PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Update with the Daughter in 3-19

Ltbullken
09-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Had a fairly nice day in 3-19. Took the 10-yr old daughter, who was on a in-service day, out with me for a drive around a couple of my hunting holes. Saw a couple of muley does early on. She saw one on her own to which I was very impressed. We saw one good size doe and she said she saw another close to where the first one was standing. I was doubtful at first as I didn't see it and thought she was referring to the first one we saw. Then I remembered reading once that kids see more than we give them credit for because they are shorter so have a different view. So I knelt lower and saw the other doe. That honey hole looks promising. Lots of droppings all around it.

Went to the second spot. Encountered plenty of grouse. No deer. Had to remind her how to walk quietly.

Walked out another spot and found fresh moose droppings.

By the end of the day, we had a couple of grouse in the bag, which we cooked up this evening in a mushroom and white wine sauce with rice. Very tasty. Even gave the dog a few bites.

Got to remember to get my daughter to look away when I pop the grouse. She gets a bit sentimental about such 'cute birds'. :sad:

Anyway, too clear and warm for big game at the moment, had a good day with the daughter. Not bad for leaving at around 10:30 and getting back at 4:30.

lip_ripper00
09-29-2006, 08:04 PM
priceless!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

mtnmax
09-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Thats awsome.
I can't wait for a couple more years to start taking the oldest out on some small hunts.

Will
09-29-2006, 09:05 PM
That's Great ! :)
Going out sunday for a lookabout with my Boy.....
It's his 2nd time out8)