PDA

View Full Version : Goat draw 6-09 zone B info

mod7rem
12-10-2011, 10:39 PM
I have a draw for 6-09 zone B and was looking for some advice on the area. Ive never hunted there before and was hoping for some helpful tips. Which month is better jan or feb? I have a book on all the hiking trails in the area but is this more of a "spot from the road and blast up" type of area this time of year, or should I plan for hard access? I'm not looking for anyones honey holes, but would appreciate any info you wish to give. Thanks.

sherpa-Al
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
You picked a tough one for the winter hunt, it's got some good goats though just have to find them. There isn't a whole lot of winter access, there are some nice bluffs along the highway that have produced some nice winter goats in the past. I like winter goat hunting in Feb, weather is better and the days are longer. The goats are pretty much spent from the winter and don't move around much if at all, they'll be bedded right where they've found something to eat..in the afternoon sun.

Al.

mod7rem
12-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks alot for the reply Al. Would you recommend a snowmobile or just snowshoes, crampons and a pack?

sherpa-Al
12-16-2011, 01:05 AM
I've only hunted the West end of the draw and in that part it's all a spot and stalk with snowshoes (Denali Ascent's), and my pack (it is always on my back wherever I go). There is some summer/fall access in the Eastern end but I don't know about winter time, maybe post another question regarding snowmobile access to the East side of 6-09 B and see if any of the other local guys have any info to share.