PDA

View Full Version : Deer Debate

Deer_Slayer
11-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Get a message from my cousin on facebook today. He was out hunting he shot a nice white tail buck. So he tracks down his deer and is about to gut it when another hunter approaches and claims that it's his deer. A 2 hour argument ensues so my cousin is pissed and calls in CO to settle matters. CO arrives and turns out is friends with the other hunter and gives the deer to the other guy. My cousin is pissed beyond belief..what in hell can he do?

Tikka270
11-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Go find a bigger buck!

DR800
11-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Was the other dude a 200 lb`er with a ear-flap hat ?

Gateholio
11-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Not much he can do now.

jeff
11-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Was the other dude a 200 lb`er with a ear-flap hat ?

and walmart camo

hunterdon
11-26-2011, 07:22 PM
That's very unfortunate. A good friend of mine had a similar experience but over a moose. Both claimed it was his shot that downed the animal. After a thorough discussion they decided to each take half. The other fellow also agreed that he would cut his tag. It's too bad your friend couldn't have come to a similar conclusion. I think he is out of luck now that the C.O. has made the decision. Best to forget the ordeal and go for a bigger buck!

frenchbar
11-26-2011, 07:39 PM
how many holes in it lol..

Fisher-Dude
11-26-2011, 07:40 PM
What's the other guy's version of events? :wink:

frenchbar
11-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Its my buck ..no its mine! F off its mine' i shot it first...something like that i would think lol

Deer_Slayer
11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
hahaha maybe

Deer_Slayer
11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
lol...probably the same..maybe there's another buck laying close by

Weatherby Fan
11-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Happened to a friend of mine in Lilloett,shoots a 2 point and it drops,as he's walking up to the deer,an older chubby Italian gentleman comes running up and starts yelling "why yoo choota my deer" "dats amya 2 point" 10 minutes later he's facing 4 chubby Italians all yelling and swearing at him-after some arguing and choice words young Billy says fine take it I'll get another one which he did later in the day.
WF

frenchbar
11-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Happened to a friend of mine in Lilloett,shoots a 2 point and it drops,as he's walking up to the deer,an older chubby Italian gentleman comes running up and starts yelling "why yoo choota my deer" "dats amya 2 point" 10 minutes later he's facing 4 chubby Italians all yelling and swearing at him-after some arguing and choice words young Billy says fine take it I'll get another one which he did later in the day.
WF

2 funny Don ..haha.. you choota my deer lol

dropshot
11-26-2011, 09:54 PM
I am curious as to who cut their tag first, when they both were at the kill site and the animal was dead. I am sure that would have had some pull as to the CO's decision if one had cut their tag and the other didn't before he arrived on scene.

Sitkaspruce
11-26-2011, 10:36 PM
The Co would not make the desission. The do not have time to deal with social crap like this.

First off, he would have had to call the RAPP line (as the CO's no longer have a front office staff, nor rarely answer the phone, especially on a Sat) and they would have made a file on it and then passed it onto the CO's.

The CO's do not deal with social issues like this.....they have way more important things to do than decide who get a deer that was shot. It would have been the RCMP who would have delt with that BS crap like this.

How does the guy know the CO was the other hunters friend??

If the CO did show up, he should have investigated the story from both and then told them what to do, but to say he played favorites is just too stinky.......and too easy to argue if the other hunter pushed it.

I find this story just a little too much BS, even for this site......and coming from facebook....well that explains it all.

Cheers

SS

SHAKER
11-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Whom ever cuts the tag and puts a blade to it would be the owner...... but was this buck shot already? Did the guy follow a blood trail to it? Dr. Phil said it pretty good (no I don't watch that crap but....) "No mater how thin a pan cake is their is always 2 sides!"

blackford
11-26-2011, 11:04 PM
WF

Wow. Can I take stereotyping for 1000 Alex

bellagrinder
11-26-2011, 11:30 PM
If that happened to me I would have been like thats cool, Ill let you know if I see it, then I would have left with my prize. A little nicer than saying **** off its mine, but still blunt enough to get the point across.

hunter1947
11-27-2011, 03:42 AM
I had this happen to me years back I had shot a decent mule buck this other hunter said he has shot it I did hear his shot when he shot at this buck there where two holes in it I said fine take it the bucks its yours I will go hunt another one thats even bigger ,its not wort arguing about it when there are guns present.

