PDA

View Full Version : wounding game

jeff
12-12-2011, 07:25 PM
im just wondering how many bow hunters wound there game each year before they finally bag one ..i dont bow hunt ,so im just wondering ..my buddy took it up a couple years ago and has yet to kill one and bring it home .accually hes probably killed lots ,just hasnt found them ..probably wont get many truthfull answers ,but lets hear what you gotta say ..ten hits to one kill.. is that about right for a rookie

Shooter
12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
IBTL!! :biggrin:

StoneChaser
12-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I smell a troll.....

However, for your interest on a recent trip to the QCI, three of us CLEANLY killed 13 of 13 Sitka Blacktails with archery gear....kills ranged from ranged from 17 to 51 yards.

Two bucks were also missed cleanly (both downhill shots where the hunters shot overtop).

Keep the shots to a comfortable distance (ranges that you've practiced consistantly), keep the angles reasonable, and you'll have short bloodtrails with dead critters at the end of them.

IronNoggin
12-12-2011, 07:34 PM
..ten hits to one kill.. is that about right for a rookie

JeHeeSuz Christ I HOPE NOT! :evil:

Anyone running those odds better spend some SERIOUS time at the range, or give it up!

Used a decent compound for several decades. In all that time, I only ever lost one (poor hit). Picked up the crossbow, and put in a LOT of time with it before I felt anywhere near comfortable with shooting at game with it. Actually believe my old compound had a better trajectory and sure as hell loaded a lot faster!
2 hits, 2 kills, 2 recoveries (1 clean miss) this year with the new crossbow.

Any decent bow is downright Murderous when the One behind it has sufficient practice under their belt. There is NO Excuse for what you are suggesting!

Of course this could simply be a troll, in which case Bad on me for biting... :cry:

Cheers,
Nog

quadrakid
12-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Hes dead on, i,ve taken about .twenty bucks with the bow and i,m sure i,ve wounded two hundred or so. Give your head a shake!

jeff
12-12-2011, 07:37 PM
JeHeeSuz Christ I HOPE NOT! :evil:

Anyone running those odds better spend some SERIOUS time at the range, or give it up!

Used a decent compound for several decades. In all that time, I only ever lost one (poor hit). Picked up the crossbow, and put in a LOT of time with it before I felt anywhere near comfortable with shooting at game with it. Actually believe my old compound had a better trajectory and sure as hell loaded a lot faster!
2 hits, 2 kills, 2 recoveries (1 clean miss) this year with the new crossbow.

Any decent bow is downright Murderous when the One behind it has sufficient practice under their belt. There is NO Excuse for what you are suggesting!

Of course this could simply be a troll, in which case Bad on me for biting... :cry:

Cheers,
Nog

well the guy i no ,has hit 4 deer that i no of ..with no kills .. where i grew up ,around farmland ,id see deer every year with arrows in ass or neck

Weatherby Fan
12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Well I haven't bow hunted for years and never did kill anything with it I did clip one in the brisket and another one I had about a 15 yard shot on a very steep uphill angle made a perfect shot and the arrow hit a rib and deflected straight into the air without entering the deer,needless to say I didn't get the deer,
my buddy looked at me and says can you believe that ? Nope !
I'm just sticking to the Weatherby's lol

huntcoop
12-12-2011, 07:44 PM
well the guy i no ,has hit 4 deer that i no of ..with no kills ..

Sounds like your buddy(you?) is an a$$hole and should be reported.

fearnodeer
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a bow hunting slam, how many people with a gun have done the same thing?

Forest Gump: It happens

Have managed to shoot one with a bow yet but being my first year expected so.

jeff
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Sounds like your buddy(you?) is an a$$hole and should be reported.

sorry pal i dont and never will own a bow ,ill stick with my 300 win mag thanks...and reported ..reported for being a shitty shot ..shut up

coach
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
A well placed broadhead is devastating, Jeff. I'm 4 for 4 and only one has made it 100 yards (barely). Shot placement is everything. Vitals vitals vitals! The bad stories you hear are the result of bad shooting (happens with a rifle too) or bad shot selection. Head shots, neck shots, etc are not recommended. Neither are shots outside your comfort range. Once that arrow is in the air, there's no taking it back. Follow up shots can be made fairly quickly, but having an animal move 20 yards after the first shot can put them out of range.

ROEBUCK
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
killed 6 big game animals with a bow (3 bears,3 deer)and lost a bear
in my opinion just as many screw ups with rifle as bows.

on another note it allways makes me laugh when guys say they saw deer every year with arrows sticking out of them, as every animal ive seen shot with a bow, the arrow has been pulled out by undergrowth after they run, always find the arrow before i find the animal.

jeff
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
killed 6 big game animals with a bow (3 bears,3 deer)and lost a bear
in my opinion just as many screw ups with rifle as bows.

on another note it allways makes me laugh when guys say they saw deer every year with arrows sticking out of them, as every animal ive seen shot with a bow, the arrow has been pulled out by undergrowth after they run, always find the arrow before i find the animal.

seen it more than a few times pal .

coach
12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
So what's the point of your question, Jeff?

huntcoop
12-12-2011, 07:59 PM
sorry pal i dont and never will own a bow ,ill stick with my 300 win mag thanks...and reported ..reported for being a shitty shot ..shut up

LOL, typical.....

