PDA

View Full Version : Lundbom lake?

sneaky67
11-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey folks!, i have a mule doe tag for region 3-12 and looking for a spot to go. I have travel all through bear main around Pennask lake, and Hatheume lake, been to elk heart and haven't saw a doe yet. I was thinking about going to Lundbom Lake which i have never been to but reading some other threads on here that Douglas lake ranch has gates up or something, i was wondering where Douglas lake ranch even is cause i can't find it in my back road mapbook. and is there any deer there at this time in the year or am i just wasting my time.

Tyler

chainsaw
11-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Just got back from there,we took a nice 4 point in the first km off the hiway. Saw lots of mulie doe in there and the ranch sings are clearly marked so youll know when your getting to the no hunting areas. Good luck and take tire chanes its getting deeper by the day up there.

Fisher-Dude
11-27-2011, 04:41 PM
The deer have bailed out of Hatheume country by now, for the most part. Lundbom would be a good bet for a fat doe. Good luck!

huntwriter
11-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Lots of deer around Lundbum Lake, also up Pennask Lake Road. Send me a PM and I point you to a few spots where you will guaranteed see mule deer does. Might even be able to personally take you to a spot or two.

sneaky67
11-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys for the advice!! hope i get one now :)

Foxton Gundogs
11-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Spent a week at the beginning of the season riding there saw a pile of sign and tracks lots of does and fawns

Fisher-Dude
11-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Don't bother with Pennask. The deer have migrated out of there by now. Probably 2+ feet of snow up there. Stay lower by Lundbom.

sneaky67
11-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Drove through there about 2 weeks ago and didnt even see a deer track all moose tracks, and we drove from bear main entrance all the way to west kelowna

huntwriter
11-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Don't bother with Pennask. The deer have migrated out of there by now. Probably 2+ feet of snow up there. Stay lower by Lundbom.

Not Pennask Lake but the road going up there from the old highway 5. Lots of deer along that road until about half way up to the Lake. ;) But it doesn't matter the OP sent me a PM and I gave him the exact spots in the Lundbum Lake area where he WILL find deer.

sneaky67
11-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Just got back from there,we took a nice 4 point in the first km off the hiway.
should make a thread would like to see a pic of the bad boy

3kills
11-28-2011, 01:43 AM
yes lundbom lake is a good area especially this time of year! send me a pm also if u want.

3kills
11-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Just got back from there,we took a nice 4 point in the first km off the hiway. Saw lots of mulie doe in there and the ranch sings are clearly marked so youll know when your getting to the no hunting areas. Good luck and take tire chanes its getting deeper by the day up there.

I think I heard about this one already. If its the same buck I heard about if from the very man that sent ya in there and he showed up right after u got it?

sneaky67
11-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the info guys, going tomorrow morning so i hope i get one

Fixit
11-30-2011, 11:01 PM
i met sneaky67 up lundbom lake area yesterday. neither of us saw very much, unless he found something today that i didnt...
damn crunchy snow....

sneaky67
12-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Nope Nothing after leaving the second time talking just down the road about 2 or 3 km ended up getting a flat tire so ended up leaving right away, did hear a shot tho when changing the tire, snow was way to crunchy, if we did not get a flat tire was going to try loon lake that is just up the highway a little ways but just my luck flat tired screwed me

BCHunterTV
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM
see any cat tracks?

sneaky67
12-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I didnt see any, hard to tell if theres fresh tracks or not the snow is so crunchy and hard that its hard to establish anything