PDA

View Full Version : smelly jelly

jeff
12-19-2011, 03:36 PM
just wondering how many of you guys use this stuff..ive been useing anchovie and herring flavour ..i find it defenetly does work ....anyone else agree

12-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I hate the stuff!
I just dont like the stuff on the gear. I couldnt tell you how well it works because i cant stand how my tacle box smelled and getting the damned stuff all over my fingers!!!! blaack!

My buddy swears by WD-40. The only thing i like about that is after you wipe down your spoons you can hit them with that and it keeps them shinny.

The Dawg
12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
And here I thought I was getting in on a thread bashing Jelvis...lol

jeff
12-19-2011, 04:11 PM
And here I thought I was getting in on a thread bashing Jelvis...lol

hahaha,never thougjht of that ,haha now its funny

jeff
12-19-2011, 04:14 PM
I hate the stuff!
I just dont like the stuff on the gear. I couldnt tell you how well it works because i cant stand how my tacle box smelled and getting the damned stuff all over my fingers!!!! blaack!

My buddy swears by WD-40. The only thing i like about that is after you wipe down your spoons you can hit them with that and it keeps them shinny.

ya it is a bit stinky but it defenetly works ..my buddy amd me did a few tests...he beleived ,i didnt .after many weekends of his side out fishing my side 2 to 1 ..ive recently changed my veiws on the stuff..one draw back is like 835 said .it stinks

lip_ripper00
12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
We keep it in a small container, one on each side. dip your hoochie in and then over the side don't have to handle it.

jeff
12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
We keep it in a small container, one on each side. dip your hoochie in and then over the side don't have to handle it.

thats a good idea ,i would put a pile on the lure and rub it in but your way will work better.keep my fingers from smelling like the old lady.haha

Jagermeister
12-19-2011, 05:40 PM
thats a good idea ,i would put a pile on the lure and rub it in but your way will work better.keep my fingers from smelling like
Oh My!!! BAD BAD BAD! BOINK!

tightgrouper
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I hate that stuff too and avoid it for the same reason the other fella does. I use bait till the sharks show up then use the shark repelling grubs when the sharks are around.

jeff
12-19-2011, 11:36 PM
I hate that stuff too and avoid it for the same reason the other fella does. I use bait till the sharks show up then use the shark repelling grubs when the sharks are around.

ya sure it smells ,but if it works ,who cares about the smell .and it isnt that bad ...sometimes gear out fishes bait ..and with the price of bait these days ,i usually fly my old faithfull hootchie

TPB
12-19-2011, 11:40 PM
So if a guy were to use it for lake fishing for trout what scent is advised?

jeff
12-19-2011, 11:45 PM
So if a guy were to use it for lake fishing for trout what scent is advised?

good question ..the army navy in langley carries all the flavors ,which is lots ...my guess would be shrimp

Sitkaspruce
12-19-2011, 11:47 PM
It is the only stuff I use....and oh yea an 8" white or glow Power grub w/a bullet head jig.

Anchovie, Herring or Halibut, it makes no difference. I cut small holes in the jig and insert jelly.

I store the stuff in a Kraft 2 kg PB bucket to keep the boat clean...

Cheers

SS

recoil
12-19-2011, 11:49 PM
I have tried the kokanee killer from A&N a couple times i didnt notice an improvement in catch, i more just wanted to use it to mask the "human" scent on the lure. I might try it again next year i dont think it hurts, might be good for ice fishing too.

jeff
12-20-2011, 04:02 AM
the stuff defenetly works .if your a smoker it will cover the scent from your handleing of your gear .. i even coat my flasher with it..like i said before i was beleiver..my buddy would use it on his side and was out fishing me 2 to 1 ..

mikethemilkman
12-25-2011, 01:59 PM
was out fishing the turtle just offshore my buddy swears by smelly jelly on his spoons etc. seemed to work well i was using wd-40 worked well on my hootchies!!! ps cheaper too

greenhorn
12-26-2011, 12:03 AM
The WD-40 technique has to be illegal???? Pollution issues??

I know it's not much in the vast volume of the ocean.... but still seems wrong...

Drillbit
12-26-2011, 12:38 AM
WD40 illegal....Holy man......I guess it's pretty much illegal to say "Merry Christmas" and "Indian Reserve", so it goes with today's thinking.

greenhorn
12-26-2011, 11:15 AM
WD40 illegal....Holy man......I guess it's pretty much illegal to say "Merry Christmas" and "Indian Reserve", so it goes with today's thinking.

Ha ha... I knew someone would 'bite' Just kidding...

Happy non-denominational holiday season!