MerrittBow
12-12-2011, 08:00 PM
8/8 for me, gotta wait for those perfect shots. Nothing over 40 yards, lots of archers can shoot past 40 yard perfectly at the range but there is lots that can happen when hunting.

jeff
12-12-2011, 08:03 PM
LOL, typical.....

whats typical.......

jeff
12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
So what's the point of your question, Jeff?
theres no point coach ..i just wanna hear from the bow hunters how many arrows fly ,to how many deer fall ..
from my one outing during bow season with my buddy ..i didnt like what i saw

Lillypuff
12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
wounded less with the bow than the rifle. The guy you are talking about should spend some time shooting and speaking to fellow bowhunters about his problem or considering trading his bow for a camera

elkdom
12-12-2011, 08:10 PM

after 20 years of guiding clients on big game hunts in BC I have seen more than my share of a$$hats that couldn't hit the broadside of barn with their .300 Wind-Bag-Magnums, and just as many resident .300 Wind-Bag Magnum toting fools,

keep talking, I think I may have met YOU ! :mrgreen:

coach
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
theres no point coach ..i just wanna hear from the bow hunters how many arrows fly ,to how many deer fall ..

That's unfortunate, Jeff. Can't paint a whole group of people with one brush though. Sounds like your buddy needs more practice or a different pastime. Personally, I killed a lot of grouse with my compound before shooting at any animals.

Glenny
12-12-2011, 08:16 PM
No diff. It all comes down to how much either shooter has been practising and learning there bows n guns.

proguide66
Ever notice that its virtually impossible for a true dumbass to post as a pretend 'intelligent ass' ?:lol::lol::lol::lol:...oh boy...headshakin is outta hand tonight!

StoneChaser
An arrow with a good sharp broadhead delivered to the vitals is as close to assasination as I've encountered, and rivals the fastest NON CNS kills I've made with a rifle.

Here's a photo of a short bloodtrail from this fall...shot this Sitka at 17 yards and he trotted less than 15 yards and dropped...doesn't get much quicker than that!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/StoneChaser/CIMG0971.jpg

huntcoop
12-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Ever notice that its virtually impossible for a true dumbass to post as a pretend 'intelligent ass' ?:lol::lol::lol::lol:...oh boy...headshakin is outta hand tonight!

Soooo true, god bless Surrey for producing some good laughs.

jeff
12-12-2011, 08:36 PM
after 20 years of guiding clients on big game hunts in BC I have seen more than my share of a$$hats that couldn't hit the broadside of barn with their .300 Wind-Bag-Magnums, and just as many resident .300 Wind-Bag Magnum toting fools,

pipe down bud ,my shooting is not an issue ..been shooting since i was 7 or 8 ...just as good a shot as you are bud ..

Ron.C
12-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I agree with above, Seems to me like there are some folks who could benefit for some proper bowhunter education and focus on

1. competency and shot placement.
2. game recover/tracking skills.

I took the bowhunter education course several years after I had been bowhunting and learned a few new things. For a newcomer to bowunting, it would be a great idea if they don't have someone to show them and teach them. Wounding and loosing that many animals is a poor way to learn and not accepatable in my opinion.

And I have to comment on what Roebuck said that it makes him laugh when people say they see deer with arrows hanging out of them. This is the topic of countless local news articles every year in urban areas. I saw a deer in my local bowhunting/shotgun only area walking around with fully intact arrows driven into shoulder bones. And saw/shot another in the east kootenays with a broken arrow driven into its rear leg. Lastly, south of Cranbrook several years back, my partner and I saw a cow "beef cow" with several arrows festering in its gut. Very Ugly!!!
It happens, even though you haven't seen it.

jeff
12-12-2011, 08:39 PM

arent you just the smartest ass around ...what are you saying here .im not getting your dumb slander

markt308
12-12-2011, 08:45 PM
when I'm hunting with my rifle, I wait for a broadside, or 1/4 away shot at a distance that i'm comfortable with. exact same deal when i'm bowhunting. if you do that, theres nothing to worry about. animals will die when arrows fly....that just rhymed playa

CanuckShooter
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Hes dead on, i,ve taken about .twenty bucks with the bow and i,m sure i,ve wounded two hundred or so. Give your head a shake!

Can't believe your story , sounds like bs.

KB90
12-12-2011, 08:47 PM
arent you just the smartest ass around ...what are you saying here .im not getting your dumb slander

slan·der/ˈslandər/
Noun:
The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation

jeff
12-12-2011, 08:47 PM
why is it every time i post something theres gotta be some smart ass calling me out ..this is a legit subject , so if u think calling me a dumbass makes you feel cool ,fly at er ..if you want to meet me and talk to me how you do on here ,your welcome to do so..

Glenny
12-12-2011, 08:55 PM
It's been explained to you numerous times.

Stéphane
12-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Shouldn't this be in the open chat? It's harshing the bowhunting forum mellow!

Ddog
12-12-2011, 09:07 PM
its because your an ???, with an opinion that you have formed from a hunting partner that is an arse that should not be bowhunting or shooting at animals with a bow or in that case a gun because its obvious that he doesn't know where to put a shot.
i have seen lots of people lose animals with guns and your 300 Mag, that you are so proud of. I am 20+ years of bowhunting and i will admit i have lost a few animals in that time, i have around 100 big game animals down with the bow, including Elk, Deer, Bear and lots of others like coyotes, rabbits ,grouse I am a proud bowhunter that takes pride in harvesting animals quickly, if the animals are out of my range--->50 yards or further they walk. I have never taken an animal over the 45yard mark though. It takes great control to let that monster walk when he is at 50 yards, although i know i can hit it.
i think i went around 25 or so animals before i had a an arrow deflect by an unseen branch and hit the animal through the guts, i lost that animal. I was sickened by it. i have made some other shots that the animals got a flesh wound and survived. but i have seen lots of animals hit by guns that will not survive, and lost. i have seen it first hand, and second hand ( by finding lost animals).
to say that every year you seen animals with arrows in them i call BS, 100%. you may have seen a few but there is no way every year. In over 20 yrs i have only seen (personally) one deer walking with an arrow in it. seen some pictures of others.
JMO---D

