PDA

View Full Version : wings

kelmore
11-26-2011, 05:54 PM
I have a new pup coming in the new year and ment to keep some grouse wings in the freezer but forgot, does anyone know where I could find some?

Foxton Gundogs
11-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Cabelas and maybe wholesale sport sells them but you need to use scent they are pretty dry. I'd get some pigeons should be able to trap some where you are

Yusuf
11-26-2011, 06:24 PM
what do you use wings for if you dont mind my asking, is it for training, or just a great snack for puppies :-D

Big Lew
11-26-2011, 06:33 PM
x2 on the pigeon wings. When we used to train our labs for trials and hunting, we used the wings at first, and then the whole bird. I would use a flashlight and catch them by hand along the rafters and beams in warehouses. It actually was so much fun that I would catch enough for others training as well.

kelmore
11-28-2011, 06:40 AM
cool thanks guys I'll see if I can find a place to catch some pigeons

fearnodeer
11-28-2011, 08:23 AM
x2 on the pigeon wings. When we used to train our labs for trials and hunting, we used the wings at first, and then the whole bird. I would use a flashlight and catch them by hand along the rafters and beams in warehouses. It actually was so much fun that I would catch enough for others training as well.

As kids we did the same thing in the hay barns, glad to see someone else has done it.

Foxton Gundogs
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
As kids we did the same thing in the hay barns, glad to see someone else has done it.
Grain elevators, barns, under bridges done them all as a younger guy now I let the trap do the "climbing" lol