PDA

View Full Version : Skagit Valley

heatherdaddy
12-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Well the Skagit Valley was bust today as it washed out about 2 miles past the end of Silverhope Lake going to Ross lake. Went to the other side of Silver but nothing there but closed gates and lot of old tracks. Headed to Jones Lake only to get snowed out there as there is too uch snow to go much past km 6 on the road. So of to the Chilliwack Valley for some hunting, saw lots of tracks and a ton of snow by the Chilliwack Lake site. So tried Ford Mountain FSR and saw 2 mule does but no bucks. The day was pretty much a bust everywhere. I even tried Foley Lake and Chipmunk Cr in the chilliwack Valley but to many ATV's there. Saw lots of tracks and nothing but the 2 does. I am beiginning to wonder if any deer live in the Chilliwack Valley. I didnt even see a bear, but the loggers working on the Chlliwack South FSR road saw a big stinky bear this morning there and a bunch of does while they were working. I guess my season is now over till next year.

keoke
12-03-2011, 09:24 PM
I got stuck behind a wash out in skagit last year. Don't give up yet! Go explore the both sides of Harrison.

With the locked gates are you sure it wasnt the one for the campsite? You go over the second little bridge and there is a yellow gate straight ahead (campsite) but right before it you hang a right and it goes up on the other side of the mountains.

heatherdaddy
12-03-2011, 09:32 PM
It was for the campsite but there was a lot of snow on the other road, I couldn't get up it with the 2wd truck I have but I walked it for about 2 miles. Didn't see anything but old tracks

Westslope
12-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Why not just hike up to the old heli block at the front end, found plenty of sheds around it...

Barracuda
12-04-2011, 12:31 AM
good to know time to make some other plans

BCHunterTV
12-04-2011, 09:33 AM
how was is the washout? passable with a good truck and chains?

heatherdaddy
12-04-2011, 10:02 AM
The washout was passable with a truck with decent clearance. I saw a guy go through it with a small ruck but the water was up to his doors. It seemed solid and passable.

live-for-the-rut
12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Here is a little video of the slide that happened in the Skagit last Sunday,it was just past the 11km on the main Silver Skagit, there were 5-6 vehicles all hunters about 15 guy's trapped on the other side,they were all able to walk across the lower section and make it across safely. It was not derivable as it was 5 ft deep in some spots and lots of debris.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDh3hmMkZOo

Steeleco
12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Looks messy, but should separate the men from the boys LOL

ROEBUCK
12-04-2011, 05:36 PM
will they clear it before the spring ?
as getting across maybe easier, than getting back across if it gets worse

Barracuda
12-04-2011, 05:58 PM
ittl be clear a few day probably

heatherdaddy
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Well when I was there yesterday there was a vehicle that drove across it. So it has gone down since the video was made. The video of it was pretty nasty, but it is better looking now. I am glad everybody got back across OK.