2tins
12-12-2011, 09:08 PM
If you didn't like what you saw when your buddy wounded an animal, that's good. Showing up on a site like this and starting a thread like this is dumb. Most people on this site consider themselves to be honest and ethical hunters and to pass judgement or form an opinion about other bow hunters or bow hunting based on one expirience is dumb. Tell yer buddy to get some practice in before next season so he does not make the same mistake twice.

jeff
12-12-2011, 09:12 PM
its because your an ???, with an opinion that you have formed from a hunting partner that is an arse that should not be bowhunting or shooting at animals with a bow or in that case a gun because its obvious that he doesn't know where to put a shot.
i have seen lots of people lose animals with guns and your 300 Mag, that you are so proud of. I am 20+ years of bowhunting and i will admit i have lost a few animals in that time, i have around 100 big game animals down with the bow, including Elk, Deer, Bear and lots of others like coyotes, rabbits ,grouse I am a proud bowhunter that takes pride in harvesting animals quickly, if the animals are out of my range--->50 yards or further they walk. I have never taken an animal over the 45yard mark though. It takes great control to let that monster walk when he is at 50 yards, although i know i can hit it.
i think i went around 25 or so animals before i had a an arrow deflect by an unseen branch and hit the animal through the guts, i lost that animal. I was sickened by it. i have made some other shots that the animals got a flesh wound and survived. but i have seen lots of animals hit by guns that will not survive, and lost. i have seen it first hand, and second hand ( by finding lost animals).
to say that every year you seen animals with arrows in them i call BS, 100%. you may have seen a few but there is no way every year. In over 20 yrs i have only seen (personally) one deer walking with an arrow in it. seen some pictures of others.
JMO---D

did you grow up on farmland . farmland that held alota deer ...huh did you .so dont tell me what i saw .and yes ,pretty much every year there was a deer with an arrow in it ..like it or not

moosinaround
12-12-2011, 09:13 PM

As a resident big game hunter who hunts with a 300 wind bag magnum, I take offense to your wind bag magnum comments:)!! Moosin

KB90
12-12-2011, 09:14 PM
id see deer every year with arrows in ass or neck

pretty much every year there was a deer with an arrow in it ..like it or not

So which is it?

Ddog
12-12-2011, 09:17 PM
typical , you are lying, plain and simple, and yes i did grow up near farmland that i hunted regularly, how many animals do bowhunters wound before they harvest one? lets see,, hmm this year i have had 2 shots and have 2 animals down within 25 yards.

CanuckShooter
12-12-2011, 09:24 PM
As a resident big game hunter who hunts with a 300 wind bag magnum, I take offense to your wind bag magnum comments:)!! Moosin

I agree, should leave windbag magnum hunters out of it.

I have never seen an animal wounded by a hunter playing Indian, unless it was on the news.

CanuckShooter
12-12-2011, 09:26 PM
typical , you are lying, plain and simple, and yes i did grow up near farmland that i hunted regularly, how many animals do bowhunters wound before they harvest one? lets see,, hmm this year i have had 2 shots and have 2 animals down within 25 yards.

You are insulting a member. Expect an infraction from gatehouse he doesnt stand for that bs!!

jeff
12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
listen buddy ,why and what reason would i lie about it ..im a hunter just like you ..what would i get outa lieing ..i dont bow hunt and dont have anything against bow hunting .these deer i would see with arrows in em were done by poaching.not by legit bow hunters .there was no hunting on any of this farmland.

cloverphil
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
why is it every time i post something theres gotta be some smart ass calling me out ..this is a legit subject , so if u think calling me a dumbass makes you feel cool ,fly at er ..if you want to meet me and talk to me how you do on here ,your welcome to do so..

just a guess, but maybe you've built a reputation here since joining, and people are getting to know you by your words

as for bow hunting, I know if I were to take up bow hunting, which I'd like to if I could find an older cross bow, I know I would get a heck of a lot of practice in at a range or shooting grouse, before I'd ever try taking a big game animal

hunter1993ap
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
there is no such thing as a dumb question.(sometimes there is) jeff does not bowhunt and mabey has little experience for the sport so dont give him a hard time because of something someone else is doing. if i were you jeff i would have a very serious conversation with the guy who is hitting all these deer and let him know its wrong what he is doing and he should either give it up or practice a lot more.

Sitkaspruce
12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Sorry Jeff, but your not a hunter if you still have that pi$$ poor "Bow Hunter" for a buddy. You actually act like it is normal for him and other bow hunters to go "one for ten" on wounding to kills.

Maybe he one of the reasons there is a "Slaughter" in region 8, due to all the wounded animals he hits and never finds..........

I personally think that "Jeff" posts crap like this to get attention because he is lonely, and to get his post count up to Hunter1947's so he can be a somebody to his Buddy......

Total Posts

Total Posts 967
Posts Per Day 1.24

Keep it up Jeff, it is a long winter I need the odd laugh.....

Cheers

SS

jeff
12-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry Jeff, but your not a hunter if you still have that pi$$ poor "Bow Hunter" for a buddy. You actually act like it is normal for him and other bow hunters to go "one for ten" on wounding to kills.

Maybe he one of the reasons there is a "Slaughter" in region 8, due to all the wounded animals he hits and never finds..........

I personally think that "Jeff" posts crap like this to get attention because he is lonely, and to get his post count up to Hunter1947's so he can be a somebody to his Buddy......

Total Posts

Total Posts 967
Posts Per Day 1.24

Keep it up Jeff, it is a long winter I need the odd laugh.....

