PDA

View Full Version : Need clarification on bag limit!!

yota
11-25-2011, 10:46 AM
So I shot a nice 2x3 blacktail in region 2 the other day and now i wanna know what my options are. I'm going to region 8 Dec 1-3 for an archery whitetail hunt as either sex is open and also muley bucks. Because I have already taged a muley (blacktail) can i tag another buck in a seperate region or am I only aloud white tail? I have read the regs and from my understanding I think I'm only aloud 1 white tail buck and 1 white tail doe as I do not have a muley deer LEH doe draw?

snareman1234
11-25-2011, 11:02 AM
you can tag a mule buck in reg 8

finngun
11-25-2011, 11:10 AM
from co..----For one, the total #of deer you can take in bc is in fact 3 deer, which can include any combination of white tail or mule to a total of 3. However the license section in the synopsis mentions that you can carry on you a maximum of 3 tags for each species, such that if you were in an area with mulies and whitetails you could have the option of shooting 3 in one species if you didnt see any of the other (acheiving your province bag limit). cheers f-g

barry1974w
11-25-2011, 11:18 AM
provincial limit is 3, check regional limits

Stone Sheep Steve
11-25-2011, 11:56 AM
You can come to Reg 8 and shoot either two whities( 1 buck and 1 doe) or you can shoot 1 whitey(either sex) and 1 muley buck. Just make sure you have the right tags...of course.

SSS

shadow1982
11-25-2011, 12:15 PM
You can come to Reg 8 and shoot either two whities( 1 buck and 1 doe) or you can shoot 1 whitey(either sex) and 1 muley buck. Just make sure you have the right tags...of course.

SSS

Just wondering since region 8 has 1 whitetail limit... wouldnot it be either a buck or doe in that region.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Just wondering since region 8 has 1 whitetail limit... wouldnot it be either a buck or doe in that region.

Not correct. From the regs....

Reg 8

Deer: The aggregate bag limit for deer is

2. Both deer may be antlerless, but only one
antlerless deer of each species may be taken.
The bag limit for mule deer is 1. Antlerless
mule deer are available only through LEH.
The bag limit for white-tailed deer is 2, only
one of which may be a buck, and one of
which may be antlerless.

SSS

yota
11-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys i just spoke with a CO in region 8 and he has confirmed that YES i can shoot a mule deer buck still while im up there and also either sex whitey while I'm there.

finngun
11-25-2011, 02:11 PM
yes but- the total #of deer you can take in bc is in fact 3 deer, which can include any combination of white tail or mule to a total of 3.///

dont get confused with//bag limit and total limit in bc..and region limits too..heck is that getting any easier--next year? i hope

shadow1982
11-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Not correct. From the regs....

Reg 8

Deer: The aggregate bag limit for deer is

2. Both deer may be antlerless, but only one
antlerless deer of each species may be taken.
The bag limit for mule deer is 1. Antlerless
mule deer are available only through LEH.
The bag limit for white-tailed deer is 2, only
one of which may be a buck, and one of
which may be antlerless.

SSS

Thanks bud

Fisher-Dude
11-25-2011, 09:06 PM
from co..----For one, the total #of deer you can take in bc is in fact 3 deer, which can include any combination of white tail or mule to a total of 3. However the license section in the synopsis mentions that you can carry on you a maximum of 3 tags for each species, such that if you were in an area with mulies and whitetails you could have the option of shooting 3 in one species if you didnt see any of the other (acheiving your province bag limit). cheers f-g

You could only shoot 3 if the regional bag limit is 3. Region 8 bag limit is 2.