PDA

View Full Version : private property question

bosca
11-24-2011, 07:09 AM
A couple years ago I had permission to hunt on Frolec's property here in Kamloops, I found what I thought was a great spot one day only to return to a note on my truck telling me that 'this is not Frolec's property....so stay out". I have never gone back and have not been able to determine who's land it is. The spot is directly west of Trapp lake, just above the highway. Does anyone know who ownes this land?

thanks for any help.

CanuckShooter
11-24-2011, 07:12 AM
You can go to the land title office in town, they can help you out.

bosca
11-24-2011, 07:15 AM
You can go to the land title office in town, they can help you out.
Is their someone I should speak to or is there a document I need to ask for?

CanuckShooter
11-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Just tell them what your looking for, and they will pull out maps and you can point out the spot. That is what we did when there was posted land that we wanted to cross outside of Williams Lake, they didn't have any problem at all with assisting us.

cariboobill
11-24-2011, 08:18 AM
For all Hunters yo can check for private lands/public lands on the BC On Line Cadastral. It is easy and works well. Once you get the property ID you can go and check with the local government or get an online account for land status.

CB

SR80
11-24-2011, 08:18 AM
I always thought that was owned by the ranch just at the top of the hill once you get off the highway, across from the birken sign. I cant remember the name, seven views or something rings a bell though. I hate going through those fields in the morning before dark, all you see is eyes in your headlights!