PDA

View Full Version : Can I shoot like this ?

city hunter
11-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Hi There I am wondering if I can lean against my truck and shoot the game during hunting (the engine is shut off already ) ?like duck hunt,just trun off the motor and tilt it up the water then you can shoot on the boat,how about big game ? thanks !!!

Gateholio
11-29-2011, 12:36 AM
If you are going to use your truck for a rest, then both your feet should be on the ground and no part of the firearm actually touching the vehicle. This is to comply with the law.

city hunter
11-29-2011, 12:47 AM
If you are going to use your truck for a rest, then both your feet should be on the ground and no part of the firearm actually touching the vehicle. This is to comply with the law.So you mean my body can lean against the truck as a rest and my feet have to be on the ground but my rifle MUST NOT touching any part of the vehicle ,The rifle touch my body and my body touch the vehicle is NO problem ,is that right ?

hunter1947
11-29-2011, 02:26 AM
If you are going to use your truck for a rest, then both your feet should be on the ground and no part of the firearm actually touching the vehicle. This is to comply with the law.

Gate is right X2.

CanuckShooter
11-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Where is this in the regs???

Gateholio
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Where it says you can't shoot from in or on a vehicle.

Caribou Unleaded
11-29-2011, 01:13 PM
GREY AREA! The regs are the bible, so it all depends on what version of christianity the officer who busts you practices.

CanuckShooter
11-29-2011, 01:15 PM
It says you cannot shoot from a vehicle, it says nothing about"on". Is this another persistent urban myth being touted as fact to the unaware?

tristanmac
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
very curious if this is legal or not. deffinitly a grey area, I think the regs need to be a little more clear.

11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Here we go!
somebody needs to have all the legal docs for these threads in their computer so they can copy paste the awnser in.

scoutlt1
11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
IT IS UNLAWFUL TO:

18.to shoot wildlife from a motor vehicle or a
boat propelled by a motor

22.to discharge, carry or have in possession
a firearm containing live ammunition in
its breech or in its magazine attached to
the firearm, in or on a railway car, motor
vehicle, sleigh, aircraft, bicycle or other
conveyance.

As Gatehouse said; feet on the ground with no part of the gun touching the vehicle. If you need to shoot that close to your vehicle then make sure you are at least doing that...or kneel, sit, get prone, or find something else to rest your gun on and avoid any problems.
Just my $.02

CanuckShooter
11-29-2011, 01:48 PM
It does say "on" there! Missed that one....guess yous road hunters better be careful.

walks with deer
11-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Seen a guy resting on his truck with a bipod on the hood.
Pretty sure he had been drinking and was wearing full wool camo I overheard him tell the co he didn't have a hunting liscence.
All I know is the co had his ticket book in one hand and the guys rifle in the other and asked me to leave.

Point of story the situation went down quickly cause he was target shooting off his hood.
I wouldn't say use a alternate rest when available.