PDA

View Full Version : Late season buck

dino
11-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Here's a pic of a buck that my bud Russ shot when we were up tete jaune way.We were chasing gutpiles while roadhunting.lol. actually we somehow pushed him out of the timber, I took a shot at him and missed but Russ got him at 200 yards in the neck on a full gallop,It was an awsome shot.
If you have any negative comments about this thread please keep them to yourself. Waaaaa....... just kidding I dish it and I can take it. Let em rip.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/hunting20111151.jpg

bearass
11-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice buck congrats !!

lorneparker1
11-30-2011, 11:15 PM
the neck is not a very unethical and low percentage shot. Texas heart shot next time.

Congrats!

Lorne

killer
11-30-2011, 11:17 PM
sweet looking buck

11-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Great looking buck, congrats !

CT

popsy
11-30-2011, 11:19 PM
great buck, no negatives re:shot

vortex hunter
12-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Nice Buck..... Looks like you Have a FEW steaks there....Vortex

jeff
12-01-2011, 12:16 AM
thats one hell of a buck if you ask me dino .nice job bud

hunter1947
12-01-2011, 02:51 AM
You got your self a very nice MD buck there are you getting a head mount on this deer ?? ,congrats to you..

5 spike
12-01-2011, 03:54 AM
there is a very nice mule deer congrats to both of you.

doubled
12-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Nice muley. Did you get him in that opening?

moose2
12-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Great looking buck congratulations guys.
Mike

Phil
12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Great buck! Congrats to your buddy.

mark
12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Decent buck.
Is that the one from Clearwater you alluded to earlier???
Sure looks like it from the background! :)

knighthunter
12-01-2011, 12:01 PM
That'a real nice buck and good shooting to boot.

MattB
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Nice buck! Looks pretty flat for Tete juane country, looks a lot like reg 5!

Weatherby Fan
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Nice buck! Looks pretty flat for Tete juane country, looks a lot like reg 5!

Very nice Buck and cool picture,
Thanks for sharing.
I'm thinking Gang Ranch myself,but could be wrong.

BCrams
12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Somewhere in Region 5 ... my off the handle guess would be the flats up on top of Junction area.

Too flat and too open for Tete Jaune.

jeff
12-01-2011, 12:56 PM
hey ,wat happened . about ten posts dissapeared... gaaaatehouse,,, whyyyyy

Freshtracks
12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Very nice buck Dino .... good to see you fellas found that area. How were the accom's?

Husky7mm
12-01-2011, 01:35 PM
:roll:What did I say wrong?

hunterdon
12-01-2011, 01:53 PM
hey ,wat happened . about ten posts dissapeared... gaaaatehouse,,, whyyyyy

I liked to know as well. What happened to the other posts?

Whonnock Boy
12-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Quality buck. My guess would be the airport hill up atop the calving barns in Empire.

Husky7mm
12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Quality buck. My guess would be the airport hill up atop the calving barns in Empire.

Ah suicidal buck!!!!! Wish i was there right now with about 2 ft of snow.

dino
12-01-2011, 05:40 PM
It should have been the Ranch, we had a jetboat trip planned but a fellow member sent me a pic of what the river was like so alternate plans had to be made.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/PB200080.jpg

dino
12-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Ive been told that some comments have been removed. I wish i could have read them, I actually enjoy the banter but I think the mods are trying to clean up the site by creating a friendlier format. If you want to pm me I will be more than happy to converse especially if your part of the hypocritical ethics police.lol.

ghost
12-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I shot that buck.It is my largest so far.It was a great trip and it wasnt the only nice buck we saw.In fact it was the only one that wasnt in heavy timber and bolting on us before you could get a shot off.

coach
12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Nice buck, Dino! Congrats to you and your hunting partner.

dino
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
inbox is empty now,

jeff
12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
inbox is empty now,

keep it on the thread ,i wanna see the comments

swampthing
Nice buck guys. Your pm box is full by the way.

lilhoss
I've taken a few of those awesome "shots in the neck" too.Nice to see them drop on the spot.Great buck,..any rough score?

troutseeker
12-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Nice shooting! Looks like it's neck is bigger than it's ass anyways...

