PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in the Kamloops Area.

Rem 30.06
12-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi,
I am contemplating going out hunting for White Tail Bucks and 4pt. Mule Deer tomorrow, Sunday.

I have not shot a dear in the 2 years I have been hunting, although seen lots.

I was wondering if anyone knew of an area where I may have more chances for success.

Our season is drawing to an end real fast and it would be nice to get one.

Thanks.

Jelvis
12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
I'd hunt the snowline and just above it. It's about 3000 feet now. Jamieson Creek area should be good.

Rem 30.06
12-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Thank-you very much for the information and quick reply!

Darksith
12-03-2011, 04:09 PM
well I haven't seen a thing except tracks the last 2 outings. They are there, but with the snow getting a bit crunchy its pretty hard to sneak up on anything.

250 sav
12-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Walk the semi open fir areas but study the thick areas (draws thickets deciduious etc.) at the elevation just below the dead pine areas. walk slow, stop often and study your suroundings!! don't just look.

Jelvis
12-03-2011, 08:06 PM
As you drive along looking for a nice spot along the Jamieson Creek fsr drive to Whitewood Lake and a little beyond. You will see where the beetle killed pine was logged and where the 2003 forest fire hit the area.
This part of the country will have mule deer in the forest and fields. Mule deer migrate through this spot every year.
Try going up there early before dark arriving in this area at day break, then walk up a hill with some rocky ridges and bluffs you will see deer.
When leaving you can keep driving towards Gorman Lake and drive down passed Gorman Lake this is excellent mule deer habitat. It's mule deer wintering range at it's finest.
Jel .. Good luck and have a great hunting adventure in region 3 .. Gorman Lake off Westside road .. Beauty area ..

adamgarbett
12-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I just got un from a day hunt in the kamloops area. 2 2pt. Muleys and a doe. Lots of loud crunchy snow, but a good day.