Cheers

SS

buddy id love to meet you face to face ..garanteed you wouldnt talk like that ... you would probably be respectfull and polite ...tell me ,why am i not a hunter .. id like to hear why your a hunter and im not ..i go out in the bush with my gun and put meat in my freezer .isnt that a hunter ..

Moose Guide
12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
My buddy was a butcher at Stoney Plain, Alberta and said you can't believe how many animals came in with arrows in them once rifle season started. I believe that the majority are good hunters but it only takes a few bad apples to make us all look bad!!! Oh, IBTL!!!

Shooter
12-12-2011, 09:54 PM
..i go out in the bush with my gun and put meat in my freezer .isnt that a hunter ..

Look pal... lotsa guys do that and many of them aren't hunters..

lol.. couldn't help myself on the pal thing. Don't take offense buddy.

Marlin375
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
listen buddy ,why and what reason would i lie about it ..im a hunter just like you ..what would i get outa lieing ..i dont bow hunt and dont have anything against bow hunting .these deer i would see with arrows in em were done by poaching.not by legit bow hunters .there was no hunting on any of this farmland.

This begs the question....why would you state that you see deer with arrows sticking out of them every year? in the same post with your buddies poor "hunting success" ........... a deer shot with a field point and running around suburbia has about as much to do with legitimate bow hunting as getting hit by a car.
Do your own research jeffy, a Broadhead tipped arrow shot from a half-assed bow will pass right through a deer 9 times out of 10 and if it hits the spine on the 10th shot the deer will hit the ground.

coach
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
My buddy was a butcher at Stoney Plain, Alberta and said you can't believe how many animals came in with arrows in them once rifle season started. I believe that the majority are good hunters but it only takes a few bad apples to make us all look bad!!! Oh, IBTL!!!

Funny, haven't heard about that around here. Stoney Plain must be special.

jeff
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
This begs the question....why would you state that you see deer with arrows sticking out of them every year? in the same post with your buddies poor "hunting success" ........... a deer shot with a field point and running around suburbia has about as much to do with legitimate bow hunting as getting hit by a car.
Do your own research jeffy, a Broadhead tipped arrow shot from a half-assed bow will pass right through a deer 9 times out of 10 and if it hits the spine on the 10th shot the deer will hit the ground.

im not stupid ,obviously if the arrow doesnt hit bone it will go right through .if it hits the shoulder or ass bone its stuck ..so intern the arrow is sticking out till he knocks it off or breaks off..ive seen it so dont tell me to research shittt

hunter1993ap
12-12-2011, 10:06 PM
i hit spine with an arrow last year and he never dropped. i still got him but i had to shoot him again.

ThinAir
12-12-2011, 10:08 PM
It depends... if a guy waits for a broadside shot at a comfortable range, I'd say recovery can be nearly 100%. If a guy wants to fling arrows at animals at bad angles and ranges out of their "zone" then it can turn into a sh*t show fast.

Maybe I've been lucky but, I'm at 100% recover with the 14 bow kills I've had. I know that one day I will likely wound an animal... but I have also passed on situations that I didn't feel confident in.

Marlin375
12-12-2011, 10:14 PM
im not stupid ,obviously if the arrow doesnt hit bone it will go right through .if it hits the shoulder or ass bone its stuck ..so intern the arrow is sticking out till he knocks it off or breaks off..ive seen it so dont tell me to research shittt

I have hit a bone or two and they were smashed, the resulting damage that the broken broadhead did was devastating. I shoot Thunder Head tipped 620grain arrows though. Not Canadian Tire field points.

huntcoop
12-12-2011, 10:35 PM

:lol: re-read your own posts......:lol: call ya out, behind the school at 3:15....LOL.....what a child :mrgreen::mrgreen:

jeff
12-12-2011, 10:44 PM
:lol: re-read your own posts......:lol: call ya out, behind the school at 3:15....LOL.....what a child :mrgreen::mrgreen:

theres only one clown acting like a child here and its you ...your just the same as some of the other guys ..if you were to meet me and talk about this subject you would not be calling me a child ..youd be polite and respectfull .for reasons unknown ,guys on here think they can talk to me this way ..i find it extremely funny

Weatherby Fan
12-12-2011, 11:01 PM

LMAO-Elkdom you make me laugh buddy ! your posts are nothing short of entertaining.

moosinaround
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
LMAO-Elkdom you make me laugh buddy ! your posts are nothing short of entertaining.

Yup he makes me chuckle too!! Some funny $hit right there!! Moosin

OutWest
12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
You should have seen a pattern on here by now Jeff. Somehow I'm not surprised though!

Sitkaspruce
12-12-2011, 11:06 PM
buddy id love to meet you face to face ..garanteed you wouldnt talk like that ... you would probably be respectfull and polite ...tell me ,why am i not a hunter .. id like to hear why your a hunter and im not ..i go out in the bush with my gun and put meat in my freezer .isnt that a hunter ..

This is what is so funny with you Jeff........you so predictable....LOL!!!!!

You think because I make a comment on the WWW, that you need to solve it with violence.......LOL!!!! So predictable....

It is a lot of fun pushing your buttons....:wink:

As for meeting me, I hope your shoulder is better before that happens....LOL...see, I bet that pushed your buttons even more...LOL!!!!

In all honesty, a hunter would not be asking this question, but asking his "Buddy" to be a much better shot and to stop hunting until he does get better....or drop him as a buddy....unless wounding 9 deer out of 10 is Ok with you.

Hunting is not just about going out and shooting an animal, that is the bonus of hunting. Hunting means doing more for the animal we hunt, about it's habitat, the conservation of that animal and reporting people who do not respect that animal ie. poaching or wounding numerous ones (which to me is no different than poaching). That is a little bit about what hunting is about. And if you needed to ask that, then you need to learn more about hunting........

