PDA

View Full Version : Still rutting

doubled
11-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Was dealing with a neighbour's tree that fell on our fence and into our yard yesterday. Took two truck loads of debris to a farmer's house where he has a burn pit and ran into a big 3 pt with two does. He was not straying very far from the ladies and watched them for a few minutes.

Afterwards, we headed down to the outlaws house and saw a big buck with five more does and he was putting the chase on three of them. Seems awfully late to me for the muleys - maybe a second estrus??

Gunner Staal
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
They are still going hard. All my trail cam pics have bucks all over doe this past 5 days. Very obvious rutting activity still going on. The wind this weekend wrecked bow hunting however. At least for me. Everything anchored down all day Saturday and most of Sunday until yesterday afternoon.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-28-2011, 10:02 AM
The mulies are rutting hard right now. Some of the best action is the first weekend of the late archery season.
A buddy missed a buck on the weekend. As soon as the arrow went sailing by, he mounted a doe(the buck...not my friend). Put a smile on his face and let him finish. Never got him.

SSS

swampdonkey
11-28-2011, 10:07 AM
still rutting hard in thre kamloops area this past weekend

Marlin375
11-28-2011, 10:13 AM
One more shot of fresh snow and we should have the very best conditions to stick a nice Muley this week. Working for a living is really interfearing with a booner opertunity though.

Clouddog
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Any reports of the rut activity with blacktails still in the Fraser Valley?

REMINGTON JIM
11-28-2011, 02:52 PM
I have seen mule deer rut well into december - they really juat got at it !

Wrayzer
11-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't know what happened with the Whitetails around here, week of Nov. 14-21 I was seeing dozens of does with bucks trailing or bucks with nose to the ground, since then I'm seeing dozens of doe groups with no bucks in sight, makes for tough hunting for the last days of rifle, mind you the snow isn't helping.

doubled
11-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Don't know what happened with the Whitetails around here, week of Nov. 14-21 I was seeing dozens of does with bucks trailing or bucks with nose to the ground, since then I'm seeing dozens of doe groups with no bucks in sight, makes for tough hunting for the last days of rifle, mind you the snow isn't helping.

I find the snow helps alot when I am chasing whiteys around.

Wrayzer
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
I find the snow helps alot when I am chasing whiteys around.
Easier to spot those Crankers slipping in and outta sight ;)

Need a fresh dump of powder for stalking, trying to do anything in this crunchy stuff is almost impossible, I try to have patients with sitting and calling/rattling but most of the time I like to be on the move, covering more ground, following tracks. Supposed to get 4cm of white stuff tomorrow so should make for some good tracking.

BigSlapper
11-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Still going hard. Just started to pick up in the last week (Savonna area). Back last night from 10 days in the bush and there was no slowing down.