REMINGTON JIM
12-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Very nice Buck - congrats to you !

Rubberknot
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Very nice!!

jesseapeacock
12-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Nothin better than a good ol neck shot!

bosca
12-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Very nice buck! Congrats!
As far as the shot goes...If your a competent shot in that situation than power to ya. I personally am no good at shooting at fast moving targets so I would pass.

Gateholio
12-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Comments were deleted becuase as we have said- We are done with turning members Hunting report threads into attacks on the member.

If you think there was something illegal done- contact the CO's. Heck there are lots of them on HBC already.

If you think something is unethical, then feel free to start another thread discussing unethical actions- but dont' reference the original thread.

If you think that people shouldn't shoot does/nannies/cows/calves then start a thread about it, don't hijack the other guys thread.

Etc etc

Buckmeister
12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Very nice, thats the kinda buck I've been holding out for, hopefully my turn will come soon.

hunterdon
12-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Ive been told that some comments have been removed. I wish i could have read them, I actually enjoy the banter but I think the mods are trying to clean up the site by creating a friendlier format. If you want to pm me I will be more than happy to converse especially if your part of the hypocritical ethics police.lol.

There was nothing dirty about my post and did not need "cleaning up". I have written to Mark the administrator expressing my concern.

In your original thread you expressed a willingness to hear any dissenting view saying, "Waaaaa....... just kidding I dish it and I can take it. Let em rip." I took you at your word and made my point, but did so non maliciously, I believe. Now my concern is not with you. There are site rules which frame the boundaries in which a member can post or create a thread on this forum. I find it disappointing when the moderators of this site take it upon themselves to remove posts which follow those rules, simply because they do not agree with these posts.

I've asked for not only my post, but also the other posts to be reposted. Like you, I did not see them either and would like to. As long as posts are written within the boundaries of this site they should be allowed to be viewed by ALL members. It is up to each member to make his or her own decision regarding that post. This is a forum which is supposed to allow people who share a common interest/love,(mainly hunting) to share stories, information, photos, successes AND viewpoints. To do otherwise is a really where the hypocrisy is.

shed-hunter1
12-01-2011, 08:00 PM
what negative would someone say about that buck its a nice 4 point alot better than those 50 lb 2 points other guys shoot

coach
12-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Hunterdon, it's Marc - not Mark. I happen to agree with the mods here. Threads like this should be about the hunt. Start a separate one if you want to discuss ethics, long range shooting, shots at running animals, etc. Don't take away from Dino's success (or his partner's). He asked for guys to make comments because he's had a good natured back and forth with a couple of the mule deer gurus.

hunterdon
12-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Hunterdon, it's Marc - not Mark. I happen to agree with the mods here. Threads like this should be about the hunt. Start a separate one if you want to discuss ethics, long range shooting, shots at running animals, etc. Don't take away from Dino's success (or his partner's). He asked for guys to make comments because he's had a good natured back and forth with a couple of the mule deer gurus.
That's unfortunate. But it's your site and you call the shots. The unfortunate part is that anybody, including C.O.s as was pointed out, AND the non hunting public can view any post. What do they think when all hunters seemingly are only interested in the kill with all replying nice congratulatory posts? It's no wonder hunters in the minds of many are negatively thought of. I guess it's more important not to offend any hunter's "success" no matter how it's accomplished.

coach
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Not my site, hunterdon. I'm just a member here who enjoys reading, writing and conversing about hunting and all things related. There's lots of great debates here - but they belong elsewhere than on somebody's successful hunt thread. If you like, I can help you out and start a "running shot thread.". We can debate and discuss over there.

kennyj
12-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Beauty!
kenny

BearStump
12-02-2011, 09:21 AM
There was nothing dirty about my post and did not need "cleaning up". I have
written to Mark the administrator expressing my concern.

