PDA

View Full Version : clearwater mulies

jeff
11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
im thinking of trying some new areas next year, i plan on doing a shit load of scouting ..lots of trail cams .hiking and overnighting .. ive never hunted this area before but my cousin has had huge success there in past years .. ive googled the shit outa the area and it looks beautiful..cant wait till i get there next spring ..

doubled
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Ask Dana, he will gladly help you out.

BlacktailStalker
11-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Lol here we go...

jeff
11-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Ask Dana, he will gladly help you out.

uhhhm ,i seriously doubt that

MB_Boy
11-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Lol here we go...

Just what I was thinking. Someone's stitches are making him a little "punchy". :-P:-P:-P:mrgreen:

frenchbar
11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
http://4funz.com/Funny-Pictures/random/img-look-son-this-thread-is-gay-44

Salty
11-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Clearwater is the meca of mule deer hunting

dino
11-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Jeff I dont know if the Clown of Clearwater will bite but if your serious about it Pm me. My buddy and I just got back from further north and shot a nice one, I will post pics as soon as I get my buddy to send them to me. Clearwater is not where I would sujest to go. You need to think more north and late season.

jeff
11-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Jeff I dont know if the Clown of Clearwater will bite but if your serious about it Pm me. My buddy and I just got back from further north and shot a nice one, I will post pics as soon as I get my buddy to send them to me. Clearwater is not where I would sujest to go. You need to think more north and late season.

thanks dino ,ill take that advice

SimilkameenSlayer
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
don't bite on this one jeff .... it's one of those subjects ......

don't want to say any more ........ ;)

Brambles
11-29-2011, 06:12 PM
All my bucks were shot in Clearwater, usually have the place to myself as well, Zero hunting pressure.

Andrews
11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
the type of hunting will tend to restrict your location - if you are willing to go anywhere you will indeed also need to be willing to adapt your hunting style. while clearwater is relatively nondescript (ie there is a lot of area that could be considered clearwater) much of that area is think...dont expect to only drive cuts

incase you arent intentionally missing other's points as I think you are, Dana lives in clearwater and there has been substantial drama around his quality deer and people trying to Internet sleuth his locations.

I would suggest north north-east of clearwater myself. I think im thinkin what Dino is thinkin.

doubled
11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
All my bucks were shot in Clearwater, usually have the place to myself as well, Zero hunting pressure.

Where do you think I got my whitey from??? ;-)

Brambles
11-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Where do you think I got my whitey from??? ;-)

You really don't want me to answer that question on the internet, now do you???

mark
11-29-2011, 06:34 PM

Ya beat me to it, easiest place to find 200" or better bucks Jeff. Should be a slam dunk!

Andrews
11-29-2011, 06:35 PM
You really don't want me to answer that question on the internet, now do you???

that bucks dead! I bet if we all hunted that spot for the next several years we wouldnt find a replica. book whitetails arent that easy to come by

Weatherby Fan
11-29-2011, 06:43 PM
don't bite on this one jeff .... it's one of those subjects ......

don't want to say any more ........ ;)

SimilkameenSlayer
Can you spring for some more popcorn,this thread shaping up to be a good one and Bigboars not dropping the hammer on his Sheep or Elk for at least another 24 hrs :mrgreen:

Brambles
11-29-2011, 06:47 PM
that bucks dead! I bet if we all hunted that spot for the next several years we wouldnt find a replica. Book whitetails arent that easy to come by

sure!!!;-)

Brambles
11-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Well since I'm not wasting my time reading BigBoars thread I have more time to cruise other posts...how neat.

REMINGTON JIM
11-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Well since I'm not wasting my time reading BigBoars thread I have more time to cruise other posts...how neat.

What u mean ? :confused: :-?

Looking_4_Jerky
11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
There ia a LOT of country up there and it's going to be a chore for you to do the scouting that you might want to if you don't live there. Like everywhere else, there are certainly holes that are going to be very productive. If you are lucky enough to run into them or have someone steer you to them, some quality animals can be had. I am loosely acquainted with some dudes who've hunted there a fair bit and taken some amazing bucks in that country, but unfortunately I don't have the specifics for you (or myself!). A lot of it is much more rugged than the west Okanagan or Thompson/Nicola plateaus, and snow in the later season can restrict access. The flip side of that is that deer tend to hit winter range much more reliably than around, say Kamloops, where often the deer don't pack into winter range until after the season.

