PDA

View Full Version : Ending the season with a bang- doubleheader.

TPB
11-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Well ill try this again as last time my computer decided it should close the internet after i typed a novel....

Well the day started out at 6 am in a gas station trying to buy a whitetail tag, the lady was confused as why i wanted a tag with only 1 day to go. Well after getting that out of the way we were off and set on a mission to find 2 whitetail bucks in 4 hours.

The day started off going for a drive (Damn roadhunters) as i had to be back at school by 12:10. After seeing 100+ elk and 10 bull elk we finally seen a couple of does that was with a buck, the only problem was that they were 300+ yards away and on a dead run. Finally we pulled into one road and i noticed 50 yards away a little white flag flicker, me and the guy i was hunting with had a conversation and it went like this.... " Hey Scott stop i seen a tail flicker in behind those trees, im not sure if that's a head but if it is i think i can see antlers." his bino's went up and he replyed hastily " Yeah its a head and hurry the f*ck up and shoot it!" Well after a few words of inspiration i took a poke- bang flop the buck goes down. Unfortunately i didnt take the distance into consideration and hit the deer high, taking out his tenderloins and spine.
The funny part about it is while i jumped out of the truck to take a shot at the deer another vehicle just pulled around the corner driving right towards us. Thankfully he clued in i was about to shoot so he stopped and waited for me to take the shot, common courtesy is always a good thing in the bush. It was definitely a lucky day for me because the buck was held up with a doe and busy thinking about his intentions rather than mine, not to mention if i stopped to take a leak earlier the guy behind us would of had himself a buck and i would of been giving the congratulations.

Excuse the filthy attempt at a handlebar mustache and the school clothes :D

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g406/tpb123/Deer-2.jpg

Later in the day we decided we should drive a back road into town to see if we can find a buck for Scott's (My bestfriends dad) son another buck. Well the horseshoes kept flowing from our ass, we busted a small 3x2 with a doe roughly 2km from the highway. With a quick grunt he stopped and looked back at us and proceded to walk towards the doe. One quick shot later from Scott's son we had our work cut out for us. After a skinning party at the butchers i finally made it to school at 2:00 for the final class :D
Unfortunately i have no pictures of this buck but it was definetely a meat buck and a small 3x2 is a good way to put it :D but nonetheless meat in the freezer.

Talk about a perfect day, perfect way to end the season, and couldn't of happened any better.

Andrews
11-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Congrats guy! Nice deer. Always exciting

wrenchhead
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Nice season ender buck. And Any stash is a good stash.

ianwuzhere
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
woop woop! gotta love it when it all comes together..
Congrats!

d6dan
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Well done TPB.:-D. I hope you showed that buck to the lady at the gas station :wink:.

ROEBUCK
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
nice going !
congrats !

REMINGTON JIM
11-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Very nice- good for season ending ! Congrats !

Weatherby Fan
11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Awesome work boys,sounds like a great way to end a season.
Thanks for sharing
WF

doubled
11-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Cool way to end your deer season.

11-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Nice buck. Remember, it takes a great man to grow a beard, but a hero to grow a mustache. Bravo.

kennyj
11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Congratulations on a couple of great last minute bucks.
kenny

troutseeker
11-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice deer, and Viva Movember! I got's me a caterpillar growing under my nose too...

jeff
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
nice deer .congrats on the good eats

hunter1947
11-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Good on you and your friend getting the two bucks you don't get it much better then this ,congrats Taylon and your buddy..

rocksteady
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Congrats, about time you dropped the hammer....

Looks like you and Justin Bieber can grow the same amount of stash...But he's famous and rich!!!

Ready for ice fishing on St. Marys yet?? Or should I say ANOTHER schooling on how to fish on the St. Marys Lake again???

adamgarbett
11-30-2011, 03:29 PM
It's the moustache that brought you the luck lol. Congrats!

11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Wish i coulda shot deer before school!!
Nice work!

TPB
11-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Congrats, about time you dropped the hammer....

Looks like you and Justin Bieber can grow the same amount of stash...But he's famous and rich!!!

Ready for ice fishing on St. Marys yet?? Or should I say ANOTHER schooling on how to fish on the St. Marys Lake again???

Oh you should see it now that i put some Just For Men on it, wheeeeeuuuwee! Bieber will never compare to myself, especially in the facial hair department! :D

Once that lake freezes up you better figure out a way to net the fish because with all of the lunkers ill be putting on the ice, you might need some help ;) Im going out towards wasa this weekend for a camping/ice fishing trip (if the ice supports me) to hone my skills, be warned :D

moose2
12-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Good job on the double thats a nice buck in your picture.
Mike