PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Call In By My Voice..

hunter1947
12-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Some of you HBC members will remember the pack of Wolfe's I call I this year in late Aug :-D.

I have been thinking of this for some time and the trapper lady came into my camp on my 64th birthday and give me a rough time about this call in and putting the videos on the Internet so a few weeks latter I deleted the videos off You Tube thinking it might be the right thing to do ???? :confused: :icon_frow.

Like I said I thought a lot about this and my thoughts are why should I take them off You Tube to please her ??? ,the videos should be up on this site so every hunter can see that it is possible and can be done a call in.

If I keep it silent them members won't see how its was done when you members see the footage you can try the same thing if you hear a pack howling.

The chances are good that you might be able to call the pack in like I did and then if regs say it is open for the wolfs then you can take a few out of service with your rifle ,bow ,shotgun the one wolf came in within 12 yards of me ,I will post up all the footage once it is loaded up latter today ,Wayne.:)..

The call in was of this pack of wolfs was just like calling in a bull elk they would call I would call right back to them when things went silent I would give a call and most times they would call again....

I thought I would upgrade these clips and bring this wolf call in back up for members that might not have seen these videos..

ROEBUCK
12-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Great
there great videos
thanks dan

Pioneerman
12-03-2011, 08:55 AM
I am glad to hear you are going to repost it was a great bunch of videos you have and we all enjoy seeing them

swampthing
12-03-2011, 08:59 AM
It should be no secret that you can call wolves by your voice. Does this trapper lady want them all to herself?

Big Lew
12-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Great to hear, Wayne, it's your right to do whatever you've a mind to....provided it's legal. As far as it being morally objectible, or too sensitive or offensive to others, I personally can't see how anyone can make that argument....it was very thrilling and interesting. Although I very seldom have taken pictures when out in the wilds, I, too, have vocally called in wolves.....it's a sure way to get the adrenalin pumping, even though you know it's not that dangerous. Keep doing your thing, Wayne, it's what keeps you young.

Moose63
12-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Hunter1947

Please post the video. This year when I was calling for Moose in 3-31 I had a pack of wolves answer me. Made my son laugh.

RB2
12-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Really enjoyed watching those videos, glad we will all be able to see them again!

pnbrock
12-03-2011, 09:35 AM
thanks 47 nothing wrong with educating a few on how to rid a problem animal.

pescado
12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I understand Wolves get more vocal in Feb.- March when I've been told they rut. They are suppose to come to howling well at that time of the year. Have also been told that they don't howl when there moving, so if you don't hear them for a while there's a good chance there coming in. Took my first Wolf this year and it was a rush. Hoping to get out more this winter for another. Get that video out 1947, the trapper lady can "stuff it". Lets get as many as we can.

doubled
12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Good stuff Wayne, I was hoping you would do a 180 after some time to think about it. Who cares what anybody thinks - do what you want to do not what somebody else wants you to do. You are in your sixties, you've earned this right.

BiG Boar
12-03-2011, 10:18 AM
I was watching a show yesterday on hunting wolves with a bow. Probably the hardest hunt in BC. Would anyone agree?

doubled
12-03-2011, 10:24 AM
I was watching a show yesterday on hunting wolves with a bow. Probably the hardest hunt in BC. Would anyone agree?

I would have to agree there. How were they huting them - in a blind? Calling?

coquitlam
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
The trapper lady obviously checked out your thread last time and hopefully will most likely check this one out as well. So this reply is posted directly to her.
who the hell do you think you are going around telling law abiding hunters what to do or not to do. They are not your wolves ,they belong to all British Columbians and if some one wants to watch and admire or shoot some in season ,well so be it as they have just as much right as you do to harvest or admire. You got lucky that he was listening to what you said, I am sure that you would not of made out so good entering my camp or most other camps with your bull***t

meat eater
12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
lookin forward to seeing these vid's!!

lovemywinchester
12-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Lady trapper?? Is there going to be a little feral hunter2012 wolf boy running around the bush soon?

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/kid.jpg

proguide66
12-03-2011, 11:17 AM
hahahaaaaaa........seen that little prick pissin at the greyhound Pemby the other day.

Wayne , was this 'trapper lady' hot??...maybe she was just initialising 'contact' ?? kinda like when girls used to punch us in the arm when we were kids??...I'll bet she was really wanting to go 'teepee creeping' in your camp at night!~!:-P

That footage was great ! NO ONE gets footage of wolves like that!

