PDA

View Full Version : Just another day in "Good Ol' Cedar"

Foxton Gundogs
12-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Well got out Sat. for the first time in a couple of weeks, wasn't a great day but then again not a bad one either. Started off with a double on a perfectly decoyed pair of Widgeon, then things got spotty but steady ended up with an even dozen mixed birds. 2 nice mallards, 4 ring necks, 6 widgeon. Birds are getting weary so a new plan and spot may be in the offering for next weekend.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/FoxtonGundogs/CedarDec3-1.jpg

longshot
12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Soild shoot, great job! I had a chance out in the farms last January on a flock of ringnecks..... but I never got that perfect distance shot that creates a perfect situation for a wall mount.. :(

Cheers, longshot jr.

Foxton Gundogs
12-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Got a beautiful drake 1 bloodspot on the chest my partner in the pic used to own a taxidermy up north so maybe

shotgunjohn
12-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Sounds like you still had a good hunt Foxton. I went out Sunday morning and never fired a shot. Only saw a few high flyers. Had to go pass shoot some "garbage " ducks down at the river mouth in the afternoon so my dog could get some work. A limit of goldeneyes (2) and three buffleheads. Tried to make coot stew with them and its alright but would be better without the duck.

aliagha
12-07-2011, 06:55 PM
excellent hunt FG! nice guns too, benelli's??

Foxton Gundogs
12-07-2011, 07:03 PM
excellent hunt FG! nice guns too, benelli's??

Pretty much, good eye, mine (left) is a "poor man's Benelli, a Stoeger P350 I love it. The other is a Nova.