's doing on the show. he's a bit eccentric but all in all a better show than say survivor.

10-03-2006, 07:37 AM
l agree that Ted Nugent supports our cause and even though some might not agree with his style, if every firearms owners made a point of being as outspoken as him, there wouldn't be any uniformed "urbanites" left. Have seen alot of people who through sheer ignorance condemn the firearms community because they have only seen/heard the antis side of the issue and what the media feeds them. Nugent in his own way gets the message out, something we all have to do if our heritage is to survive.......

rchoward101
10-03-2006, 08:52 AM
i think in some ways teds activism is good in that he raises awareness of where our food supply comes from, but in some ways he is no help. as hunters we face land access issues. here in bc most guys hunt on crown land, ted hunts on a private game reserve with introduced species. that is not really hunting it is game farming. i don't know bringing in tons of animals (mabye supported with introduced feed) is not really hunting for me it is farming plain and simple. hunting (for me) is going out where anyone can be and out smarting game in it's own enviornment, seeing other hunters and land users and protecting the space we all own and, guess i'm spoiled born and raised in bc (commie).

rob

bigwhiteys
10-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I have watched the show and didn't mind it at all... Ted is a little wierd but thats okay. I think he hammers it home what hunting is all about, the game farm thing... Well, that's really popular down south. Not everyone lives in a place like we do :)

Another show I get a kick out of is "Man-Tracker" it's pretty funny watching people run from him some are smart and make it to the end or close to it, while others just dumb as hell and get caught fast.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Elkhound
10-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Another show I get a kick out of is "Man-Tracker" it's pretty funny watching people run from him some are smart and make it to the end or close to it, while others just dumb as hell and get caught fast.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Nugents show I got a few laughs......but the wife and I like watching Man Tracker too. Man is he funny

Bow Walker
10-03-2006, 02:57 PM
This guy is way too much. He is in your face, loud, and generally obnoxious. It is my opinion that he is far more detrimental, in his weirdness, to hunting than he is beneficial.
ave to come from.

I believe that he turns more urbanites off with his antics than he ever informs about the benefits of hunting and/ or where our food used to have to come from.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)

Rainwater
10-03-2006, 03:03 PM
He's a sell out!

Jelvis
10-03-2006, 03:11 PM
I agree with BowWalker IMHO. But if you sat down with Ted and had a coffee and talked man to man maybe he would be more sensible and interesting to hear and not so wierd in real life, and not show biz.IMO

Gateholio
10-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Ted is a wingnut.

When he says stuff liek "backstrap protein celebration" I want to kick him in the nuts.

Ozone
10-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Wango Tango

Mr. Dean
10-03-2006, 03:41 PM
l agree that Ted Nugent supports our cause and even though some might not agree with his style, if every firearms owners made a point of being as outspoken as him, there wouldn't be any uniformed "urbanites" left. Have seen alot of people who through sheer ignorance condemn the firearms community because they have only seen/heard the antis side of the issue and what the media feeds them. Nugent in his own way gets the message out, something we all have to do if our heritage is to survive.......

In my opinion.....YUP.

Islandeer
10-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I like Ted, yah he is a little on the abrasive side but he tell's it like it is. He is still a business man and he is selling all the time I like one of his mantra"s "If you killed then you eat it". There's loud and obnoxious people everywhere, it would be damn quiet and boring if we were all the same.:smile:

bsa30-06
10-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I agree with some of the others . I too like Man-Tracker this guy is really good.

kishman
10-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Maybe just me but...........I wouldn't cross the street to see him or his show(s).

Nothing special, just a personal preference.-

Ditto.