PDA

View Full Version : Otter Lake

muleychaser
12-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Was thinking of going ice fishing up to Otter Lake in the Macgregor country. I have never fished the lake before but have hunted around it lots. Has anyone had any luck on this lake?

nap
12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
I have never I ice fished the otter mc, but have dragged a boat in in the summer, shallow lake with lots of little rainbows 12" or less. There will be alot of snow up in that country right now. Head in to stump on the blackwater or junker if you are going to go to the trouble of getting into otter lake. Long sled ride into there even if the North fraser is plowed.

muleychaser
12-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Was thinking about an over night winter camping trip/ ice fishing / wolf hunting/ and sledding in the captain over the holidays.

nap
12-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Well then your not just there than the fishing then are you, there is a trappers cabin right at 11 km on the otter fsr just before you would head up the captian, will be all locked up, but I have talked to the trapper and he is a friendly guy. He has a little cabin 12 k up the captian. 4 k up the captian there is a huge cut block. Have a great time with your sleds on that one.

f350ps
12-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I have never I ice fished the otter mc, but have dragged a boat in in the summer, shallow lake with lots of little rainbows 12" or less. There will be alot of snow up in that country right now. Head in to stump on the blackwater or junker if you are going to go to the trouble of getting into otter lake. Long sled ride into there even if the North fraser is plowed.
Is that the same Junker that's beside Firth LK? K

nap
12-20-2011, 11:14 PM
thats the one!!

shawnwells
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Had an 18 pack of Bottled beer in the back of the truck headin into Otter a bunch of years ago...when we got there it was a 3 pack....all broken...wanna see 3 grown men damn near cry?...