PDA

View Full Version : snow volume up doc's peak ,canal flats area

bowhunterbruce
11-22-2011, 10:11 PM
it seems as though the adventures this year just are not going to stop.i have been asked to go on a last minute goat hunt and need to know how far up towards doc's peak can a person get right now,will a quad do or will sleds be required.has anyone been up there lately.
thanks
bhb

markm7
11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
a storm is rolling through the area right now , and there has been heavy snowfall previously ... i would guess a bought 18 inches and more coming . might need the sleds .....

bowhunterbruce
11-22-2011, 11:09 PM
looking to possibly head up there on the weekend, hopefully we will be able to at least get as far as lavington creek with the truck

yama49
11-22-2011, 11:25 PM
I dont think you are allowed snowmobiles in region 4, for hunting..

bowhunterbruce
11-23-2011, 06:36 AM
I dont think you are allowed snowmobiles in region 4, for hunting..
i love it when people dont read regs for closures etc.it really shows who reads the regs
and who undertstands them.
let alone understand that this thread is about snow volume not weather or not one can use sleds for hunting in region 4.

Big Lew
11-23-2011, 08:29 AM
I think "yama49" was just trying to help you make a decision on what type of transportation was legally available in region 4.

On page 48 it clearly states under 'ACCESS RESTRICTIONS' #3---Region-wide Snowmobiles for Hunting Closed Area: The use of snowmobiles to hunt, to transport wildlife, or to transport hunters to or from the location of wildlife is prohibited in the entire Kootenay Region during the period Apr.1-Nov.30 An authorized trapper is exempt from the prohibition with respect to the trapping of furbearing animals.'

sawmill
11-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Pouring pissing rain here(Kimberly) for over 24 hours and we are 1100 metres.+ 5 right now at 9 a.m.
If it was colder we would have 2 feet at least of new snow.Not sure about higher but it could be pretty hairy going up,the roads are curling rinks in the bush.Bring chains and a winch.

yama49
11-25-2011, 06:51 PM
i love it when people dont read regs for closures etc.it really shows who reads the regs
and who undertstands them.
let alone understand that this thread is about snow volume not weather or not one can use sleds for hunting in region 4.

Last time looked this was a hunting website jackass, and i said THINK so explain you moron........