PDA

View Full Version : fraser valley special license:

hoochie
11-30-2011, 06:17 PM
is this for any discharge of firearms or for birds only? I thought it was like an insurance thing, where it for any firearms... just trying to clarify something here.
thanks.
oh ya...
Its because we are seeing a very high deer population in certain areas and guys think they can "buckshot" deer because its within the "shotgun only zone" and its not birds.
And no, they dont have their "special license".

Ddog
11-30-2011, 06:27 PM
need a special areas licence to hunt in the area as far as i know, i could be wrong but i always bought one for a safety thing, just in case thing.

fuzzy
11-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Discharge of firearms. Get the map or look it up online. You need liabillity insurance in order to purchase the permit. If you are a member of a gunclub it is often included in the membership.

fuzzy

afors
11-30-2011, 07:30 PM
It is all in here, map included.
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/FVSAH2010.pdf

You need this special licence to HUNT.

"A Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting Licence (FVSAH) is required to hunt any- where within provincial Management Unit (MU) 2-4 and those parts of MU 2-8 within Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Mission and Coquitlam. A Provincial Hunting Licence is also required, as well as a federal Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit if migratory birds are hunted."

"NOTICE:
Langley Discharge of Firearms Bylaw No.3001 was amended Nov. 94 (Amendment Bylaw No. 3380) to prohibit the use of longbows and crossbows. Definitions used in the bylaw are the same as those used in the Wildlife Act."

kako99
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I got my bow and fraser valley and live in langley.
Hint hint :)

Rusty Shackles
11-30-2011, 08:19 PM
A little of topic. But I saw a wild pig (ferrel boar type thing with tusks) this week in abbotsford (Bradner) area and was wondering if I can hunt it with my bow? I don't have a special area this year.

hoochie
11-30-2011, 09:44 PM
ya thats what I thought. Had my "special license" a few years ago, found it to be a waste of time. Some guys were arguing that they only needed that for birds. I said they needed it no matter what. COuldnt find my pamphlete with the maps, probably lost it when I moved. Anyway.. thanks guys.

walks with deer
11-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Cost 7 dollars need it period if your in the area you have to be east of mission before you can avoid it all shotgun only areas require go on hunting regs bc websiter and view map it is the law.

However I am sure hunter pro111 wiould not need one

Fella
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyone know if farmers need one if they're hunting on their own land?

itsy bitsy xj
12-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Anyone know if farmers need one if they're hunting on their own land?

I'm pretty sure if you're hunting then you need one. The whole thing is about insurance.You need to have home ins that cover you or gun club membership with ins or a membership with BCWF and that will give you ins.