PDA

View Full Version : chilliwack gong show

rides bike to work
11-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I have been hunting for a few years now and am a resident of the fine city of chilliwack.I feel privledge to be able to hunt in my back yard. I scout in the off season and have found some places I thought would be out of the way enough to call my own

.So last weekend I head off to my stomping ground and immediatly am blown away by the amount of hunters in the area I counted over twenty trucks along one forest service road I couldnt belive there were guys stopped glassing a cut with a steady stream of trucks driving right behind them.

This didnt deter me though I was sure my hiking would pay off so I parked my truck and headed into the bush I hike into my spot took a rest and glassed my area.There were no deer tracks going in but knew that tracks dont mean everthing .I headed through the bush slowly quitly still hunting the edge of a small clearing and then I cut some tracks to bad they were human and fresh to.I decided to head deaper inthe bush trying to avoid the other tracks

A nd than I spotted movement 100 yards off in the thick second growth so I put up my binoculars there he was a200 pounder at least trudging along in his walmart camo and dum ass ear flap hat thats when i new it was over I hiked back to my truck and tried afew other spots that were again crawling with hunters

.I have never seen a large deer come out of chilliwck more like a nice place to luck into a meat buck but after last weekend you can have it Im heading to the skagit were all the big bucks are.

ROEBUCK
11-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Are you serious ?

frenchbar
11-23-2011, 05:58 PM
200 lber with a goofy hat Ruined my hunt :mrgreen:...least it wasn't wolves .lol

NitwiT
11-23-2011, 06:00 PM
is he trying to say 200lbs is fat???

BillBraskii
11-23-2011, 06:00 PM
I have been hunting for a few years now and am a resident of the fine city of chilliwack.I feel privledge to be able to hunt in my back yard. I scout in the off season and have found some places I thought would be out of the way enough to call my own

.So last weekend I head off to my stomping ground and immediatly am blown away by the amount of hunters in the area I counted over twenty trucks along one forest service road I couldnt belive there were guys stopped glassing a cut with a steady stream of trucks driving right behind them.

This didnt deter me though I was sure my hiking would pay off so I parked my truck and headed into the bush I hike into my spot took a rest and glassed my area.There were no deer tracks going in but knew that tracks dont mean everthing .I headed through the bush slowly quitly still hunting the edge of a small clearing and then I cut some tracks to bad they were human and fresh to.I decided to head deaper inthe bush trying to avoid the other tracks

A nd than I spotted movement 100 yards off in the thick second growth so I put up my binoculars there he was a200 pounder at least trudging along in his walmart camo and dum ass ear flap hat thats when i new it was over I hiked back to my truck and tried afew other spots that were again crawling with hunters

.I have never seen a large deer come out of chilliwck more like a nice place to luck into a meat buck but after last weekend you can have it Im heading to the skagit were all the big bucks are.

What gives you any more right to be in the bush than any other hunter??

Maybe try doing a bit more homework to find a spot with less people rather than driving aimlessly out into the valley and than crying about running into other hunters:twisted:

And who cares where people by the camo they wear or how big they are??
Obviously this 'fat' guy that 'ruined' your hunt is smarter than you because he was already in the bush while you were busy driving around feeling sorry for yourself.

get a life.

jeff
11-23-2011, 06:03 PM

Maybe try doing a bit more homework to find a spot with less people rather than driving aimlessly out into the valley and than crying about running into other hunters:twisted:

Obviously this 'fat' guy that 'ruined' your hunt is smarter than you because he was already in the bush while you were busy driving around feeling sorry for yourself.

get a life.

well said,,,,,,,,

rocksteady
11-23-2011, 06:04 PM
At least Elmer was out getting exercise rather than filling his face with fast food, being a burden to our medical system when he has a big "jammer".... :)

BCHunterTV
11-23-2011, 06:10 PM

i agree the overwhelming increase of hunters, using words like Chilliwack and Skagit do the trick to get guys reading the interweb out hunting there...but in all reality crown land is crown land and not one own personal area.

anyone that doesnt want an area they enjoying hunting to have an increase in hunting pressure should leave out the location when posting

rides bike to work (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?21057-rides-bike-to-work)
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/statusicon/user-online.png Member

snow lines fraser canyon& skagit

H as any one been up any of the mountains up the fraser canyon latley is there even a hope of getting near the alpine or the roads still snowed in same question up the skagit. Im getting a day pass soon so I want take full advantage.My new born baby boys been keeping a tight leash on me.In trade ill let you know dont bother heading up foley creek or any of the other logging roads up the chilliwack river valley most of the side roads that climb the mountains have been blocked lookes Like by active logging companies bench and tamahi are still open and roads are clear to top little bit of fresh snow this evening though.

