PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal

jessbennett
11-27-2011, 02:47 PM
I could be mistaken, but i just happened to be looking at the calendar of events for the shoots next year and it appears that the r-100 has been scheduled for the same weekend as our provincial outdoor 3-d's? if this is the case, what the hell? that is some pretty piss poor planning as far as im concerned. and that will dramatically decrease the turnout for the provincial tournament. the provincials are in salmon arm which puts on a dam good shoot and to have this r100 scheduled on the same weekend is just wrong. anything for a buck i guess........:confused: but... if i am mistaken, please disregard this. but according to the "calendar of events", thats how it looks.....

Jonas111
11-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I believe the provincials agreed to move after the R100 was announced. They new they would be at the mercy of the R100 because you don't get to choose your dates. I am sure it will get worked out soon. No need to get upset just yet. Looks like its going to be a great year for 3D in BC.

jessbennett
11-27-2011, 03:33 PM
agreed. if the dates will work out it will be a fantastic year for archery in b.c. im just hoping that if the conflict does not get resolved that it will not be the provincials that are compromised. the provincials are a far more important shoot imo anyways. it would be a shame to lose the r-100, but if anyone who truly cares about competitive archery in b.c, the 100 would be the one to lose.

MattB
11-27-2011, 03:44 PM
What did your bear skull measure out at?

Jonas111
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
It's already being discussed from what I've been told. Provincials were booked long before R100 and I was told provincials might move. It might screw the schedule up a bit but it should be an exciting year.

Provincials, R100 and Nationals all in the okanagan. Makes me want to start shooting now. Problem is I'm a golfer and a 0 HDCP at the moment and I play golf tourneys the same weekends as these shoots. Going to have to make a decision soon and start practicing.

I agree though. Provincials would be my priority as well. I'm not good enough at archery to place but would be fun to give it a shot.

Bow Walker
11-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Jesse - make a couple of phone calls to find out for sure. It'll ease your mind...........

Jonas111
11-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Call the guys at Hardcore Archery in kelowna. Ken or Kory.