PDA

View Full Version : LEH 3-27 Moose

Robfriend
11-29-2011, 05:49 PM
So the month is coming to an end has anybody have any luck for the LEH 3-27 any bull?

SR80
11-29-2011, 07:03 PM
i saw a couple of bruisers up there this year, I wonder if they survived?

Robfriend
11-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Well I headed out early this morning, got to a spot that I wanted to check out before heading into another. I ran into a couple dozen deer ( doe doe doe 2 point 3 point 3 point, thats how this season is going). My other spot I walked into I saw 4 big bulls last year (this is why I tried for the LEH this year) with lots of snow it was a tuff and long walk in. As it had snowed last night I came long fresh moose tracks, i followed them keeping I eye out in all directions. I neared the tree line and heard antlers thrasting in the woods followed by a grunt, this stopped me dead in my tracks then it all happend again so I grunted back he grunted and then silence. As I waited thinking he was coming out of the woods lots of thoughts went in and out of my head but one stayed. oops I think I screwed up he's gone. I continued on with the tracks and came across what really happened, he beat the hell out of a tree ( I went to take a pic but realised that i forgot the camara), I continued on followed a fence line and stopped to take a break and look around and the main point is I needed to pee. Once I was done I took a quick drink ( ok you ready ) as my head is back taking a drink from my water bottle, looking down the trail I see what looks like a moose on the right side against the tree line but the snow in my eyes i put done the bottle and put the binos up but thanks to the sun and half foggy lenses I wasn't sure. I put up rifle up and yes it was a moose but is it a bull. As all this is happening I real thought was happening hurry up and shot cause........ yes he did run big bull run because I was taking to long he ran away jumped a fence and up a hill but was always facing away from me so I had no shot. GRRRRRRR as I went after him I just couldn't close the gap. So the month is over so is my LEH and the freezer is empty but another year and more knowledge in the brain.