PDA

View Full Version : bloodshed in the kootneys

stixnstones
09-27-2006, 11:35 PM
:twisted: Team gongshow was locked, loaded and headed east by friday night (15th). We had nine hours of driving to do. It was fairly cramped in the back seat. A buddy and i had both had cow/calf draws and brought another guy to share in the gas bill Haha. That morn we just dropped off our gear and headed out to do a little scouting. Nothing seen back to camp to set up and have a drink. While making dinner we herd a herd bull bugle a couple hundred yards away. We whipped our hootchie mamas out and had him thinking of the ladies but he never showed his tips. 9am (17th) We had a late night so we missed our morning hunt. Later that day we crossed paths with a black cow and calf. Stalked to ten feet not the smartest animals. Couple of whitetail does. That night on our way in to our spot we jumped a beautiful 4x4 whitetail buck. I blazed at it twice and missed. When i shot 2 cows and a calf stood up right in front of us. My buddy rocked the calf and it dropped right where it slept. Mean while i was in hot pursuit of this buck. I ran after him and intercepted him for one last pull at him but to no prevail. I met up with my boys and helped drag the calf into the truck. Love the tender meat. One down one to go. Tried to swim the river at 2am. Got to love liquid courage. Crawled out on all fours and headed out at 7am(18) to c 10 mulies twenty yards from camp. no bucks. Got the bull arosed but never showed. Saw some turkeys in a field. Then we came across 2 cows in our spot. There is only 1 left now. Back to camp to pick up our third wheel to help. On our way back i spotted a cinnamon bear only 200 yrds from our cow. I got out and decided he would make a nice rug. 1 hour later back in camp to take pics of our three dead animals, but all my buddies could only talk about how i missed the whitetail buck. Not bad for a weekender.

Jelvis
09-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Mich, >> Good one sounds like a lotta fun with the campin out congratulations on your success and appreciate a good report. Jel 9286