PDA

View Full Version : Off To Dawson Cr Tommorow

Caveman
10-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Headed to Dawson Cr tommorrow for some Elk hunting before going to PG for my moose LEH. Long time coming. Hope to break in the Leupold scope I bought from c.k. from Huntshoot. Dad & I will take in a week for elk together then onto PG. Always look forward to these trips with my dad 'cause he isn't getting any younger, and it won't be too much longer before he won't beable to go any longer. Gotta give him credit though, he will be 71 this fall, and he'll be the first to get up and be ready at 6 in the morning, just can't walk as far as he would like to anymore.

Sasquatch
10-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Have a great trip! Nothing like a father/son trip for a lifetime of memories.
I sure hope I am still playing around in the woods when I'm 71.

LeverActionJunkie
10-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Have a good trip and enjoy, every minute. My Grandpa is 87 now but on his 85th, me him and my dad did some rabbit huning on the family farm out in Manitoba. One of the best hunts I've ever been on.

Caveman
10-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Went out and sighted in the new scope. Brought the grouping into a twoonie at 150yds. 165gr Federal Power Shok in my 30.06. They seem to perform well in my gun, and at $16.99 a box how can you go wrong. Dad of course will be packing his Husky 270, no scope, and a pocket of loose shells. Never has more than six with him. I'd be hard pressed to out perform him in any case.8-)