Brett
12-03-2011, 11:21 AM
I missed the videos the first time round , can't wait to see them!! GOOD on you Wayne for doing what you feel is right!

ROEBUCK
12-03-2011, 11:22 AM
very tough .on a par with calling in a cougar and bow

Bow Walker
12-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Wayne - does everyone like every video posted up on You Tube? She is just one person. She happened to have access to your hunting camp and to you so she could voice her opinion.

It is - after all - only her opinion. You know what they say about opinions......."Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one"

There are a lot of videos that I don't like on You Tube. Do I look up the posters and tell them to take it down? NO............I've got a life and have learned tolerance of others.

If she is concerned that her fur-bearing animals are being depleted then she should get ehr ass out there and work harder.

This is, of course, just my opinion......;) :)

hunter1947
12-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Lady trapper?? Is there going to be a little feral hunter2012 wolf boy running around the bush soon?

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/kid.jpg

I am sitting pissing myself laughing that as funny as you can get ,LOL.

hunter1947
12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
hahahaaaaaa........seen that little prick pissin at the greyhound Pemby the other day.

Wayne , was this 'trapper lady' hot??...maybe she was just initialising 'contact' ?? kinda like when girls used to punch us in the arm when we were kids??...I'll bet she was really wanting to go 'teepee creeping' in your camp at night!~!:-P

That footage was great ! NO ONE gets footage of wolves like that!

Steve you just might be right never thought about it that way ??? :confused:..

hunter1947
12-03-2011, 11:52 AM
The trapper lady obviously checked out your thread last time and hopefully will most likely check this one out as well. So this reply is posted directly to her.
who the hell do you think you are going around telling law abiding hunters what to do or not to do. They are not your wolves ,they belong to all British Columbians and if some one wants to watch and admire or shoot some in season ,well so be it as they have just as much right as you do to harvest or admire. You got lucky that he was listening to what you said, I am sure that you would not of made out so good entering my camp or most other camps with your bull***t

Good post you are so right.

hunter1947
12-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Wayne - does everyone like every video posted up on You Tube? She is just one person. She happened to have access to your hunting camp and to you so she could voice her opinion.

It is - after all - only her opinion. You know what they say about opinions......."Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one"

There are a lot of videos that I don't like on You Tube. Do I look up the posters and tell them to take it down? NO............I've got a life and have learned tolerance of others.

If she is concerned that her fur-bearing animals are being depleted then she should get ehr ass out there and work harder.

This is, of course, just my opinion......;) :)

This is a very good post Dan your wording is smack on.

hunter1947
12-03-2011, 11:55 AM
It should be no secret that you can call wolves by your voice. Does this trapper lady want them all to herself?

You hit the nail dead center I agree ,all for herself.

hunter1947
12-03-2011, 12:01 PM
I just want others to see how I did the call in and maybe one day any of you members can do the same then boom ,boom...

Just remember I heard this pack screaming I new that the pack was close enough to her me call back to them then I set up and starting to call they answered me immediately so keep this in mind if you hear a pack calling set up and start calling you can ether use you voice if your good at call or use a fox pro to call them in..

Philcott
12-03-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll also be looking forward to re-seeing the videos. They were interesting first time around and will be just as interesting 2nd time around. Post away Wayne.

hunter1947
12-03-2011, 01:10 PM
I'll also be looking forward to re-seeing the videos. They were interesting first time around and will be just as interesting 2nd time around. Post away Wayne.

Philcott I have to wait till there are all loaded up before I post them up ..

Philcott
12-03-2011, 01:11 PM
No problem Wayne. I'm just sitting here smelling the jerky in the dehydrator. Lots of time.

bugler
12-03-2011, 02:00 PM
When I was bowhunting Northern Alberta this September we had a pack howling not too far away while we were in the midst of trying to call in a bull elk. The elk would bugle, the wolves would howl, and the elk didn't seem to care. After we lost track of the bull we moved toward the wolves and my cousin ended up calling the pack in pretty close but it was too thick to see them. We could hear them moving. When he first howled they lit right up and sure sounded mad, then went quiet, and the next thing you know they were right beside us in the thick. Long story later, but we wound up between the pack and a big female that had been separated. We heard her howl, my cousin answered, and she showed up at 10 yards, where cuz sent an arrow through the chest. Pretty cool experience, intend to try it again this winter.

