PDA

View Full Version : lost my camp

wos
11-26-2011, 08:21 PM
The tale gate on my trailer broke on the way out of the gang ranch and I lost my entire hunting outfit wall tents stove (cooking and wood burning) cots propane bottles and all the little things in between that have taken a lifetime to put together. They were lost between the Gang and lone bute If any one found my camp or parts of it could you please contact me

Thanks Steve

sarg
11-26-2011, 08:26 PM
f**k thats suck.

Caveman
11-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Man! That Sucks!! I don't know what to say. Hopefully someone honest picks it all up and somehow you get it back

BlacktailStalker
11-26-2011, 08:29 PM
That is the absolute shits, I hope you get some or all of it back.

Gateholio
11-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Absolutely brutal.....

SimilkameenSlayer
11-26-2011, 08:35 PM
very sorry to hear that.

olharley guy
11-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Howdy, what road were you on-on the way out? Later

Whonnock Boy
11-26-2011, 09:57 PM
That sucks! When you realized it, did you turn around and retrace your steps? An acquaintance did the same thing coming out of Big Bar years ago after dark. The whole way back they were picking up a boot here, a pot there, coleman stove over there.

wos
11-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Howdy, what road were you on-on the way out? Later

from the bridge to dog creek rd left on the 1100 rd out to Exeter

SHAKER
11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Ouch..... that might be a tough one to explain when you get home?

But might be a great time for some up grades and tweaking on your current\past set up. Just trying to think positive for ya.

dropshot
11-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Might be a good idea to get a sign up in the area. Maybe someone going into that area could put one up for you if you are not any where near the area.

Jagermeister
11-26-2011, 11:02 PM
The tale gate on my trailer broke on the way out of the gang ranch and I lost my entire hunting outfit wall tents stove (cooking and wood burning) cots propane bottles and all the little things in between that have taken a lifetime to put together. They were lost between the Gang and lone bute If any one found my camp or parts of it could you please contact me

Thanks SteveWhen did you notice you were missing your camp and did you back track?

BCsniper
11-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Check with your insurance agent/broker. You might have coverage under your home owners insurance policy.

shallowH2O
11-26-2011, 11:09 PM
ouch...that hurts. hope some of it finds its way home

landphil
11-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Check with your insurance agent/broker. You might have coverage under your home owners insurance policy.

Was going to say the exact same thing, but you beat me to it.

The Dude
11-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Was going to say the exact same thing, but you beat me to it.

Me too. Too bad your stuff was all stolen like that, huh?
:D

hunter1947
11-27-2011, 03:37 AM
I am a little confused :confused: ,when you found about this ordeal you must have turned around and back steeped your tracks ???? and if so you found nothing ??? did others pick up your belongings ????.

This really sucks big time I feel for you my friend I really hope you get your stuff back ,If it was me in your shoes I would go back and put up a few signs up saying what happed with your phone number on the signs..

olharley guy
11-27-2011, 08:17 AM
from the bridge to dog creek rd left on the 1100 rd out to Exeter

Howdy, the wife and I were up Exeter yesterday afternoon to the 20 + km. post where the road splits to Dog Creek or Snag Lake -nothing on the road at all, that's why I was asking.
Maybe on the hills coming out of the Fraser? No other traffic on the road when we were there. Later

lilhoss
11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Ran into a couple guys on the meadow lake road,years ago.They started drinking from the pavement "in" and when they pulled over to piss,all that was dragging was the trailer reach,grinding away on the road.They figured the trailer went flying over an enbankment,as they never say it all the way back out.Your stuff was most likely picked up by the locals,or even other hunters.Crappy having any troubles on a hunting trip,can really taint the over all trip.Be there ,done that,engine troubles,broken trailers,etc.Lousy all around.Were you at least successful on getting some game?Hope so,that can soften the "ouch".

nature girl
11-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Check out the pawn shops maybe someone needed some cash that found your items.

wos
11-28-2011, 08:24 AM
I am a little confused :confused: ,when you found about this ordeal you must have turned around and back steeped your tracks ???? and if so you found nothing ??? did others pick up your belongings ????.

my dad was towing the camp ahead of me. I came up the hill about 30 min later i spotted a tent pole corner. I did collect some of the gear but non of the valuable stuff.

olharley guy
11-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Howdy, just did some insurance for a cowboy from Dog Creek. He just came from there on Exeter road and saw nothing. He thought some of the locals out hunting would have picked it up all ready-sorry. Later

And hasn't heard of anything being picked up???

tooty
11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
To bad all that stuff went missing from your trailer when you were not looking,or not home or sumptin' like that,wink,wink .Can you say new stuff?

bc kid
11-28-2011, 08:19 PM

Thanks Steve

that sucks i thought i had a bad day last week when i lost my gps if i hear anything from the guys i will let you know

seanps
11-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Shoooooot. Good luck.

bosca
11-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Hopefully there is something in the load that distinguishes it as yours. We had all of our rifles come out the canopy of my father in-laws pick up between Westwood and Douglas Lk...We got a call from the Vernon RCMP telling us that some good folkes dropped our rifles off.
Maybe that might be a good place to start...call the closest RCMP detachment in case someone turned the stuff in. I think most people out there are basically honest and will try to do the right thing.

cmc destroyer
11-29-2011, 09:36 AM
For sale, one wall tent with stove and ALL the fixins.. cheap!!!

cmc destroyer
11-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Cmon!!.. you KNOW that was funny!!.. sorry bout your luck bud hope you get it back..

wos
12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Just moving this to the top of the pile in hopes that the right person sees it.

olharley guy
12-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Howdy, have you tried checking with the RCMP in Clinton or 100 Mile? There are honest people in the Cariboo who may have reported it/handed it is. Later

wos
12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Howdy, have you tried checking with the RCMP in Clinton or 100 Mile? There are honest people in the Cariboo who may have reported it/handed it is. Later

No but I will tomorrow. Strange as it may seem it never crossed my mind. Thanks.