PDA

View Full Version : lumnok mishaps?

yota
11-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi guys hopefully some one on here can help me. I shoot a 2011 PSE vendetta @ 65lbs draw. I just purchased 3 luminok noks and installed them on my carbon express mayhem hunter 350 arrows. the problem I'm having is they wont light up properly. I shoot and I can see the orange light all the way to the target but as soon as it hits the luminok goes out? have i installed them wrong? are they just that finicky?

11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Are they a match for your arrow? I use luminoks with my cross bow set up and they are a really tight fit. The fact they are lighting up means the connection is being formed but it sound like something is going sideways on impact. If you re-use them, do they the same thing ? If so it sounds like the knocks backing off and breaking the connection with the carbon arrow? l need a pair of pliers to back the knock off after they have been lit up. Get in touch with one of the the luminok tech heads and ask them.

Bow Walker
11-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Could be that the violent impact into your practice target is causing an excessive amount of vibration and jarring, making a backlash effect that turns the luminock off.

Couple things to check - make sure that they nocks are fitting right, and try shooting them into a softer target.

knockturnal
11-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Easy fix. Get rid of them and buy nockturnal nocks. I went through 6 of them before I got fed up and went to the Nockturnals. Once they turn on, they can only be turned off by you. They don't accidentally turn on when they aren't supposed to and they Always work. I have green and red ones and they light up awesome. Give them a try.

mikeboehm
11-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I bought 5 packs of 3 lumenoks and they never failed turning on and staying on for me. I shoot a 2011 pse omen pro. The problem i had was my bow shoots so fast that when the arrow went into the ground or bush they barried themselves and i could never find them so i stopped using them. I only use them for 3d's

yota
11-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks guys ill give it a try. They seem to turn on as the shot is released but by the time they get to the target they turn off. I have tried with and with out the aluminum collar by the nok (carbon express arrows) and they seem to make better contact with the collars.

RoscoeP
11-24-2011, 08:47 AM
I bought 5 packs of 3 lumenoks and they never failed turning on and staying on for me. I shoot a 2011 pse omen pro. The problem i had was my bow shoots so fast that when the arrow went into the ground or bush they barried themselves and i could never find them so i stopped using them. I only use them for 3d's

If you are a good shot your friends must like shooting with you, giving them a bright target to aim at.

Bow Walker
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm wondering if your arrows are a tad weak in the spine?

Could be a lot of wiggling and writhing going on as the arrow stabilizes - might turn off the nock.........

matt420
11-24-2011, 10:49 AM
hey man, i have used to leumnok on my carbon express before and have had the same problem, so i switched to the cardon express light up noks and have not had a issue since, hope this helps you out

StoneChaser
12-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Easy fix. Get rid of them and buy nockturnal nocks. I went through 6 of them before I got fed up and went to the Nockturnals. Once they turn on, they can only be turned off by you. They don't accidentally turn on when they aren't supposed to and they Always work. I have green and red ones and they light up awesome. Give them a try.

BINGO...they are aweome!

The Hermit
12-09-2011, 05:36 PM
x2 on the Nockturnals... MUCH better product!

ThinAir
12-09-2011, 09:37 PM
x3 on the knockternals. Always keep one in my quiver. Luminocks suck