Good luck.

jeff
11-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Ya beat me to it, easiest place to find 200" or better bucks Jeff. Should be a slam dunk!

excellent ,thats what i was hopeing to hear .. hahaha ... i wanna see the pic dino is going to post of the one he and his bud got a week ago or so just north of clearwater .

jeff
11-29-2011, 07:48 PM
SimilkameenSlayer
Can you spring for some more popcorn,this thread shaping up to be a good one and Bigboars not dropping the hammer on his Sheep or Elk for at least another 24 hrs :mrgreen:

am i going to get that much good info that we will be needing popcorn ...whooo hoooo.... cant wait

Laurence_Erickson
11-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Not nearly as easy as book mulie's in the clearwater region :)

that bucks dead! I bet if we all hunted that spot for the next several years we wouldnt find a replica. book whitetails arent that easy to come by

Westslope
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
I would be interested in what specifically draws you to want to hunt the Clearwater area. The record book doesn't really indicate it has a lot of big deer, although I am sure there a few dandies their. My guess is that you will be very lucky to find them unless you live there and spend most of you days either looking for them or working in the outdoors.
Another thing, why would go on HBC and announce you are going to hunt an area? It's so ridiculous, if you are that interested in an area why wouldn't you go about it quiet like?

frenchbar
11-29-2011, 08:32 PM
I would be interested in what specifically draws you to want to hunt the Clearwater area. The record book doesn't really indicate it has a lot of big deer, although I am sure there a few dandies their. My guess is that you will be very lucky to find them unless you live there and spend most of you days either looking for them or working in the outdoors.
Another thing, why would go on HBC and announce you are going to hunt an area? It's so ridiculous, if you are that interested in an area why wouldn't you go about it quiet like?

it was a lame call out thread nothing more ..

jeff
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM

cuz im not the quiet type

jeff
11-29-2011, 08:34 PM

lame ,,what u talkin bout

Brambles
11-29-2011, 08:37 PM
What u mean ? :confused: :-?

What part of my post confuses you?

doubled
11-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Dana, where fore art thou oh Dana???

LOL

Play nicely boys!

frenchbar
11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
lame ,,what u talkin bout

not quite as pathetic tho as sending a mod a boo hoo message lol

jeff
11-29-2011, 08:45 PM
not quite as pathetic tho as sending a mod a boo hoo message lol

hahaha . u got me ..i feel so silly .

frenchbar
11-29-2011, 08:50 PM
well enough of the chest poking jeff ..just let it go and dont worry about what dana thinks.opinions are like assholes ..everybodys got 1 .

Weatherby Fan
11-29-2011, 08:50 PM

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/atthemovies.gif ok I've got a fresh bowl popcorn,this is great some info on Boone&Crocket Mule Deer huntin spots in Clearwater and and the Canucks are playin and are up 2-0

sorry Bigboar your still on the backburner !

frenchbar
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Weatherby Fan;10296

sorry Bigboar your still on the backburner ![/QUOTE]

drug out stories end up like yesterdays news ..nobody cares after awhile imo .

Fisher-Dude
11-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Gutpile Hunters, Unite!

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/p1020148_happiness_is_a_large_gutpile_tshirt-p235379995744781632zxhgb_400.jpg

M.Dean
11-29-2011, 09:11 PM
What a coincident! Everyone talking about Clearwater Big Bucks, and all us hunters from up here in 3-27 just getting back from there! As everyone knows, there ain't a Buck within 25 miles of where I live! So for all our winters meat, we load up the Big Yellow Bus, it's got flowers painted on the sides, a couple Peace Signs etc, and we all load up the rifles and go to Clearwater to wack a few Big Bucks! Well, this year was great, I think we took about 27 or 28, 200 Class Mulie Bucks, seen 17 Immature Bull Moose hang'in on the meat pole, and about 350 to 400 Grouse, that was all in the first 3 day's! And, the folks in Clearwater B.C.are second to None! Hell, you can just pull into anyone's yard, gut and skin your Deer and Moose on there lawn's, use there garden hose to wash the meat, bath the Kid's, let the Women wash there privates parts right there on the front lawn, and not one of the residents came out to shoot at us! Dam fine place that Clearwater B.C. is! Don't waste the precious time you have left to hunt Big Bucks by head'in up this way my friends, go North to Clearwater for your record book Mulie Boone & Crockett Bucks!!! Still Ten days left to hunt, don't waste it!!!

Laurence_Erickson
11-29-2011, 09:13 PM
dammit I seem to have missed something here .I was truly looking for some hooooooooooot spots .Frenchbar you ruined it for me calling jeff on this .I just new there was going to be so monsterous mulies to be had for me up that way . :)

jeff
11-29-2011, 09:16 PM
What a coincident! Everyone talking about Clearwater Big Bucks, and all us hunters from up here in 3-27 just getting back from there! As everyone knows, there ain't a Buck within 25 miles of where I live! So for all our winters meat, we load up the Big Yellow Bus, it's got flowers painted on the sides, a couple Peace Signs etc, and we all load up the rifles and go to Clearwater to wack a few Big Bucks! Well, this year was great, I think we took about 27 or 28, 200 Class Mulie Bucks, seen 17 Immature Bull Moose hang'in on the meat pole, and about 350 to 400 Grouse, that was all in the first 3 day's! And, the folks in Clearwater B.C.are second to None! Hell, you can just pull into anyone's yard, gut and skin your Deer and Moose on there lawn's, use there garden hose to wash the meat, bath the Kid's, let the Women wash there privates parts right there on the front lawn, and not one of the residents came out to shoot at us! Dam fine place that Clearwater B.C. is! Don't waste the precious time you have left to hunt Big Bucks by head'in up this way my friends, go North to Clearwater for your record book Mulie Boone & Crockett Bucks!!! Still Ten days left to hunt, don't waste it!!!

thanks,now thats priceless ..if i wasnt crippled right now id be up there looking for all those 200 class mulies i hear about.. next year though .. i plan on hitten it hard next season .. ooooohh yaaaaa

SUAFOYT
11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
One that got away- pretty rare this year.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302263_10150952072125504_803400503_21605817 (http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302263_10150952072125504_803400503_21605817_184739 6851_n.jpg)

11-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Even the BIO's are saying there is a HUGE wolf problem in them thar parts ........ go out and hammer some wolves, it will up your odds on getting a buck in the future.

