PDA

View Full Version : How does this ram look to you?

Jim Prawn
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Curious as to what some of the seasoned sheep hunters out there think of this ram at first glance. Yes I know you cannot tell from this angle whether it is legal or not, but is it a "small" ram, "decent" ram or "good" ram? Would you pursue this one for a better look?
JP
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/20110823-200033.jpg (javascript:;)

yama49
12-02-2011, 10:26 PM
i would get a better look..

boxhitch
12-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Based on that one pic I would agree it is a ram:)
Depends on situation but probaly wouldn't pursue too far until a better judgement was made.

Prowler
12-02-2011, 10:32 PM
def worth getting a better look at. flared out, looks long. Not real heavy, but length and character go a long way in my book...

bridger
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM
always tough to tell much about a ram from that angle. rams always look bigger than they are from the rear. having said that i would stick with this guy until i got a good look at him from the side and front. could be legal, but not real big my thoughts.

blackbart
12-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Looks like he has the potential to be legal, but likely wouldn't be much more than that. Certainly doesn't give the impression of being a heavy old ram. Then again one grainy pic from that angle is tough to be certain on.

If looking for a nice legal animal this flaring ram might be worth watching.

BB

CanuckShooter
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I'd shoot it on the spot. It's obviously legal....;-)

jethrobuddy
12-02-2011, 11:46 PM
just leave it alone...........now, where exactly is it? Bahahahahaha

Jim Prawn
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Lets try another angle for the real die hards out there; based on mass, if you knew this ram was legal on his right side but not his left, would you shoot him?

darkside
12-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Lets try another angle for the real die hards out there; based on mass, if you knew this ram was legal on his right side but not his left, would you shoot him?
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Ram_Pic_3.jpgbased on this look would you shoot him prawn or pass . When the meat's there get the lead in the air.

ufishifish2
12-03-2011, 12:13 AM
These pictures are like looking at the "Real proof of Sasquatch" videos out there.
Always crappy footage that leaves you wondering just what the hell you are looking at!
I think that last picture may be an Ibex??? Dunno.
I will tell you one thing for sure........ You both may need to invest in a new camera!

Jim Prawn
12-03-2011, 12:17 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Ram_Pic_3.jpgbased on this look would you shoot him prawn or pass . When the meat's there get the lead in the air.

Cant tell if hes legal from the pic, but if he was hed be dead. Good width and mass on that one. But if I had one of youre million to one LEH draws I guess we could just shoot first and ask questions later....
JP

Jim Prawn
12-03-2011, 12:20 AM
These pictures are like looking at the "Real proof of Sasquatch" videos out there.
Always crappy footage that leaves you wondering just what the hell you are looking at!
I think that last picture may be an Ibex??? Dunno.
I will tell you one thing for sure........ You both may need to invest in a new camera!

That pic was at 365 yards thru fog and heavy rain, thought it was pretty good for that.... Also it was as big a camera as I wanted to add to my already 65 lb pack.
PS I hope thats not really you in your avitar...
JP

12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I would say worth a closer look, but not a huge ram.

12-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Like he's facing away, laying down, having a rest. A Stone Sheep, what are you asking for ...... if it's if he's legal or not ........... ?

Hardly the angle to tell from, not heavy, not broomed, not shootable as unknown from pic location. He's a maybe though.

CT

srupp
12-03-2011, 12:58 PM
hmmm based on the shine in the trough of the curl,,,looks deep..the mass doesnt seem to be there from this angle,,however it is thinhorn not bighorn lol..

the length looks like it does come close to bridge of nose...yup worthy of a better angle.....

Great sneak job..lol doesnt even know your in the same postal code..lol

Steven