PDA

View Full Version : Elk hunt - riverboat // flyin

Andrews
11-30-2011, 07:13 PM
I am trying to plan a hunt for next august. Used to be a couple good areas up north to fly into, but apparently access has been limited.

has anyone used riverjet or a flyin fron dease or east side for Elk?

would be cool to combo it with goats, etc.

I could call riverjet I suppose, nothing is apparent on their website for these kinds of combos.

Deaddog
11-30-2011, 07:26 PM
I use riverjet all the time, not a problem for a combo hunt if you put the time in, tons of elk but you need to be prepared to get off the river, good goats as well but it is hard to do a combo 10 day hunt, take 18-21 days, do it right, call up kevin and you won't be dissapointed..

2x4x16
11-30-2011, 08:28 PM
X2 with Riverjet, Kevin is an outstanding guy. We did your first trip with him this year. We tried to do a combo hunt in a 9 day trip, don't bother as Deaddog has stated you need more time. Give Kevin a call he is taking bookings now for next season. I would go up every year for 3 weeks or more - but then I wouldn't have a house or family to come back to.

Andrews
11-30-2011, 08:30 PM
same as you buddy - we are restricted to 10 days in max.
what species did you try for and how would you change that given 10 days? What about being in a dual species area and splitting our 4 man group from base camp? unpractical?