PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in 7-12 b

tooty
10-01-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm heading back up to George this year again 7-12b ,but we hunted other parts of the province the last two years ...so we were wondering what it's like mainly down Gregg creek forest service road.The bug kill was getting bad that way,with lots of logging.We have a few walk in sneaky places we go,we would be interested on any input.Our buddies up there have not gone out hunting yet ,if you can believe that!!!

PGKris
10-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Lots of guys down Gregg Creek.

Elkhound
10-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Good luck Tooty.....heading up to 7-11 on the 8th

PGKris
10-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Man is everyone coming here? We ought to have a get-together.

Schmaus
10-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeehaw party on the Greg creek road I'm in. That road is usually busy enough to party on anyway.

tooty
10-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Awww for craps sake ,we are going anyways.Because we have a cow draw Na Na.If you are around there go to km 81/2 turn right,black and grey ford f250 slumber queen camper. I'll buy ya'll a soda...bring women,whiskey and more bullets,lots of bullets,oh and bandaids because of my brother inlaw sometimes gets a little close to to the scope(.338 ). Ask for Mike & Mike when you get there.

Elkhound
10-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Tell Mike to be careful when he is calling this year.....You don't want to tell the wife her brother got run over by a bull moose:wink:

tooty
10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Don't you mean my brother inlaws sister.?

Elkhound
10-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Was I wrong? Wasn't it your wife's brother that almost got flattened by that moose

tooty
10-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Talked to Daryl R. today .Two 50in. bulls ,One six point elk.Eight bull moose were coming in when they were calling,no cows.Pre rut staging,that was last week up at Dawson.

tooty
10-02-2006, 05:48 PM
My brother inlaws sister is my wife.Ha ha.word games.

PGKris
10-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Because we have a cow draw Na Na.

Did I mention we have 2 big bull draws, a cow elk draw and three doe draws in the family? Na Na! :lol: :mrgreen:

What days are you going to be around. Might be in the area lookin for a whitetail.

Benthos
10-03-2006, 12:39 PM
i was down there 2 weeks ago. gong show. too many people

tooty
10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
We are heading out this Saturday morning.Taking the scenic drive up because we have two doe draws in 5-2A.So maybe Sunday nite or Monday intime for calf season.We know some spots to get away from the crowds,and it's not to bad during the week.I hope.

Moosetang
10-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Gregg Creek is a gong show... Lots of traffic... Probably pulling sticks out of the bush as well. If that is the case then hauling starts about anytime after midnight so you can expect trucks on the bush roads. Blackwater Rd. south PG is the same with tons of truck hauling pretty well 24 hours. Lots of good moosin' though if you can stand the traffic. If I was to hunt locally around here I would head to the Cheif Lake area north West of PG. Probably a lot less traffic.

Schmaus
10-21-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm going out the Kay Kay road in the morning at the end of Chief lake road. Will be in a blue and silver on the bottom chevy with a big blue bush bumper.

Bullmoose
10-22-2006, 12:12 PM
We were up there in the heat a couple of weeks ago, saw two large bulls, 12 cows but only two calves, apparently the wolves have been running in this area. Should have no problem filling your cow tag

tooty
10-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Well we got our cow ....but holy crap what alot of hunters.Nothing to look at after 10 or 11 in the morning .Getting very toasty in the day.We got back on the 16th.Ya'll got to do somethong about them there wolfs chewing up all the calfs.We were talking to some of our local buddies up there and it seems to be ya'll got some wolfs in area now.The bio.for the area might have to reassess the calf opening for that area .The cow calf ratio is to low.An adjustment in the population model maybe needed for proper bull,cow,calf ratios now that there is that is a higher degree of wolf predation on juvenile moose.Also to add to the mix is the fact of mountian pine bettles eating all the trees.Hundreds of acres prairie isn't the best place for moose to hang out.Pencil sharpening might be in order....