Blood pressure rising yet????:mrgreen:

Cheers

SS

johnrousseau
12-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Any body who bow hunts and says that they haven't wounded a deer is a stark liar. Any body who rifle hunts and says that is the same.
It happens and its going to keep happening as long as people are hunting.

coach
12-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Any body who bow hunts and says that they haven't wounded a deer is a stark liar. Any body who rifle hunts and says that is the same.
It happens and its going to keep happening as long as people are hunting.

You believe that?? You're saying that every bow and rifle hunter has wounded a deer??

jeff
12-12-2011, 11:41 PM
You believe that?? You're saying that every bow and rifle hunter has wounded a deer??

i beleive it ..anybody whos got years behind them anyways ..ive been hunting 30 years and i can say theres been more than a feww wounded animals ..and anyone says different is lieing

peashooter
12-12-2011, 11:44 PM
im just wondering how many bow hunters wound there game each year before they finally bag one ..i dont bow hunt ,so im just wondering ..my buddy took it up a couple years ago and has yet to kill one and bring it home .accually hes probably killed lots ,just hasnt found them ..probably wont get many truthfull answers ,but lets hear what you gotta say ..ten hits to one kill.. is that about right for a rookie

Your buddy is an idiot.

Foxtail
12-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Maybe you and your buddy are just chitty trackers. A deer hit in the vitals can still go a long way on adrenalin. Just because you kill animals and put them in your freezer dosen't make you a hunter... I mean unless you eat them I think that just means you are disturbed. Anyone can pull a trigger, it's not that hard to point a gun at something and pull the trigger.

r106
12-13-2011, 12:07 AM
this is going to be an entertaining off season this year. I bet 10$ jeff doesn't make it. what a joke

jeff
12-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Maybe you and your buddy are just chitty trackers. A deer hit in the vitals can still go a long way on adrenalin. Just because you kill animals and put them in your freezer dosen't make you a hunter... I mean unless you eat them I think that just means you are disturbed. Anyone can pull a trigger, it's not that hard to point a gun at something and pull the trigger.

i dont get what your saying ... i eat the animals i kill ..that makes me disturbed...is that what i just read

The Hermit
12-13-2011, 12:10 AM
One of the lessons in the IBEP course is on tracking. Last time I taught it with Gord Eason, and he brought along some blood like fluid and we created a typical blood trail on dry ground. Lots of guys lost the trail pretty quickly. It isn't always easy, and the exercise underscores the importance of: practicing with your bow; waiting for the right shot angle; getting up close (15 - 25 yards is optimal); using super sharp solid cut-on-contact broadheads; and perhaps most importantly, patiently waiting for at least an hour before starting to track the game and thus allowing time for the animal to lie down and stiffen up... committing to recovery effort!

Anyone mortally wounding 10 deer without finding any of them really needs to take the course, and maybe spend lots of time at 3-D shoots!

Lets see, I've rifle hunted for 46 years (missed a few seasons over the years) I have wounded two deer and one bear while rifle hunting and lost them all. (I'm pretty sure the bear and one of the deer survived)

I've been bow hunting for 4 or 5 seasons now I think. I've made a couple shitty shots with my longbow, and wounded two deer but with perseverance and help from my hunting partners have been lucky enough to track down the animals and dispatch them, recovering the meat. Deer don't run so far when they have been shot with a bow... I think the instant adrenaline accompanying rifle shots makes them run further...

jeff
12-13-2011, 12:11 AM
this is going to be an entertaining off season this year. I bet 10$ jeff doesn't make it. what a joke

listen here r 106 ,what kinda name is that anyways r 106...thats a joke ..come call me a joke to my face ..see if you can back that up buddy

peashooter
12-13-2011, 12:11 AM
maybe you guys should learn how to track..............and shoot straight...........................maybe some manners while we are in school.

jeff
12-13-2011, 12:14 AM
One of the lessons in the IBEP course is on tracking. Last time I taught it with Gord Eason, and he brought along some blood like fluid and we created a typical blood trail on dry ground. Lots of guys lost the trail pretty quickly. It isn't always easy, and the exercise underscores the importance of: practicing with your bow; waiting for the right shot angle; getting up close (15 - 25 yards is optimal); using super sharp solid cut-on-contact broadheads; and perhaps most importantly, committing to recovery effort!

Anyone mortally wounding 10 deer without finding any of them really needs to take the course, and maybe spend lots of time at 3-D shoots!

now theres a good responce .thanks hermit ..for all you other clowns with your smartass comments ..stop trying to to get me worked up ..i no thats what your trying to do

The Dawg
12-13-2011, 12:16 AM
10 hits to 1 kill ? You are right. That is a rookie.

Im at at LEAST 75-100 hits and nothing recovered yet. Im a seasoned vet at it! I pride myself on my hail mary shots!

coach
12-13-2011, 12:18 AM
i beleive it ..anybody whos got years behind them anyways ..ive been hunting 30 years and i can say theres been more than a feww wounded animals ..and anyone says different is lieing

In 5 years of bowhunting, Jeff, I have never wounded and lost a deer. Am I a liar? I have rifle hunted since 1982 and have never lost a deer. Am I lying again?

Granted, I did wound and lose one bear (rifle) and have been involved in unsuccessfully tracking one deer and one elk that hunting partners wounded. You are correct in saying it's likely to happen sooner or later over time. That said, generalizations, such as everyone, everybody, anyone, etc should be avoided in discussions such as this.

English lesson over. On to punctuation next..

coach
12-13-2011, 12:20 AM

Im at at LEAST 75-100 hits and nothing recovered yet. Im a seasoned vet at it! I pride myself on my hail mary shots!