In your original
thread you expressed a willingness to hear any dissenting view saying,
"Waaaaa....... just kidding I dish it and I can take it. Let em rip." I took you
at your word and made my point, but did so non maliciously, I believe. Now my
concern is not with you. There are site rules which frame the boundaries in
which a member can post or create a thread on this forum. I find it
disappointing when the moderators of this site take it upon themselves to remove
posts which follow those rules, simply because they do not agree with these
posts.

I've asked for not only my post, but also the other posts to be
reposted. Like you, I did not see them either and would like to. As long as
posts are written within the boundaries of this site they should be allowed to
be viewed by ALL members. It is up to each member to make his or her own
decision regarding that post. This is a forum which is supposed to allow people
who share a common interest/love,(mainly hunting) to share stories, information,
photos, successes AND viewpoints. To do otherwise is a really where the
hypocrisy is

with a couple of the mule deer gurus. That's unfortunate. But it's your site
and you call the shots. The unfortunate part is that anybody, including C.O.s as
was pointed out, AND the non hunting public can view any post. What do they
think when all hunters seemingly are only interested in the kill with all
replying nice congratulatory posts? It's no wonder hunters in the minds of many
are negatively thought of. I guess it's more important not to offend any
hunter's "success" no matter how it's accomplished.

WAAAAAA!! the mods deleted my post,boo hoo hoo.:(

matt420
12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
thats a nice lookin buck, congrats!!

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Nice Mule deer.

Jelvis
12-03-2011, 07:49 PM
dino how did you miss that buck? lol. Real even rack on the bruiser. Your buddy is a good shot for sure.
Jel .. Heck of a muley .. a real dapper dundster dandy lol.

NaStY
12-03-2011, 11:36 PM
There was nothing dirty about my post and did not need "cleaning up". I have written to Mark the administrator expressing my concern.

In your original thread you expressed a willingness to hear any dissenting view saying, "Waaaaa....... just kidding I dish it and I can take it. Let em rip." I took you at your word and made my point, but did so non maliciously, I believe. Now my concern is not with you. There are site rules which frame the boundaries in which a member can post or create a thread on this forum. I find it disappointing when the moderators of this site take it upon themselves to remove posts which follow those rules, simply because they do not agree with these posts.

I've asked for not only my post, but also the other posts to be reposted. Like you, I did not see them either and would like to. As long as posts are written within the boundaries of this site they should be allowed to be viewed by ALL members. It is up to each member to make his or her own decision regarding that post. This is a forum which is supposed to allow people who share a common interest/love,(mainly hunting) to share stories, information, photos, successes AND viewpoints. To do otherwise is a really where the hypocrisy is.

hunterdon for your information it wasnt a mod that deleted your post's. It was done by one of the admins. (although im pretty sure i would have as well).

Please take some time and read some of the rules put forth by our founding owner of this site http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?17373-Rules-n-Regs-Please-read-before-Posting

If you dont like what is being posted then either send the OP a PM or report the post. The OP did nothing illegal.

Oh and BTW nice buck! Congrats to the hunter..........

Islandeer
12-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Ha, ha,ha, this ol thread is a great source of humour!!!!

Seems fairly straightforward to me, see a nice solid muley some damn where and put it on the ground.

All the bs about ethics etc is like fishing for fossils, yah have to actually be there in the moment to ever really catch anything.

So anyways,

Pretty good buck there ...

Fisher-Dude
12-04-2011, 09:50 AM
I just wanna know if those were union made bullets. And, were they bought at a union shop?

Nice buck Ghost! :D

blueboy
12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Dandy buck Dino nice to see you and Russel are still hunting prime time big deer

hawkeye
12-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Nice deer, I'll bet your partners glad you missed.