This type of posting gets more people out in YOUR area

f350ps
11-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Wow, I didn't realize there were some big Deer in the Skagit, gonna have to get me some Walmart camo and check it out this weekend, thanks for the heads up. K

BillBraskii
11-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow, I didn't realize there were some big Deer in the Skagit, gonna have to get me some Walmart camo and check it out this weekend, thanks for the heads up. K
don't forget you dumb ass ear flap hat

Mr. Dean
11-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Since the fall of that Booner BT a week or so ago, what do ya expect?

EVERYONE is out there 'Net Hunting', hoping to get into the books.

keoke
11-23-2011, 06:19 PM
i agree the overwhelming increase of hunters, using words like Chilliwack and Skagit do the trick to get guys reading the interweb out hunting there...but in all reality crown land is crown land and not one own personal area.

anyone that doesnt want an area they enjoying hunting to have an increase in hunting pressure should leave out the location when posting

Thats why you should check out the last 2 weeks posts for where people downed bucks and head the opposite way to hunt.

Fisher-Dude
11-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I couldnt belive there were guys stopped glassing a cut with a steady stream of trucks driving right behind them.

Those guys were way smarter than you and everyone else that was driving by.

Gateholio
11-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Shit, I was 220 lbs when I was in grade 10, with no beer belly at all on me. Just muscle form rugby and weights! :)

But really, welcome to hunting in popular areas.It seems that some real big bucks are still getting killed in the LML around CHilliwack etc. :)

frenchbar
11-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Shit, I was 220 lbs when I was in grade 10, with no beer belly at all on me. Just muscle form rugby and weights! :)

But really, welcome to hunting in popular areas.It seems that some real big bucks are still getting killed in the LML around CHilliwack etc. :)
get yourself a goofy ear flap hat ..and you should have the whole mountain to yourself gate .lol

ROEBUCK
11-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Yep 90% of guys will drive around with there eyes closed ,complaining of no deer around.
While the 10% will be working there ass of bushwacking and killing deer

Steeleco
11-23-2011, 06:29 PM
I was just asked to close VH's thread about his big buck because he's been inundated with "where" questions!! What does it matter where, if your not there. This guy in the OP post was doing his bit to be there. Good on him!!

Tikka270
11-23-2011, 06:31 PM
That's what happens with threads like " chilliwack valley buck" or "yet another chilliwack valley buck"
IMO that's a little too much info on location.

frenchbar
11-23-2011, 06:32 PM
asking some one WHERE they got there game is the lamest ? anyone could ask imo .

lip_ripper00
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Wow, You guys are priceless!!! At no point in his post did I read someone wrecked his hunt, it is my area they should not be their, ect He is simpley trying to reiterate how busy it was, relax!
Hunting the LML this time of year is challenging and it's going to get worse with the closing of the neighbouring MU's we have the latest openings so the clowns from the interior that can't shoot a deer in their back yard for what ever reason come down and have a go.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
I have a few spots I want to try before it closes and hopefully I can get away from the crowds!

Singleshotneeded
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
HUGE RECORD SETTING MONSTER BUCKS UP THE SKAGIT ROAD?! Wow, I'll have to buy one of those Mad Bomber hats, camo up,
and drive down to the outskirts of Metropolis to get one of them big arse bucks! I done heard tell they like country music, do you all
blare that out of the open windows when y'all are driving around? And is that Skagit Road the one that goes by Silver Lake by Hope?
Yeehaw, I'm a-gonna git me one of them big arse buck or my name ain't Bubba! :-)

rocksteady
11-23-2011, 06:34 PM
SHEET!!!! For me to be 200lbs, I would have to be packing a 60 lb pack..............But I do have Giant Tiger camo and EARFLAPS....So, I guess it was not me :)

Hunterguy
11-23-2011, 06:41 PM
What did guys hunt in before they invented camo, sounds like you also steelhead out that way to and catch fish because you wear expensive waders? Give the guy a break Gregor, riding a bike to work are you the mayor of Van?

Mr. Dean
11-23-2011, 06:46 PM
I was just asked to close VH's thread about his big buck because he's been inundated with "where" questions!! What does it matter where, if your not there. This guy in the OP post was doing his bit to be there. Good on him!!

Yup; Whack a decent Buck or win a lottery.......... And you got LOTTSA friends that you didn't know from before.

lovemywinchester
11-23-2011, 06:47 PM

get a life.

