PDA

View Full Version : Hunters Missing Near Mission

Sasquatch
11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
The Sun is reporting a couple of Surrey boys have gotten lost near Mission - hope they are found soon.

METRO VANCOUVER - Search crews are scouring logging roads and woods north of Mission for a pair of missing hunters.
RCMP and local Search and Rescue members, with the help of a search plane, are focused on an area near the 2 km mark of Sylvester Road, said police spokeswoman Cpl. Sharon Sulich, early Tuesday morning.
The pair of 26-year-olds went out in the early hours of Monday morning.
Authorities were notified about the missing hunters late last night. Two people who reported them missing are helping with the search, Sulich said. It's still very early, she said. "These guys are experienced," the officer added.
Their vehicle has been located, but crews continue to search the area's network of logging roads. "You can get turned around in there," Sulich said.
One of the hunters is from Delta, and the other is from Surrey.
"We are doing everything possible," Sulich said, noting that the hunters did have a cellphone with them, but it may be dead, or out of range.
Anyone who may have information related to the hunters' whereabouts is asked to call Mission RCMP at 1-604-826-7161.

Steeleco
11-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Shitty, I wish I was free, I know that area pretty good. Hoping for the best.

Philcott
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Maybe they'll fire off a volley of shots to bring the rescuers in.

Mr. Dean
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
They're just on to a CRANKER of a buck.
I'm sure they'll be fine and that we'll see some pics in the next few days.

Them Surrey Fellas are pretty resilient. :wink:

Steeleco
11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
2km isn't even yet out of the district of Mission and is rife with trails from weekend warriors atv trails and such. West of the road is pretty easy going, east of the road is vertical.

Ronforca
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Lived on Sylvester for 14 yrs.Near Dale Rd.which is about 2 K.in.Pretty hard to get lost unless they traveled right over the Mtn.to the East.

Kamikazi
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Hunter found, I was turned around at the SAR check-point right when they found him.
http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/134690998.html

Philcott
11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Tikka270
11-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Glad to hear they are ok. Be interesting to see if they are members on here,and to hear their story.

vortex hunter
11-29-2011, 04:42 PM
That's good to hear ...

BiG Boar
11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Was it Surreyboy?

See if there were less people taking advice from here on HBC, saying get off the road and hike, and if PG66 didn't start threads about how great black tail hunting is, maybe we tax payers wouldnt be paying for his rescue.

r106
11-29-2011, 05:38 PM
that guy played it smart, not trying to run off that evening to find help and risk loosing his buddy's location. wait till morning knowing people will be looking for them. he might have saved his friends life by waiting it out

dabat
11-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Good to see they are ok, they did things right once one of them was injured and sounds like they were prepared. Good for them.

burger
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
I wonder how he fell off a cliff when they were trying to walk out from a broken down vehicle? I would think I would stay on the road and walk out that way hoping to run into another vehicle rather than try to go overland