PDA

View Full Version : Bow n Arrow for geese? and broadheads?

fowlweather
12-15-2011, 08:06 PM
hey i was just wondering if anybody has killed geese with a bow. I would be using a compound, but i am curious as to what type of broadhead would be sufficient for the job, i would be aiming for the head neck

limit time
12-15-2011, 08:13 PM
hey i was just wondering if anybody has killed geese with a bow. I would be using a compound, but i am curious as to what type of broadhead would be sufficient for the job.

Check out Gobbler Guillotine or the D.O.C (dead on contact) broadhead.

GRAPHIC VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQhrzigfGbk

fowlweather
12-15-2011, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=limit time;1041839]Check out Gobbler Guillotine or the D.O.C (dead on contact) broadhead.

thatll do it HAHA i could kill like 3 in a row with that thing. thanks for posting... hmmm now where to find one

rocket
12-15-2011, 08:37 PM
wholesale sports have some turkey guillotine was just in there today
i think they were around 35 bucks for three dont quote me on that i did look at a bunch of broadheads. but for sure had some.

limit time
12-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Chilliwack Dart and tackle is where I got my D.O.C.

Foxton Gundogs
12-15-2011, 10:08 PM
hey i was just wondering if anybody has killed geese with a bow. I would be using a compound, but i am curious as to what type of broadhead would be sufficient for the job, i would be aiming for the head neck

Check out the link below spacificly 15(1)(a) not sure if they mean it litteraly or not. I am no expert at all I came across it by accident looking for something else but It says "Long Bow" only as I said I am not up on archery terms but hate to se someone get busted unintentionaly.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.,_c._1035/page-6.html#h-11

Crazy_Farmer
12-15-2011, 10:56 PM
If you check the regs it says you can use all three types except crossbow on migratory birds. Recurve, long how and compound. But in your link the federal regs say only long bow but I don't think there would be a problem since our provinical regs stat you can use the others

On one DVD we had a guy shoots three cacklers with a bow. You don't normally aim for the head or neck. Center of mass through the chest. Normally the trauma alone from the arrow will keep the bird down. Or not able to fly. But I've also seen pictures of geese with an arrow through them that heals around the arrow and continues to live. Not good press when those show up in parks though

moosecaller
12-16-2011, 01:52 AM
I shot quite a few years back in Penticton on the golf courses, I used a compound and the cheapest wood shaft I could get with the DIY sharpen broadheads A-2 or A-4 something like that aim center of mass and they drop fast.

fowlweather
12-16-2011, 11:02 AM
But I've also seen pictures of geese with an arrow through them that heals around the arrow and continues to live. Not good press when those show up in parks though

there would be a hell of a lot of backup fire if it didnt fly away

longrifle
12-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Check out the link below spacificly 15(1)(a) not sure if they mean it litteraly or not. I am no expert at all I came across it by accident looking for something else but It says "Long Bow" only as I said I am not up on archery terms but hate to se someone get busted unintentionaly.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.,_c._1035/page-6.html#h-11

The definition of 'Long Bow' at the beginning of the regs you quoted includes a compound bow, so all is good...

'rifle

Gumsehwah
12-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Try using a condor, or an SGH.

Way more blunt trauma, less likely to get up and fly with a new set of feathers sticking out of him.

Gumsehwah
12-16-2011, 03:10 PM
BTW, cool article in Primative Bowhunter on goose hunting in a kayak with primative bow.

Foxton Gundogs
12-16-2011, 05:42 PM
The definition of 'Long Bow' at the beginning of the regs you quoted includes a compound bow, so all is good...

'rifle

As I said I didn't know thought it was better safe than sorry.

cheers
FG