PDA

View Full Version : Hunting-Saskatchewan

Cyrus
11-30-2011, 05:33 PM
I have an uncle who has approx. 3 sections (guessing of grain or wheat) in a small hamlet approx. 65 km north of Prince Albert. I have not been there in over 20 years but I will assume that it would be a decent place to hunt given the food and a good surrounding of bush lines etc. I would think there would be whitetail there but would I find elk too? I have not looked up the regs in Sask yet so not sure what the rules are yet...thinking it might be a good place for a road trip in the future. Anyone have any input on this area for hunting??

swamper
11-30-2011, 05:45 PM
I believe that you now have to apply for a draw for whitetails now as an out of province hunter. I was in Sask. 3 years ago and could buy a license and tag over the counter, but they have changed the rules. Best to check into it well ahead of time.

cainer
11-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Elk is draw only for permanent sask residents-Chances are good for them to get drawn. You have to apply for the whitetail tag next year around may for the hunt in November. It's about 150 bucks + habitat tag which is around 15 bucks. And you have to pick which zone to hunt in ahead of time. I guess with your uncle having land in PA, your choice is clear. I'm in PA right now and saw a fair amount of bucks. Filled my tag 4 years in a row so it shouldn't be a problem north of here either.

Drillbit
12-01-2011, 09:28 PM
PA and north is a great area, so is the Antler Sask area.