Doe See Doe
11-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Thank you Sitkaspruce! : )

SimilkameenSlayer
11-27-2011, 07:43 AM
I had this happen to me years back I had shot a decent mule buck this other hunter said he has shot it I did hear his shot when he shot at this buck there where two holes in it I said fine take it the bucks yours I will go hunt another one thats even bigger ,its not wort arguing about it when there are guns present.

x2
what he says.

CanuckShooter
11-27-2011, 07:46 AM
I'd challenge him to a wrestle...winner take all!!! :-)

lilhoss
11-27-2011, 08:24 AM
If it were my deer,that I just shot,I would know it.When I found it,I would have tagged it,started gutting it,and get to dragging.If the other guy wants to grab hold of the deer,great,two hands are better than one!That's why I like to hunt well off the beaten path.

Bow Walker
11-27-2011, 11:48 AM
If - after a "two hour argument" - nothing is settled and the two complainants mutually decide to call in a third party to arbitrate the matter - they had better be willing to live by the arbitration result.

The "CO" decided in the other guy's favor. Deal with it. Suck it up Princess. Go get another one.

Weatherby Fan
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
If I'm the CO, I say cut it down the middle and make both of them tag it !

longstonec
11-27-2011, 01:47 PM
What wrong with 200lb's and ear flap hats. And yes I read that other thread. I don't want to be lumped in with peckerheads. Just cause I am big boned and have cold ears.

huntwriter
11-27-2011, 02:20 PM
If I'm the CO, I say cut it down the middle and make both of them tag it !

That is exactly what I would do too.

Savage Man
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
I think I know your cousin as I have heard this storey already today around town and if its the same guy I would believe what he says! He is a good East Kootenay boy who has grown up a hard core and ethical hunter.

Big Lew
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
One of my Brothers and I were involved in a similar situation quite a few years ago above Summerland. We came upon a young fellow who had just shot at a small buck and couldn't find it. He had hit it with a 243 and the deer walked away. While I was on my hands and knees, finding the odd drop of blood as I tracked it through some heavy scrub, I heard 2 others stop by and offer to help. These 2 went ahead of me on one side of the long thicket-choked swale while my Brother took the other. After about 3/4 of an hour, I found where it had died, and also where those two had grabbed it and dragged it away to their truck and never were seen again....pretty sad really, and they probably made up a beauty of a story of what great hunters they were.

fowl language
11-28-2011, 07:51 AM
happened to my dad when i was just a kid.he definately killed it and buddy claims it.so my dad said if it,s yours you better cut your tag,so buddy does .about that time pops walks over to the animal and un loaded 2 clips into all 4 quarters and we walked off,with buddy swearing at him...fowl

Mr. Dean
11-28-2011, 10:27 AM
It's a deer, not a P/U.

Move on.
Get over it.

I once stalked a deer for 2 hours, only to push it on a road for some lucky SOB driving down it, while I was only 10yds away from making my own shot.
Life is to short to walk around in scrunched up panties.

PeachlandHunter
11-28-2011, 10:02 PM
happened to my dad when i was just a kid.he definately killed it and buddy claims it.so my dad said if it,s yours you better cut your tag,so buddy does .about that time pops walks over to the animal and un loaded 2 clips into all 4 quarters and we walked off,with buddy swearing at him...fowl

love this idea lol

Buckmeister
11-28-2011, 10:45 PM
You shot a deer, and then you were the first one to find a dead deer.....if you cut yer tag right away and the other fellow didn't...then the CO would more likely have ruled in your favour.....first come, first served so to speak.

But thats not the way it worked out....so carry on and find a better buck....Good Luck!!

f350ps
11-28-2011, 10:57 PM

Not sure I'd wanna teach my kid or any kid those ethics, just sayin! K

knighthunter
11-28-2011, 10:58 PM
So, the OP's cousin shoots a deer, tracks it down, argue's with the other hunter for 2 hours, call's a CO. How long did it take B4 the CO shows up. All this time the deer's laying there with the guts in it. In my opinion, likely just as well the other hunter took it, unless it was a booner. LOL.

Rubberknot
11-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Rock, paper scissors...

The Dude
11-28-2011, 11:14 PM
I woulda challenged him to a Newfie Arm Wrestle for rights. If he doesn't knock himself out, he can have the deer.

gon_fishn
11-29-2011, 12:20 AM
way to busy in those neck of the woods , thats why I hunt where few go,should have bagged a 200lb warden

slowkey
11-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Life is to short to walk around in scrunched up panties.

and that is why I go commando!!!!