PDA

View Full Version : A Boar of a time

303Brit
11-23-2011, 05:36 PM
So I rolled into Lorne's driveway at 0545, and much to my surprise Lorne had the garage door open and was eagerly awaiting my arrival.

Our special guest not so much :mrgreen: So we loaded up while BiG Boar did his hair and make-up ;)

We rolled out, after a quick stop at timmies we hit the field nice and early to setup, and introduce BiG Boar to hunting Lards from a layout.

The pre-legal flight didn't dissappoint, was a pretty ridiculous downpour of Lards, BiG Boar was giddy like a school girl at a Bieber concert. The mayhem ensued seconds after we kicked the birds off the ground, Lorne was barely back to the blinds when the first flock cupped their wings and set their gear down.

It was all over as quick as it began, in less than 55min I was on my way to get the truck and drive it into the field.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385778_10150369857971610_515476609_8641097_8566957 80_n.jpg

lorneparker1
11-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Was one of the most fun hunts I had this year, and I didn't even shoot a bird! Dave and his wife corey were great guests(anyone who brings by a bottle of high end whiskey(forty creek) and chocolate cake is good in my books) 303 and them downed 24 in quick fashion

longshot
11-23-2011, 06:47 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! Awesome hunt there!!! And yuuummmmmm... I sure love corn fed $#!t ducks!! :) I blame Lorne's calling ability to be the reason all the ducks are way up in your neck of the woods ;)

field marshal
11-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Seems to be quite a few SHIT ducks in that pile???????????/-----Cheers----Field Marshal.

Blainer
11-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Sounds like an exciting hunt.
Big Bore on the island for ducks!
Beautiful part of the country! see any blacktail on your venture? or elk?

nano
11-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Nice shooting, well done!

Sitkaspruce
11-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Does Dave ever work?????:mrgreen::wink:

Nice looking shoot there guys!!!

Did you make him pluck all those birds???:-D

Cheers

SS

lorneparker1
11-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Does Dave ever work?????:mrgreen::wink:

Nice looking shoot there guys!!!

Did you make him pluck all those birds???:-D

Cheers

SS

We actually discussed that. I have never met someone who can hunt more then me(and still carry a good salary). I usually can start hunting pretty regularly right out the gate on opening day for bow, then that gradually increases till november where i am done working from about now till feb. However, He has me beat hands down.

Johnnybear
11-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Well with the wait in the morning because of hair and make up where are the pic's of the pretty boy??? ha ha.:-D

Nice outing folks. Looks and sounds like you had fun. That's what counts8).

Cheers,
Jb

303Brit
11-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Well with the wait in the morning because of hair and make up where are the pic's of the pretty boy??? ha ha.:-D

Nice outing folks. Looks and sounds like you had fun. That's what counts8).

Cheers,
Jb

I didn't want to subject my phone to taking pics of Dave ;), they are all on his Iphone

Sako 75
11-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Big Boar drove all the way to Island to shoot ducks? LOL Lots of duck on Lowermainland to shoot.

Weatherby Fan
11-24-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm thinking Bigboar was shooting more than ducks on the Island :confused:

I'll await the picture's of that road trip ;-)

Always a gentleman bringing a bottle and a Chocolate cake,

Nice shooting,thats a pile of birds.
WF

BiG Boar
11-24-2011, 01:46 AM
One of the best hunts of the year! Well worth going to the island for a duck hunt! I say thank you to Lorne for taking me out and showing me a thing of two, or three. Yeah yeah, I was late....

Pretty hard when you are hunting for 2....not to mention, I am coming straight out of the bush. Had I not have brought that beer over and haved to consume it with other good beer drinkers like 303brit and Lorne, maybe I would have been more organized come morning.

If anyone needs to know how to cook an amazing seafood extravaganza, PM Lorne. Three words, In Cred Ible..... Thanks for the very good island celebratory killing feast!

Seriously, I learned a tonne about how to kill ducks better. Cory has a massive bruise on her arm from either missing a duck and me taking it out on her, or missing a duck and the gun taking it out on her bicep.

I would definitely take a boat over to do that again! What a great hunt!

303Brit btw, does not only have an amazing mustache at the moment, he has a shot that well out does Argentinian dove hunters by 3.

Thanks so much guys for the teaching!!!

PS. They give you wierd looks if you clean them on the tailgate, on the ferry ride back.

The Dude
11-24-2011, 01:54 AM
BiG Boar was giddy like a school girl at a Bieber concert.

Now that's worth reading the thread for, right there.... LMAO

303Brit
11-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Seriously, I learned a tonne about how to kill ducks better. Cory has a massive bruise on her arm from either missing a duck and me taking it out on her, or missing a duck and the gun taking it out on her bicep.

PS. They give you wierd looks if you clean them on the tailgate, on the ferry ride back.

Gotta love the ole Bicep shot, when it's not wardrobe related it's usually cause your either asleep at the wheel or to excited. Pretty Cory was the latter of the 2.

That's funny right there

Seriously though shenanigans aside, had a lot of fun BiG Boar is an excellent guy to hunt and BS with. Hope he makes a trip or two back for more duck killing and beer slaying.

lorneparker1
11-24-2011, 10:11 PM
The money shot

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/LorneP/Nov232011.jpg

Tanya
11-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Sounds like a great time had by all!