PDA

View Full Version : Anyone selling coyote hides this winter?

No Tag Soup Please
11-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Anybody skinning and selling hides this year? Does anyone take just skinned out yotes or do they all want them to be fleshed and dried?

Gonna try to kill a bunch this year and just wondering if it is worth it to skin out the whole thing.

SHAKER
11-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Anybody skinning and selling hides this year? Does anyone take just skinned out yotes or do they all want them to be fleshed and dried?

Gonna try to kill a bunch this year and just wondering if it is worth it to skin out the whole thing.

They stink if that helps..... Little tip if your work'n on them VICS VAPOUR RUB UP YOUR NOSE! I hate them things and won't take one in the shop unless it's skinned first.

rocksteady
11-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Beaverdell...shit.. I lived there from 70 to 75, last time I went through nothing had changed.....Except the Beaverdell Hotel had burned down....

Please do not tell me you were born and raised there (cue the banjo music) cause I may be related to you :)

pronghorn
11-24-2011, 07:32 PM
You might be able to find a trapper that will buy them.

elkdom
11-24-2011, 10:10 PM
a prime/heavy/large coyote hide, was worth about $50 in early 2011, considering there are hours of painstaking/distasteful/stinky work to make a coyote hide marketable at a fur auction ???

$50 is a real damm poor return for your efforts!:?

boxhitch
11-25-2011, 04:39 PM
But it is a hobby that pays back ..........somewhat
Look in the regs for fur/antler buyers

Pete
11-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Took 128 coyotes last winter, Skinned out over just over 70 of them last winter. I like doing them. Got more for some less for others. Some folks ethics are pretty good. Rather than leave them in the field they bring them to me. More than willing to teach anyone who wants to learn how to put them up properly.

SHAKER
11-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Took 128 coyotes last winter, Skinned out over just over 70 of them last winter. I like doing them. Got more for some less for others. Some folks ethics are pretty good. Rather than leave them in the field they bring them to me. More than willing to teach anyone who wants to learn how to put them up properly.

I'll let you know if I need any skinned out.......LOL

Mr. Dean
11-26-2011, 03:29 AM

PM me a price for me buying a few PRIME pelts off of ya.

Camp Cook
11-26-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm switching over to coyote hunting very soon now if anyone in the Fraser Valley wants them they are yours I'm not skinning them out though... :???:

No Tag Soup Please
11-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Pete thanks for the offer, might have to take you up on it! How long will a hide last just hanging in the shop if you properly dry it out like the guys on the youtube video's. Is that the way you sell yours or do you tan them?

lovemywinchester
11-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Hey Pete, how long does it take you in hours to do a pelt from start to finish? Just curious. Thanks.

BillBraskii
11-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Hey Pete, how long does it take you in hours to do a pelt from start to finish? Just curious. Thanks.
first you must kill a coyote grasshoppa

Fullcurled4point
11-28-2011, 12:51 PM
the reason coyotes, wolves, and other meat eaters stink is because of the crap in there stomachs start rotting almost instantly..If you skin off them meat eaters as soon as ya shoot em, you'll notice the stink wont be there!

Camp Cook
11-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Oh come on they stink cause they don;t take showers... :mrgreen:

Fullcurled4point
11-28-2011, 06:33 PM
ahahahahahahahahahah

unstableryan
10-29-2012, 10:26 PM
I have a nice coyote fur in the freezer right now. No bullet holes as I shot it low chest. I can send a picture if someone wants to see the dog before skinning. What do I do now ? Haha..

The Dude
10-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Send a PM to Pete that posted last year?

boxhitch
10-30-2012, 05:34 AM
What do I do now ?good in a stir fry, but you have to get the hair of first.

Zorbo
11-15-2016, 08:05 AM
Took 128 coyotes last winter, Skinned out over just over 70 of them last winter. I like doing them. Got more for some less for others. Some folks ethics are pretty good. Rather than leave them in the field they bring them to me. More than willing to teach anyone who wants to learn how to put them up properly.QQQQQ
Where a outs are you located?

Zorbo
11-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Shot 2 coyotes this fall,Ok Falls area,nice winter fur.

Zorbo
11-15-2016, 08:10 AM
I do have a foxpro ecaller,but been using hand calls,howling and distress.

Dannybuoy
11-15-2016, 08:14 AM
QQQQQ
Where a outs are you located?
Old thread but Pete is in Vernon