PDA

View Full Version : Heading out Region8-8 tomororw iwth a bow, need attraction hints for Mulies pls!

bucket
11-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey all,

heading up to my spot that a month ago was ripe with scat, does and other Muley signs, but this time with a bow. I've got a nice grove their trails head right thru that felt tight hunting with a gun, but the range is more than big enough for a bow.

Going to head up to arrive an hour before first light, take my muley grunt call and get standing on this little hill their trails roll thru.

Looking for advice on how to call a Muley in right now in the OK.

Grunts, crunch feet, do I go get a buck "bomb" ?

Not really sure what their rut status is and what to do other than that, struck out so far this year so really hoping to connect.

Thanks!

Bc Deer Hunter
11-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Around bear main?

Gunner Staal
11-24-2011, 06:29 PM
I have tried most of the techniques with muley but they dont react to attractants like whities. Not to say grunting, rattling and scents wont work but not in high percentage. If your area is heavy with them then spot and stalk is likely your best bet. I have an established tree stand and bait pile that ive been filling for 4 weeks now with habitual doe visiting daily. I sit and wait as quiet and scentless as possible and hope they bring their boyfriends for lunch. Good luck to you.....I will be out Saturday. Walk slow......stalk slower.

Gunner

fowlweather
11-24-2011, 06:35 PM
throw some cut apples around an area with corn, thatll get them coming

Stone Sheep Steve
11-24-2011, 06:42 PM
After that warm wet weather the past two days, the snow should be crunchier that hell. Not the best stalking conditions.

Calling them in might be your best bet.

SSS

coach
11-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Went for a quick look see in 8-10 tonight and SSS is right. Crunchy as hell. Hopefully conditions change soon.

coach
11-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Primos can calls are your friend this time of year.

aggiehunter
11-24-2011, 07:16 PM
For mulies yes use your buck bomb and stay on the same hillside.....grunt every 20 or 30 seconds but a for a real piece of advice don't overcall....they should definitely run into your calls for a quick bowshot....good luck!

MerrittBow
spot and stalk is the only way, ill be out saturday looking for the big one i saw last week

Doe Bleat Tip can by Primos, Grunt tube, don't know if the rattlin would work now but has for me with mulies.

Good luck, CT

bucket
11-24-2011, 11:16 PM
thanks guys, i have a primo can from last year will give it my best. up at 5 and headin for the hills!

boxhitch
11-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Too bad you are runnin alone. Best set up is a caller upwind of a shooter , distance depends on cover.
The bucks may come in on the quiet side, more than a direct charge.