PDA

View Full Version : Last Hunt of the Year.

Hunterguy
12-17-2011, 11:49 AM
As I had spent forty- five days in the Moose is Loose Lodge this year I felt very fortunate to be allowed one more trip. My partners called and informed me that they would be unable to come and now the question should I go on a hunt alone. Why not its just a day trip, pumped about the morning early to bed. Next morning a little slow to get going, Timmys. Overcast and damp as I headed out. Had a few ideas where to go and tried a few spur roads, pretty busy though truck after truck. New of a place 2 years ago that was pretty good, off I go. Met a guy just coming out of the bush, said he had seen a few but not what he wanted, pointed me in the right direction and in I went. I hadnt gone to far thinking if I did get something down I wouldnt have help dragging it out. It wasnt long before I had a peek around a small fir and there it was, not huge but full bodied. Down it went, I was pretty excitied to be on a lone hunt and have success, now to dragg it out. Walked back and got the truck and muscled it into the bed. On the way out ran into another fellow, thats pretty nice what you got there, I said everything just came together, he said $40.00 Not a top ten tree but, and my partners were my two grandchildren 2 and 5 that couldnt make it. Merry Xmas to all on the board from The Lodge.

Darksith
12-17-2011, 12:28 PM
talking about hunting firewood?

doubled
12-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Hunting X mas trees - I love it.

REMINGTON JIM
12-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Hunterguy ! you Funny GUY ! lol

Rattler
12-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Good one...lol

pnbrock
12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
what size was the bases?

laredo318
12-17-2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/new/needPics.gif

ZIGGY
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Ha, Ha! Nice one! You did the Lodge proud! At least SOMETHING finally went down after all the tromping thru the bush we did this year! HOLY CRAP!.....my feet are still sore! That being said, nothing compares to being out there, seeing the sun rise and set with the sounds and sights of various animals lurking around, sometimes right beside us! Awesome! It's a good thing "firegirl270" got the Lodge a nice 3 pointer this year, (pics to follow). I know I speak for my Lodge-mates when I say that it's just great to be out in the bush hunting every year!
Merry Christmas to all of you on the forum!......(I hope we're still allowed to say Merry Christmas).....and Happy new Year!