PDA

View Full Version : Nahatlatch Logging Camp

browningboy
09-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Has anyone been upto the logging camp at km54? I was wondering if it shut down, there was a rumor that cattermole was pulling out so if they do the gate would be removed, beautiful area for mulies and bears and the road used to go to km118 so you're almost at the back side of Whistler. This area takes you away from those mushroom pickers that seem to like to trample through everywhere and scare your game away.8)

Byson
09-28-2006, 07:04 AM
i stayed at logging camp backside of whistler down the forest douglas road if this is the same camp we call it spring creek and the camp belongs to linham logging from mission firemountain is just a 1km turn up there and the hunting and fishing in fire lake is unreal

Phoneguy
10-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Where are the good areas to go up there? My hunting buddy gets use of one of the cabins along the lake and we have made the trip up there 3 or 4 times over the past few years.We only have grouse to show for our efforts. Haven't even seen any large game that was legal. Think we might try again in a few weeks, but I am wondering if we should try elsewhere.

Thanks
James

browningboy
10-11-2006, 09:29 PM
There are many places to go for deer and blackies, the first "good" spot is at the beginning of Francis Lake, on your left will be a single campground and the right will be a road that turns a sharp right and heads uphill, that road is called derr hallow, we've taken alot of nice bucks out of there, when you head up go to the first cul-de-sac (at the point) and look 200 yards up , they all bed there (first in morning or late afternoon), don't be fooled that theres nothing there, there are numerous beds up there if you feel like hiking. A second location is the log creek road but go up 10km and stay to the right but isn't as good as the first. The place we always took the mature bucks with big racks is past the logging camp at km 56, this area is locked at km 48 at the bridge but you can get keys from cattermole timber or it may be open now, but if you can get in there, the country is rugged but the cutblocks are 2-3 years old and are perfect feeding grounds for deer and not to mention black bears, last time we went up there we saw 16!! and thats not bullsh*t. Just keep your eyes open on the down slopes, they tend to hang out there, this country is more for road hunting as there's so much road up there, it goes to km 128 last time I was there. A good black bear road is at km 14 "keefers", this road is a little tricky but if you find the powerlines, follow the hydro right of way and they'll take you to lytton and keep your eyes open for bruins. One trip you can take is the harrison east road and follow it, it will take you all the way to the kookipee bridge at the nahatlatch, its a good way to go in and enjoy some country. Anyways, I can't remember all the spots but if I think of any more I'll let you know.:twisted:

WoodOx
10-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Any pics browning? Just curious what 'big' is!

Sounds like you gave good advice tho!

browningboy
10-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Big would be a 4 x 5 around boston bar area, I'll have to gig some pics out of my album and figure out how to scan them. The feed doesn't allow for monster growth of racks but they are respectable, don't know how to judge by boone and crockett though.

itsy bitsy xj
05-28-2014, 12:03 AM
I wish I read this thread before I went there today

Livewire322
05-28-2014, 09:44 AM
I wasn't aware that the road actually came through to east Harrison. That's cool, perhaps I'll be up there this fall to check it out.