PDA

View Full Version : East Harrison FSR Dec 13/11 Trip Report

pmj
12-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Went today with my Toyota Corola. Road is dry, some frosty sections. Some pot holes. Logging at km 30 loading logs right on the road. I turned around there. Snow is really high. I estimate 700 to 800 m. I climbed up to the snow but saw no fresh signs where I was. Several hunters driving around. Not really going in the bush. Saw a doe at the lake edge on the way out. Sunsets about 4:00. Only 2 days left :icon_frow

lip_ripper00
12-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the up date Paul, I am hoping to get one more time this week.

r106
12-13-2011, 11:09 PM
ya thanks for the update. I'm heading up to that area tomorrow. Maybe further east. Were they trucking the logs out or just dumping in the lake? Were they letting people by at 30km?

pmj
12-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Were they trucking the logs out or just dumping in the lake? Were they letting people by at 30km?
I did not try to get by. They had logs on both sides of the road in a stack and a machine which appeared to be there wating for the next truck. Looked like there was room to get buy if no truck there. They have lousy old signs that are at about km 25 saying logging 7:00 am to 2:30 pm or something like that. Because they are old signs I did not know weather to ignore them or folllow them.

warnniklz
12-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I drove up past the... uhh I guess landing? Anyways went up both the 13th and 14th. Went and hiked up some hill sides. Seen lots of does. 1 button buck and what I'm sure was a buck that's already dropped it's antlers. Didn't get anything but was a good trip.

I'm pretty sure I drove by you all hell bent for leather.

They weren't really logging past the airstrip. The only place I didn't go because of logging was up Hornet Creek. A truck was coming down loaded and said there was another truck behind him. So I just went to another spot.

I also found this trail cam (didn't steal it, don't worry.)

This is the camera
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/cam1.jpg

This is sorta the scene here. You may have a picture of me giving you the thumbs up.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/scene.jpg