Hang in the NoahDawg. One day, you'll get lucky.

r106
12-13-2011, 12:21 AM
listen here r 106 ,what kinda name is that anyways r 106...thats a joke ..come call me a joke to my face ..see if you can back that up buddy

right on in true jeff fashion. but on a serious not you need to some anger manager classes

CanuckShooter
12-13-2011, 12:23 AM
R106--quit being such a tool.

peashooter
12-13-2011, 12:24 AM
stop baiting him. its not his fault he can't hold his liquor.

MerrittBow
12-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Bad decisions(shooting to far or taking bad angle shots) + no knowledge of tracking= lost game + Internet= people bitching, rather than out looking for said wounded deer

r106
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
R106--quit being such a tool.

ya I know i'm done.

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:33 AM

why u lying like that??? u know dam well its more like 250 of 500 and none recovered LOL

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:35 AM
i see douches are still douching

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:39 AM
looky looky what i found!!!

CDS - 4(1) Possession of Controlled Substance Commit MCLEOD, JEFFREY Albert

26-Jan-2007 CCC - 86(2) Storage, etc. of firearm contrary to regulation Commit MCLEOD, JEFFREY Albert

jeff
12-13-2011, 12:42 AM
looky looky what i found!!!

CDS - 4(1) Possession of Controlled Substance Commit MCLEOD, JEFFREY Albert

26-Jan-2007 CCC - 86(2) Storage, etc. of firearm contrary to regulation Commit MCLEOD, JEFFREY Albert

what the fffkkk gives u the right to post that you motherffffffkkkrrr...you have no idea what you just did you mother fkrr

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:43 AM
he **** nut its public record

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:47 AM
got this from our buddy jeff via pm

ffkk u
hey why the hell you do that ,,what gives you the right you fricken puke ..you shouldnt a done that

jeff
12-13-2011, 12:47 AM
he **** nut its public record

i dont give a shit ..thats just stupid and ignorent ..if you were in front of me right now id knock your ass out ... what a weasel

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:50 AM
u want my ****in address??? bring u ****in lil bitch!

Tikka270
Ibtl!!?? Always wanted to do that.

3kills
are u even allowed to have a firearm? proably not so there for i m pretty sure its u that is wounding animals!

peashooter
hahahahahaha this shit gets better every minute

Tenacious Billy
12-13-2011, 12:51 AM
This is becoming legendary..........

3kills
oh i m soooo
IBTL

The Dawg
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_litf7mOzVu1qa0h6f.gif

jeff
12-13-2011, 12:52 AM
id love your address punk ,ill teach you some manners .and what not to do ..you crossed a line with me you little weasel ..pm me your address

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:54 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA ur a funny funny guy only lesson u can teach me is how to smoke pot and improperly store my fire arms so i can get charged HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:55 AM
or was it meth i take u for maybe a meth head

Elshooto
12-13-2011, 12:55 AM
someone want to tell me what ibtl means?

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:56 AM
in before the lock

jeff
HAHAHAHAHAHA ur a funny funny guy only lesson u can teach me is how to smoke pot and improperly store my fire arms so i can get charged HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

your nothing but a disrespectfull little shit that needs an adjustment ...

peashooter
peashooter is officially
In Before The Lock!!

Tikka270
Are the mods on a break?

Shooter
12-13-2011, 12:57 AM
IBTL= IN BEFORE THE LOCK My guess is this thread aint gonna be open much longer. kinda like Jeff's account , If I was a betting man.

peashooter
12-13-2011, 12:57 AM
hahahahahaha ur a funny funny guy only lesson u can teach me is how to smoke pot and improperly store my fire arms so i can get charged hahahahahahaha

epic post!

r106
12-13-2011, 12:58 AM
]hahaha lmao 3kills you rock

lbtl

3kills
12-13-2011, 12:58 AM
your nothing but a disrespectfull little shit that needs an adjustment ...

can u put the crack pipe down long enough to ATTEMPT and i really emphasize ATTEMPT to to give me an adjustment????

The Dawg
12-13-2011, 01:01 AM
http://imgcache.ifans.com/forums/imgcache3/c5ae0b55a5d9791696b94e9f3b5961cb.png?orig_url=http ://pnw4runners.com/pics/banhammer_forecast.gif

peashooter
12-13-2011, 01:03 AM
oh my god my stomach hurts im laughing so effin hard rite now!!!!!!! thanks dawg

Tikka270
12-13-2011, 01:03 AM
If you guys do meet up maybe tickets can be sold? Proceeds go towards hbc.

peashooter
12-13-2011, 01:05 AM
oh i'll take a couple, name the price. kills and dawg are funny.

where is the other guy, he fell off his chair when he saw that stuff on here?

The Dawg
12-13-2011, 01:05 AM
http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/hulkisangry.jpg

3kills
12-13-2011, 01:06 AM
maybe the power went out in the trailer park???

jeff
12-13-2011, 01:06 AM
If you guys do meet up maybe tickets can be sold? Proceeds go towards hbc.

merrits a pretty small town ..slave to jimmy eh

3kills
12-13-2011, 01:08 AM
and your point?

3kills
12-13-2011, 01:09 AM
my boss James davison is a real slave driver :)

Tikka270
12-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Seriously lmao!

cloverphil
12-13-2011, 01:16 AM
http://imgcache.ifans.com/forums/imgcache3/c5ae0b55a5d9791696b94e9f3b5961cb.png?orig_url=http ://pnw4runners.com/pics/banhammer_forecast.gif
lmao, now that's funny
ibtl

peashooter
12-13-2011, 01:50 AM
isn't the silence beautiful, thanks to 3kills

Glenny
12-13-2011, 02:18 AM
I just squirted Pepsi out my nose. "Frank Burns eats worms" Yes this is the drama forum starring Captain Conflict n co. Hilarity in it's purist form. IBTL:redface:

3kills
12-13-2011, 02:23 AM
sad thing is when i wake up this will be locked and nuked LOL

Freshtracks
12-13-2011, 02:42 AM
gotta get my first IBTGHL ... :D

mpotzold
12-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Just read this thread .:shock: Can’t believe some of the posts ! Making all these uncalled for disparaging remarks to a member-you should be ashamed of yourselves. Most of you are hiding under a pseudonym so it’s no sweat for you. I see it as nothing less than cowardly.
Jeff asked a simple question & you want to hang him. Grow up! Get a life!