We were there for deer and Moose on 2 LEH draws, saw 2 moose in a week, no shots, total deer seen 5, no shots ........ 4 guys that know what they were doing ... but new to the area.

I won't be going back ......... But CLEARWATER is the place to go !

CT

dino
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Fisher-Dude;1029685]Gutpile Hunters, Unite!

LOL. not bad FD not bad at all, you never seem to disappoint me. I just wonder how much effort you must put in to find pics like this, if you could only redirect that energy towards your job you might one day be able to make close to what this over paid union slug makes, but I doubt it. I have to go and pull the crab traps now so tootaloo.

knighthunter
11-29-2011, 11:09 PM
I hunted up in Clearwater on the long weekend in november. My self and 3 newby's to deer hunting hunted hard for 2 full days. We saw a total of 3 deer. 2 does and one buck, all seperate. Was an abundantce of wolf & coyote tracks in all the area's we hunted. The buck was a good one but I just couldn't get a decent shot at him in the pines. Also saw a few other hunter's out and about.

cameron0518
11-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Hunted clearwater plenty but it has been 3 years or so. Hunted late season faithfully. My partners got a couple 190 bucks and one non typical beauty scoring 205. Clearwater is the place to go but you have to work hard. And yes, that means you won't be encrouching on my good spots. Good luck and don't be afraid to hunt there early season too!!

beni
11-29-2011, 11:32 PM
One that got away- pretty rare this year.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302263_10150952072125504_803400503_21605817 (http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302263_10150952072125504_803400503_21605817_184739 6851_n.jpg)

Well... you DID have time to take a picture... :D

dino
11-29-2011, 11:36 PM

Tough to count points there.

fireguy
11-30-2011, 12:02 AM
I think you guys missed the part where Jeff said he has googled the area, it looks good, and he is looking forward to getting up there next spring.

As far as I see it, he is looking at trying a new area and wants to put some of his own time in and look it over for himself, do the ground work and put his boots on the ground. I never got the impression he was looking for "the spot" from anyone, just putting it out there as a comment. I have disagreed with stuff he has said in the past but in this case, I think he is going about this the right way and if it means will expand his hunting experiance, I say go for it. I would love to be able to get out into different areas of BC more often like I used to in the days I seemed to have weeks to hunt each year but now I just can't get away as much, but the time I did spend in the past deffinatly helps me out when I can get away.

Westslope
11-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Haha! That gutpile shirt is hilarious

houndogger
11-30-2011, 01:03 AM
Bring a canoe...

hunter1947
11-30-2011, 02:18 AM
One thing I have to say is that you have the right idea on doing what you are going to do lets face it you will never know about this area if you don't go there and see for yourself ,thats how a person will know whats in the area ,good luck.

358mag
11-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Gutpile Hunters, Unite!

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/p1020148_happiness_is_a_large_gutpile_tshirt-p235379995744781632zxhgb_400.jpg
The only thing missing on that shirt is a HBC logo

BlacktailStalker
11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Bring a canoe...

Who in their right mind would bring the wife hunting :lol:

ROEBUCK
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Who in their right mind would bring the wife hunting :lol:

thats a good one :twisted::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

SUAFOYT
11-30-2011, 11:09 AM

The camera guy figured a pic was better than trying to do some logging.

goatdancer
11-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Where is Jelvis when you need him most?

jeff
11-30-2011, 11:40 AM
One thing I have to say is that you have the right idea on doing what you are going to do lets face it you will never know about this area if you don't go there and see for yourself ,thats how a person will know whats in the area ,good luck.

thanks hunter1947. boots on the ground come spring time..

SimilkameenSlayer
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Where is Jelvis when you need him most?

visiting rocko?

jeff
11-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I think you guys missed the part where Jeff said he has googled the area, it looks good, and he is looking forward to getting up there next spring.

As far as I see it, he is looking at trying a new area and wants to put some of his own time in and look it over for himself, do the ground work and put his boots on the ground. I never got the impression he was looking for "the spot" from anyone, just putting it out there as a comment. I have disagreed with stuff he has said in the past but in this case, I think he is going about this the right way and if it means will expand his hunting experiance, I say go for it. I would love to be able to get out into different areas of BC more often like I used to in the days I seemed to have weeks to hunt each year but now I just can't get away as much, but the time I did spend in the past deffinatly helps me out when I can get away.

thanks fireguy...its always good to try new areas .. i got 2 cams that i plan on placeing out in the spring.. my cousin has already narrowed down the area ill be going..hes got many beauts outa there over the years