PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Bison info.............

moosinaround
11-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Well wish I could post up some pics of a Sikanni Bison down, but it wasn't to be this year!

I just wanted to give a big thanks to all the HBCer's that shared info with me, it was a memorable and COLD vacation!

Tomahawk, Caveman, griz325, Bowhunterbruce, Whiskeyjack, you guys went well above the call of duty helping me out! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. My place is open for you guys when travelling through PG.

Thanks to Brett, a good friend and hunting buddy. I sure am glad you come along on this trip, it was quite the adventure. We'll get them next time!!

HBC has been pretty good to me, met a lot of wonderful sportsmen on this site, and have developed some life long friendships!

Thanks again, Mike, aka Moosinaround

11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Sorry to hear you did not connect, what's up, any chances? Stories, crowds? where did you stay?

Thanks CT

ufishifish2
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Too bad Mike.
Tell us more. Did you see anything. Hindered by breakdowns??? What happened?

bowhunterbruce
11-30-2011, 06:26 AM
awwwww chit mike sorry to hear ya didn't score with your bison.i will get ahold of ya next time i'm going through town for a cpl drinks.in the mean time we all wouild love to hear how everything went.

fearnodeer
11-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Sorry to here, hope you get another chance next year.

BiG Boar
11-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Did the 50BMG not have enough penetration?

7mag700
11-30-2011, 08:42 AM
That's one tough hunt in the cold eh? Heh. Sorry to hear you didn't get one, it's amazing how ghost-like such a big animal can be, and the insane terrain they can travel.

Sorry Mike, maybe you'll get lucky on the draw again,

7m7

tomahawk
11-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Mike, glad that you were able to get up into the area and give it a go. Most hunters dont understand the logistics or conditions of a hunt for wild bison like you and Brett just took on, at this time of year and in area B. Congrats for doing your homework and getting armed with as much info as you could before embarking on your adventure. Each time out you'll become more familiar with the land and the animal. I would love to hear the story of your hunt and see some pictures if your so inclined!!

REMINGTON JIM
11-30-2011, 10:04 PM
SORRY to hear you did not score a bison - but thats huntin ! Good that you had nice trip though and maybe next year !
Regards JIm

hunter1947
12-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Not all hunts have a happy ending the one thing I do know is its not always about killing an animal ,its having good friends around you on a hunt that is number one in my books ,there will be a next time :wink:...

BiG Boar
12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
What is the story? What didn't work? What can you teach others not to do for their hunts this winter? Second mouse gets the cheese. Just sayin'.

Glad you at least gave it a go. Many tags don't even show up. Which is pretty sad in itself.

srupp
12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
great adventure ! could you PLEASE post a story...this is one of the coolest(coldest..lol) hunts out there..everything wrote encourages and helps other hunters..

Steven

todbartell
12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
post up some pics, would be interested in seeing them!

7mag700
12-09-2011, 10:19 AM
great adventure ! could you PLEASE post a story...this is one of the coolest(coldest..lol) hunts out there..everything wrote encourages and helps other hunters..

Steven

x2 that!

7m7