BillBraskii
12-13-2011, 04:39 AM
I think all the guys who jeff has threatened to punch out should band together and pay jeff a visit so he can teach us all a good lesson hahahaha

Here's a link to a map to jeff's house....
you could go it alone but I wouldn't advise it....pretty much a death sentence lol

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=14061+76+Ave,+Surrey,+British+Columbia&hl=en&ll=49.141629,-122.833092&spn=0.007159,0.01929&sll=49.133206,-122.855988&sspn=0.45826,1.234589&vpsrc=6&hnear=14061+76+Ave,+Surrey,+British+Columbia+V3W+6 L1&t=m&z=16

BimmerBob
12-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Epic! Love the laughs, you guys just seem to have too much time on your hands when hunting season is nearly over...

And... quit trashing Surrey, it is a great place.

Oh, and IBTL! LOL

frenchbar
12-13-2011, 07:23 AM
anybody got some spare popcorn ...im fresh out:mrgreen:

Weatherby Fan
12-13-2011, 07:29 AM
anybody got some spare popcorn ...im fresh out:mrgreen:

Hey Glen I had to switch to Rum & Coke,Captain Morgans of course !

frenchbar
12-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey Glen I had to switch to Rum & Coke,Captain Morgans of course !

i'll take a double of the captains ..sounds good .

BiG Boar
12-13-2011, 07:57 AM
I am batting 100% on animals recovered with my bow and my rifle. Only been hunting a few years but I have always managed to find em. Hasn't always been easy, but it has happened. With a bow I have taken 10 animals or so. Arrows are incredible killing machines. Its education that people don't have on proper shot placement that is killing bow hunting. I know because I am learning the hard way.

ncurrie
12-13-2011, 08:00 AM
wow, I am pretty new to this forum, and all I can say is WOW

frenchbar
12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
threads like these happen when you only make it to grade 5 page 8....

Weatherby Fan
12-13-2011, 08:17 AM
I am batting 100% on animals recovered with my bow and my rifle. Only been hunting a few years but I have always managed to find em. Hasn't always been easy, but it has happened. With a bow I have taken 10 animals or so. Arrows are incredible killing machines. Its education that people don't have on proper shot placement that is killing bow hunting. I know because I am learning the hard way.

Nice to see someone with a decent post and trying to keep this thread on track !

frenchbar
12-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Nice to see someone with a decent post and trying to keep this thread on track !

everyone loves a train wreck...this 1 was never on the tracks lol

russm86
12-13-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm a rookie bow/crossbow hunter. I started with the crossbow as an intermediate step to learn some of the skills and what not involved in it. This was my first year hunting with it and my first shot made my first kill with it, it was only about 9 yards but thats half the trick with bow hunting is being able to get in close. I also practiced probably every other weekend or so throughout the spring and summer. Any shot I took with that crossbow I knew exactly where it was going to hit and I knew exactly how far I could proficiently make an effective and ethical kill shot. It's all about practice and understanding your tools. This next year I will make the move up to a compound bow and will for sure be practicing as much or more.

bowhunterbruce
12-13-2011, 08:41 AM
after losing my first animal with a bow i fowed to never lose another one.every year since then i have shot no less then 8 different 3d shoots every year to keep my judging/shooting skills at the best they can be.
shot placement and tracking skills along with patience are where we all should be, as responcible hunters.
we owe it to not only the animals, but to ourselfs to be the best at our chosen sport.
i believe that i have done my part in achiving my success's through diligence and drive.
your buddy has not jeff.tell him that, yet show him how he can be better.there are coarse's and 3d shoots throughout every part o the province.there should be no excuses for his miss's and loss's.
bhb
ibtl

3kills
12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I apologize for the route that I took this thread but I am also tired of guys like jeff being internet bullies and threatening all the posters on this thread and I would take it that route again and again cuz some times people need to be put in there place. it has happened to me more then once and i m sure it will happend to me again after mods see and read this thread.

elkdom
12-13-2011, 09:10 AM
pipe down bud ,my shooting is not an issue ..been shooting since i was 7 or 8 ...just as good a shot as you are bud ..

I figured you had the mind of an 8 year old,,,,,,,,,my hunch paid off !

thanks for confirming !

Sitkaspruce
12-13-2011, 09:31 AM
This is just too funny!!!!

Jeff really needs to have thicker skin if he wants to play with the big boys.......

I rest my case as 3kills has really pushed Jeff's buttons!!!!

And for the record, one animal wounded and lost, only to be seen after I tagged out on another one. Deer was OK at the time of the sighting. A couple animals needed two shots to finish off, but the first shot has been the killer. And that is with 30+ years of hunting.

Now watching clients shoot 300 win and bigger and miss is a completely different story......

IBTL

SS

budismyhorse
12-13-2011, 09:37 AM
its sad but true that there are a lot of hunters out there that wouldn't know how to track a wounded animal to save their life. It is a skill that takes patience and practice. The OP doesn't really seem to have much of the former so I can imagine he has a jaded view of the act of bow hunting.

digger dogger
12-13-2011, 09:37 AM
WOW, Pack menality!!