Jagermeister
12-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I think that will be most benefical Wayne.

whitetailsheds
12-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I just want others to see how I did the call in and maybe one day any of you members can do the same then boom ,boom...

...'zactly Wayne....there are alot of young hunters ( and others without this type of experience or edumacation) on here looking for exactly this. You demonstrate it well. It IS very easy to do. And boy, do those puppies need thinning! Keep posting Wayne!

Gateholio
12-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Did I miss something? There doesn't seem to be a link to the videos?

What was the problem the trapper lady had? Doesn't like people that call in wolves?

d6dan
12-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Did I miss something? There doesn't seem to be a link to the videos?

What was the problem the trapper lady had? Doesn't like people that call in wolves?

Yup, Gate's you missed it. Earlier in the season Wayne had a visit (at his camp)by the local trappers wife bitchin' about his youtube vids. So he then deleted those off of youtube. Fast forward to today, he's now going to load them up again for all to see. He will post them soon..:-D

BiG Boar
12-03-2011, 05:49 PM
very tough .on a par with calling in a cougar and bow

I would have to agree there. How were they huting them - in a blind? Calling?

They were in a treestand over bait in the winter.

Taking a cougar with a bow is very doable with good hounds. But calling one in or baiting a cougar would be near impossible also.

Sorry for the HiJack

BiG Boar
12-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Wayne, could you explain in the best detail you can remember how to best repeat what you did while calling them in?

ROEBUCK
12-03-2011, 06:11 PM
They were in a treestand over bait in the winter.

Taking a cougar with a bow is very doable with good hounds. But calling one in or baiting a cougar would be near impossible also.

Sorry for the HiJack

2 years ago i did call in a wolf but screwed up the chance ,due to patience ,came right in to the caller !

Bc Deer Hunter
12-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Cant wait for the link! Thanks Wayne, maybe ill get a couple under my belt next season! Take care. BCDH

gutpile
12-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Hey Wayne why would you let someone tell you what you need
to do to please them, go tell them where they can go !
this is afree country. If some did that to me i'd tell to shove it.
would pissss me right off.

hunter1947
12-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Wayne, could you explain in the best detail you can remember how to best repeat what you did while calling them in?

Dave the clips I will be putting up will be as it unfolded from the start to the last footage I would call the stop then the wolves would answer me right back when they called I called Dave you will see in the video I was standing right by the picnic table no camo on just my normal clothing..:)

hunter1947
12-04-2011, 03:02 AM
I think that will be most benefical Wayne.

Your right this thread of mine will show others how easy it really was to call this pack into shooting bow distance..

The Dude
12-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Hey Wayne, any chance you can edit them so it's one clean tape? I remember last time you put up about 15 links, and you had to jump around to see them all piecemeal. Any chance you could make it all one?
Either way, good on ya, and we look forward to seeing them again.

hunter1947
12-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Hey Wayne, any chance you can edit them so it's one clean tape? I remember last time you put up about 15 links, and you had to jump around to see them all piecemeal. Any chance you could make it all one?
Either way, good on ya, and we look forward to seeing them again.

You are right on thinking this way I am sorry I don't know how to put them all together as one bunch ,I can do this on a DVD-R but not on You Tube guess I am a little stupid ???.

The Dude
12-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Hey all you need is someone to show you an editing program, and how to use it. Most computers come with some basic stuff nowadays. It's not that complicated, but, like reloading, it seems impossible if you don't know where to start.
Everything's simple when you know how, right? :-)

Whatever you have is great wayne.

BlacktailStalker
12-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Your right this thread of mine will show others how easy it really was to call this pack into shooting bow distance..

I wouldn't say it's easy or the odds are high but you sure prove it is possible !

Fishhound
12-04-2011, 08:12 AM
I can't wait to see the videos and then go give it a try in MU 3-12 if I can get in, there was wolf sign every where I went when I was there last

hunter1947
12-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Videos are up and loaded go back to the start of my thread ,meaning my first post I put up on this forum...

hunter1947
12-04-2011, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't say it's easy or the odds are high but you sure prove it is possible !

You could be right Andy about not that easy to call in but you never know I thought I would give it a shot and look what happened..

OutWest
12-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Awesome stuff Wayne! Glad to see these back up.

killman
12-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Pretty cool. Just one thing. Why no dead ones?

hunter1947
12-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Pretty cool. Just one thing. Why no dead ones?

