PDA

View Full Version : Socials Studies Project

LoonLake96
12-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone, I recently handed this in to my social studies teacher not knowing he was against hunting, he actually admitted he liked my arguments. Let me know what you think.

Personal Response to Hunting

Hunting is not just a sport to my family and I, It’s a family tradition that brings us together out camping. Many people also mistake poachers as hunters, Poachers are people who kill animals for thrills, and they shoot animals whenever and where ever. Hunters are dedicated men, women and children who harvest a deer or two a year and wait happily till the next season. Lots people see hunting in a wrong way. It’s not going out in the forest and shooting a “bambi”. It’s about population control and helping the environment. If there was no hunting, animal populations would be so high that our everyday lives would be changed. Predators would be a nuisance in many places. Profits from hunting are very high; I spend alone 80 dollars on licenses. Money from hunter goes towards various organizations but most of it helps out economy. The meat from wild game animal is the leanest and highest quality around. It can last all year and save you hundreds of dollars on meals. Hunting is a pastime from many of our ancestors and it’s bad that hunter numbers are slowly diminishing. Many programs try to educate new hunters and take them out, but today’s society is making guns and hunting look like a bad thing. Hunters do more for wildlife then PETA or any other vegetarian clan will ever do. Whenever the topic hunting comes up, guns always follow. Many people believe guns kill people, it’s the people behind the trigger you should be scared of, not the hunters because they are people fully educated on safety and proper handling of all firearms. Ethics are the most important part of hunting, people who use headlights to hunt and who are unlawful do not have the right to hunt. Conservation officers do their best to protect wildlife and they know firsthand how important hunting is for sustainable habitats. Hunting should be carried on for years to come because it’s not just a sport it’s a way of life that should be cherished forever.

papaken
12-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Good for you!

TommyGuitar
12-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Good job bud. Keep it up, projects are way easier to do when you care about them.

I did a trapping presentation at my university in my environmental science class. During the Q+A period, a fellow asked me what the difference between hunting and trapping was.

ufishifish2
12-06-2011, 09:20 PM
I woulda given you a C-.
Great points on an excellent topic, but so many darn grammatical errors....................... :)

In all honesty it was good of you to write about something you are passionate about. Good on you for trying to educate others.

Betcha $5 this gets moved into open chat though!

doubled
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Loonlake, question for you. How old are you and what grade are you in? This looks like a good report.

LoonLake96
12-06-2011, 09:27 PM
15 , grade ten. I have alot of errors but, its the content that really counts !!

ufishifish2
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM
You betcha bud. Just teasing you! Well done!!!!

doubled
12-06-2011, 09:38 PM
15 , grade ten. I have alot of errors but, its the content that really counts !!

Nothing wrong there - good report, keep working at it and it will be fine. If you are using Microsoft Word to type your reports, it has a spelling/grammar check that will pick up alot of errors and help you out.

blackbart
12-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Good on you for writing about something that you care about. Most of us on HBC fail at English, so take the C- comment as "you are above the HBC average"!

doubled
12-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Good on you for writing about something that you care about. Most of us on HBC fail at English, so take the C- comment as "you are above the HBC average"!

He is not kidding about that either.

hunter1993ap
12-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I woulda given you a C-.
Great points on an excellent topic, but so many darn grammatical errors....................... :)

In all honesty it was good of you to write about something you are passionate about. Good on you for trying to educate others.

Betcha $5 this gets moved into open chat though!
has it been marked yet! i would not grade it at a c-. Your writing reminds me of what i was like in grade ten and now i'm writing university papers at 80%. good job you will learn to make less mistakes the more time you spend writing. the point got though and thats all that matters!

TPB
12-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Im in grad 12 an im good at speakin english butt is social studys not english class :D