With bows/crossbows, placment is really critical.. Dave (Big boar) could you post up the anatomy of a deer pic we were checking out the other day?
I learned a bit out of it.. (where you would aim with a rifle is not nessasarily where a arrow/bolt would be placed..

mark
12-13-2011, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=BillBraskii;1039534]I think all the guys who jeff has threatened to punch out should band together and pay jeff a visit so he can teach us all a good lesson hahahaha

you could go it alone but I wouldn't advise it....pretty much a death sentence lol

Man, I so thought this would be a map to "sunnyvale"

Jeff, since you want to meet so many members "face to face" why dont you start by posting a pic of yourself, then yer opponents could do the same, some guys will do some cool photoshop work and repost the pic.......then we could all place bets on who's gonna win. :-D
You see ive started a new business selling popcorn online, this could really boost my sales!

proguide66
12-13-2011, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=BillBraskii;1039534]I think all the guys who jeff has threatened to punch out should band together and pay jeff a visit so he can teach us all a good lesson hahahaha

Man, I so thought this would be a map to "sunnyvale"

Jeff, since you want to meet so many members "face to face" why dont you start by posting a pic of yourself, then yer opponents could do the same, some guys will do some cool photoshop work and repost the pic.......then we could all place bets on who's gonna win. :-D
You see ive started a new business selling popcorn online, this could really boost my sales!
I got a feeling someone is 'f-ing' with us......I'm starting to bet 'Jeff' is someone else on here bein twisted and laughing their ass off with midless shit to post...due to extreme boredom that is....no one can be this stupid....NO ONE!

3kills
12-13-2011, 10:35 AM
no jeff is jeff! he has threatened me a few times now cuz of the posting of his criminal record. he exists for real.

proguide66
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
no jeff is jeff! he has threatened me a few times now cuz of the posting of his criminal record. he exists for real.

Holy christ , now I'm REALLY laughing! hmm...well , guess I was wrong..people CAN be this stupid...wow..hmm..threatening people and owning firearms usually doesnt last together too long.
My god I'm pissed deer season is over...THIS is what HBC is coming to THIS early? HEEEAAAD SHAKE!

sky-gunner
12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Can't believe this massively entertainng thread is still open. Good enough for my first IBTL.

peashooter
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/coach108/deer.jpg

"In the red corner, standing 5'8" weighing in at 165#"

BCHunterTV
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Cabin fever has begun....

Wild one
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
In 17 years of bowhunting I have lost 2 animals from bad shots 1 when I was starting out and 1 by arrow deflecting.

Just like any other weapon if you practice and choose your shots wisely bows are deadly. The problem is there are idiots with all weapons that take any and every shot they think they stand a 1 in 100 chance of making.

3kills
12-13-2011, 10:46 AM
5'8? i would say he looks a weee bit shorter then that, I think I finally figured out what his issue is, he has short man syndrome really bad!

shaydog65
12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Settings, Edit Ignore List, User Name = jeff, Save Changes, Okay

r106
12-13-2011, 10:56 AM
5'8? i would say he looks a weee bit shorter then that, I think I finally figured out what his issue is, he has short man syndrome really bad!

Napoleon complex is an informal term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferiority_complex) which is said to affect some people, especially men, who are short in stature. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives. Other names for the term include Napoleon syndrome[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex#cite_note-0) and Short Man syndrome.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex#cite_note-BBC_2007_03_28-1) It does not appear in the American Psychiatric Association (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Psychiatric_Association)'s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_of_Mental_Disord ers).[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex#cite_note-dsm-2)
The Napoleon complex is named after French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon). The conventional wisdom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conventional_wisdom) is that Napoleon compensated for his short height by seeking power, war and conquest. However, Napoleon was actually of average height for his time period and misconceptions may have been due to an incorrect conversion of his height because of confusion between French and English units. Historians have now suggested Napoleon was 5'6" (1.68 m) tall.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex#cite_note-3) Napoleon was often seen with his Imperial Guard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_(Napoleon_I)), which contributed to the perception of him being short because the Imperial Guards were above average height.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex#cite_note-4) In psychology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology), the Napoleon complex is regarded as a derogatory social stereotype (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_stereotype).[6 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex#cite_note-5)

Tikka270
12-13-2011, 10:59 AM

I think that was peashooter not Jeff.

r106
12-13-2011, 11:03 AM
I think that was peashooter not Jeff.

hahahahha lmao I guess we will just chock that up as friendly fire

I'm done before I get in trouble

BillBraskii
12-13-2011, 11:05 AM

"acually bill . 6 ft 2 ,205lbs .and full of piss n vinagar".....theres a quote from a pm from jeff.....

If he is 6foot2 205 his daughter must be 6foot4 235 because shes looks bigger than him in the pictures!!!!
She must be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bitch.
hahahahaha......textbook small man syndrome!!!

fuzzybiscuit
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Jeff, read out slowly to self:

I Am Wee Todd Did! I Am Sofa King Wee Todd Did!

IBTL

coach
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM
As if the rest of this thread hadn't crossed the line - calling a 12 year old girl a bitch is going WAY too far. Enough's enough. Time for a lock!

r106
12-13-2011, 11:12 AM
leave any comments about a mans kids out of it. You might want to edit that.

Spy
12-13-2011, 11:13 AM
The season has to be over & Jeff is f...ing with all of you! Well done to those who did not take the bait! To the rest of you well done for showing your true colures! Mann this is going to be a long wait till next season!

Bow Walker
12-13-2011, 11:15 AM
IBTL

Jeff, talk to your buddy and tell him to stop 'hunting' until he can hit what he's aiming at!

Tikka270
12-13-2011, 11:15 AM
I thought this would have been locked loooong ago. What was this thread about again?