Closed season the call in took place around the end of Aug this year anything above the 11 hundred meter mark was closed season for wolves I will not break the law ..

Jagermeister
12-04-2011, 12:19 PM
At times it sounds like the Mrs had caught your gunnies in her iron grip. I guess that is what makes you so natural sounding.:mrgreen:

kennyj
12-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Pretty freekin cool Wayne. Thanks for posting.
kenny

hunter1947
12-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Pretty freekin cool Wayne. Thanks for posting.
kenny

Thanks Kenny I hope this thread of mine will help all other hunters out there when they hear a pack of wolves calling and try there calling if I did it then they can do it ,we as hunters have to do whatever we can to do our part on helping reduce the number of wolves that are out there if we can...

Foxton Gundogs
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
I've seen some pretty cool mouth calling and that ranks right at the top. Thanks for shareing

Peter Pepper
12-05-2011, 01:21 PM
...'zactly Wayne....there are alot of young hunters ( and others without this type of experience or edumacation) on here looking for exactly this. You demonstrate it well. It IS very easy to do. And boy, do those puppies need thinning! Keep posting Wayne!

Mr. 1947, As a young hunter thank-you for re-posting.
Also, have you considered that maybe a buddy hired the girl and sent her as a birthday present? Only she didn't understand what he meant buy giving you a "rough time time in camp" Simple mix-up!

hunter1947
12-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Mr. 1947, As a young hunter thank-you for re-posting.
Also, have you considered that maybe a buddy hired the girl and sent her as a birthday present? Only she didn't understand what he meant buy giving you a "rough time time in camp" Simple mix-up!

Peter no there is no truth in that this lady that came into my camp is the trappers wife I have met her in the past over the last few years and have talked to her with no issues ,I wish there was a lady hunter trapper that came into my camp to be my friend LOL ,It could be that her husband never knew that she came in and give me a rough time ????.

hunter1947
12-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Some of you HBC members will remember the pack of Wolfe's I call I this year in late Aug :-D.

I have been thinking of this for some time and the trapper lady came into my camp on my 64th birthday and give me a rough time about this call in and putting the videos on the Internet so a few weeks latter I deleted the videos off You Tube thinking it might be the right thing to do ???? :confused: :icon_frow.

Like I said I thought a lot about this and my thoughts are why should I take them off You Tube to please her ??? ,the videos should be up on this site so every hunter can see that it is possible and can be done a call in.

If I keep it silent them members won't see how its was done when you members see the footage you can try the same thing if you hear a pack howling.

The chances are good that you might be able to call the pack in like I did and then if regs say it is open for the wolfs then you can take a few out of service with your rifle ,bow ,shotgun the one wolf came in within 12 yards of me ,I will post up all the footage once it is loaded up latter today ,Wayne.:)..

The call in was of this pack of wolfs was just like calling in a bull elk they would call I would call right back to them when things went silent I would give a call and most times they would call again....

I thought I would upgrade these clips and bring this wolf call in back up for members that might not have seen these videos..

Stay tunned for this edited video that I redone.. Here it is ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_BOhOnuUU)

hunter1993ap
12-17-2012, 07:37 AM
i had the same thing happen to me this year, prety cool to have wolves at 10 yards. only difference was my experience was at night so i couldnt take a couple out.

Pioneerman
12-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Years ago , many years ago, we had a pack all around us howling at night a very eerie sound echoing in the trees. Love this video , thanks again

Fella
12-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow what a phenomenal video! That sound gives me chills!

I was watching the vid at my parents house, and their little dog was in a tizzy everytime those wolves started howling lol

IronNoggin
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
LOL! Had to turn it off until I could kick the Wolf Hybrids outside!
They came a-runnin' - all their hair up, and looking for Action!! :twisted:

Thanks for sharing!
Nog

gcreek
12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Great job H1947, my trigger finger sure twitched every time one came into view.

d6dan
12-17-2012, 09:16 PM
The edited version is great Wayne..Right close to the meat pole..:wink:

The Dude
12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Looks good Wayne! Some very good footage for sure. Shame they weren't in season, huh? :D

hunter1947
12-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Looks good Wayne! Some very good footage for sure. Shame they weren't in season, huh? :D

Ya your right about not in season regs might change in the near future might even put the new change on line in the up coming months ????.