PDA

View Full Version : Heli Hogging

fearnodeer
12-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Just watched this to cool.

Subject: Heli-hogging

should have done this when we were duck hunting. (go to full screen as it is in HD).
This Texas feral hog shooting chopper video (LOACH on the job) is fascinating. The pilot has a fixed rifle (sounds like a 270) with optics rigged back to his helmet and eye-piece. He doesn't miss and his scout-chopper flying skills are down pat with the hogs behavior and pack or group running style. This came from Greg Cooper who has a huge ranch SE of Brownfield, Texas...south of Lubbock. I don't know where the chopper hog hunting op is but it is clearly West Texas. This is a long run video but the hogs get it! I don't see them dropping flags or stakes from the air to ground-mark their kills so as to go find them easily but I assume they "know" the country or wait for the turkey buzzards to tip them off. The pilot is really good!

The reason we're sharing this HELI-HOG'N video is to bring awareness to the overwhelming Hog Epidemic that's going on today in our Country. These Feral Hogs are in every state, there are some states where the Hog population is at epidemic proportions. Texas, Florida, California and Hawaii are the most affected. A female can have another litter every 3 months, three weeks and three days. They'll have between 10 to 15 babies per litter. The shows that you see on TV where they take 2 Hogs per 1/2 hour show is totally ineffective in fighting the Hog population. Our way is more effective in controlling these disgusting critters. The pig destruction of Farm land and Private property is in the Millions of dollars lost, pigs will consume just about everything including each other. This Video is not for sale and paid Hunting trips using a Helicopter at this time are not available. However if you would like more information about Bowhunting, Night Vision and Rifle Hunting for Hogs please feel free to contact us. Thanks,

http://www.vimeo.com/21181307 (mhtml:{B8A51EFF-C237-4584-BB99-68A4C2905055}mid://00000053/!x-usc:http://www.vimeo.com/21181307)

The Dude
12-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Check your link....I wanna see this

The Dude
12-21-2011, 07:26 AM
However, if you cut and paste it in the browser address window, it works.

fearnodeer
12-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I double clicked it and it worked for me.

The Dude
12-21-2011, 07:57 AM
I use Firefox.

SimilkameenSlayer
12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
link - no - workie in chrome

ncurrie
12-21-2011, 08:45 AM
can't see it either:(

ncurrie
12-21-2011, 08:49 AM
http://vimeo.com/13740769

does this one work?

Moosegetter
12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
I can't see it either

ncurrie
12-21-2011, 08:54 AM
http://vimeo.com/21181307

what about this one?

fearnodeer
12-21-2011, 08:57 AM
http://vimeo.com/21181307

One more Try

Moosegetter
12-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Yes that works Thanks

The Dude
12-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Man, that's some boring looking crap land they have there. They wanna be a Republic? If it wasn't for oil Mexico would own that shit. No-one else would want it.
And the cam near the gun is a ContourHD.
And the pilot is obviously not shooting. You need two hands and two feet to fly a chopper.

Tikka270wsm
12-22-2011, 12:00 AM
The maggots are eating well down there. Apparently so were the feral pigs.

Holy crap there must be a problem with those buggars if they have to hire a helicopter and a machine gunner to control them.

MOOSE MILK
12-22-2011, 01:27 AM
Lots of baccon going to waist, lots of wounded. How are they aiming? The gun never seems to move to ajust sight picture.

CanuckShooter
12-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Lets send them some wolves......a sure fire cure for pigs.

hunter1947
12-22-2011, 02:21 AM
This is how they should do it on the wolves the only way to take them out.

Nimrod
12-22-2011, 12:01 PM
This is how they should do it on the wolves the only way to take them out.
Actually The ministry has done this on wolves, couple guides I worked with saw this done on the Gatho in the 80's, said the gunner was an incredible shot. They said in the years after that cull the sheep population noticeably increased.

Amphibious
12-22-2011, 02:28 PM
dear sweet shit of zombie jebus. how many times can this video get reposted? he is my response from one of the other threads.

if you want to go and do this in person, contact Vertex Helicopters in Huston, Texas. Ask for Daron, We flew together once upon a time and he's working there now. They run hunts by the hour, Rifles are supplied.

***Heli Hunt*This Texas feral hog
shooting chopper video(LOACH on the job) is
fascinating. The pilot has a fixed
rifle(sounds like a 270) with optics rigged back to his helmet and
eye-piece. He doesn't miss and his scout-chopper flying
skills are down pat with the hogs behavior and pack or group
running style. This came from Greg Cooper who has a huge
ranch SE of Brownfield,Texas...south of Lubbock. I don't
know where the chopper hog hunting op is but it is clearly
West Texas. This is a long run
video but the hogs get it ! I don't see them dropping
flags or stakes from the air to ground-mark their kills so
as to go find them easily but I assume they "know"
the country or wait for the turkey buzzards to tip them off.
The pilot is really good !*

a whole lot wrong with this. this is not a LOACH. a Loach is/was the OH6, the military version of the MD500 series helicopter. the ones in this video are robbies.

the gun is NOT fixed. the cam is mounted on the rifle and is clearly visible at the start of the video. a fixed rifle would be weaponizing the aircraft, which i'm sure the State Dept & FAA would have some problems with.

looks like for the most part they're running AR15's

and just as an aside, there is nothing special about the flying.