HaHa, easy Bill, your gonna have a jammer. This hunting story sounds like everyday hunting around the Loops.

keoke
11-23-2011, 06:53 PM
I hunt in camo from walmart. Its inexpensive, not cheap, it keeps me warm dry and quiet and I dont care if it gets covered in blood and guts. I have a ear flap hat made of sheep skin, I wear it when its really cold. I also shoot big bucks off the fsr's.

Fisher-Dude
11-23-2011, 06:54 PM
asking some one WHERE they got there game is the lamest ? anyone could ask imo .

Does Dino know how you really feel, Frenchy?

Alpine Addict
11-23-2011, 06:58 PM
For your information those ear flap hats are pretty cool, i wear one all the time, so don't be upset just cuz you don't look good in one. Im from Chilliwack too, sounds to me you didn't hike far enough, I've tromped all over those mountains, stop your whining and do a little more walking.

frenchbar
11-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Does Dino know how you really feel, Frenchy?

dont care lol detroit just scored so im a little happier right at the moment .lol

Gateholio
11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
"where did you kill that buck?"

Over in that area.......You can get to it by going this way and that....

But you DO realize that the buck is ALREADY DEAD, right? :)

Deer_Slayer
11-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Sounds like you never ventured very far..if a "big dumbass" was ahead of you. Was that spot supposed to be left for your personal use?

Deer_Slayer
11-23-2011, 07:07 PM
well said...pfffft and I wear those caps too when out in the cold.

jeff
11-23-2011, 07:12 PM
well said...pfffft and I wear those caps too when out in the cold.

i got one to , there great hats when its minus 20 and windy ,,pffftt

SR80
11-23-2011, 07:21 PM
you should try tunkwa lake, home of big mulies and whities and immature moose!

Conrad74
11-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Chiliwack valley is a big place _ pretty easy to find you own personal space with a bit of effort ! , worked out there during several hunting seasons and saw minimal hunter activity

sarg
11-23-2011, 07:36 PM
i'm heading out there sunday to join the fun.:)

rides bike to work
11-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all the great replies guys it gave me a good giggle on a other wise boring night I hope no one took personal offense to the two hundred pound ear flap coment I myself am 225 of chisled good looks but realy, you cant listen propperlty with those ear flaps down.see you guuys on bench road saturday

brian
11-23-2011, 10:03 PM
I gotta say, you're absolutely right. Chilliwack Valley is a gong show, especially this time of year. It makes for tough hunting.
To everyone spewing spit on their screens as they type in outrage here's a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-in-cheek) you should read.

doubled
11-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Move away from the LML and you MIGHT get some personal space. Good luck in finding that too unless you are way the $#%^ in the middle of no where.

It is what it is down there, don't expect otherwise unless you are going to hike for a while. Case closed.

~T-BONE~
11-23-2011, 10:35 PM
is what it is! change it up work another spot! roads arent the only place to hunt! this means one is gonna have to hike a little (alot sometimes) more outta their comfort zone! But trust me thats what it takes.

abbyfireguy
11-23-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm more than 200, and don't wear the flap hats so its not me..Thank goodness, my fragile feelings would be hurt if it was me!!

The Dude
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Sounds like Warrioricus Weekendus Interioranus........the Coast is inundated with them every early winter.......poor, starving sould from Penticton, Summerland and Kelowna, searching for the elusive BT deer they read about on the Intraweb.
Poor things...they're like Zombies with ugly hats.
They'll be gone soon, no worries.
They mostly come at night.........mostly.

TyTy
11-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Ive learned that having a plan B & C is critical. U need to adapt, more hunting less complaining. JK

budismyhorse
11-23-2011, 11:47 PM
This thread is a tragedy..... This hunter had no idea what it takes to actually hunt a spot in solitude.

And hacking another hunter for clothing? About the stupidest thing I've read on this site.

gutpile
11-23-2011, 11:50 PM
They need to put up a traffic light on the bench road from sound of things
with all the hunters coming to the wack tthis weekend.

hunter1947
11-24-2011, 03:27 AM
In this case you are making the right call heading further out of town.

rides bike to work
11-24-2011, 06:45 AM
keep it going I love it

Camp Cook
11-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Haaa haaa haa this is awesome its working people are going into the Chilliwack Valley that has so few deer or good places to hunt in it and leaving my spots alone...

If my posts have anything to do with it they are all total misdirection = I saw no one Sunday or yesterday while I was out hunting... :mrgreen:

*bcgold*
11-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Cant believe I wasted a morning coffee reading about really nothing. ! RENAME BC HUNTING FORUM.... Trash talking forum... Must mean hunting is over for alot of you guys. Sit on here waiting for one guy to slip up and chew him up. JOKE