PDA

View Full Version : Not sure why???

FirePower
11-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I am not sure why when "Hunting Dogs" has its very own classified secton people insist on posting "Dogs For Sale" in the general form and the mods never seem to move them to "Classified". I don't get it am I missing something here?:confused:

Gateholio
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
If something is posted int eh wrong spot, you can always alert a mod by hitting the REPORT A POST button. Lower left of the post, triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

gmcgilli66
11-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Could be the "purebred and registered" requirement for pups?

Foxton Gundogs
11-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Could be the "purebred and registered" requirement for pups?

If that is the case then perhaps its time to overhaul the rules for classisied. I AM a huge proponent of registered dogs as I believe its a good way of tracing line for the purpose they are being bred (in this case huting) that being said there are many unregestered dogs that come from "private" breeding programs Hounds being the most obvious case in point. These dogs are bred to a standard held high by there owners and have way more right to be called hunting dogs than many (but not all, I'm not trying to start that debate) bench show bred "gundog" breeds. There are also some fine unreg. gundog litters produced anualy by owners who want to preserve the blood of their favorite gundog with "1' litter in order to keep a replacement. Also with the number of pack dogs showing up here then they to have should have a right to be listed in classified. Perhaps a reclassification of the rule to something like bred for gundogs and OTHER related hunting activities. I am only saying that pERHAPS the rules for classified should be revisited IF that is why dogs are being advertised in the general form

IMO

Bow Walker
11-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I am not sure why when "Hunting Dogs" has its very own classified secton people insist on posting "Dogs For Sale" in the general form and the mods never seem to move them to "Classified". I don't get it am I missing something here?:confused:
I'm one of "said mods" and I'll second Gatehouse's comment on using the Report A Post button. We cannot be everywhere at all times. We're good, but not super human.

Philcott
11-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Maybe there are a lot of people that don't know the tiny, tiny triancle in the lower left corner of the pose is the "report post" tab. Maybe????

Bow Walker
11-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I'd have to say that 99% of the users on here don't even look at any of the icons - they just bang away at their keyboards and hit "reply".

FirePower
11-23-2011, 02:18 PM
I'd have to say that 99% of the users on here don't even look at any of the icons - they just bang away at their keyboards and hit "reply".

Actually I have never noticed it before thanks for pointing it out. and BTW it wasn't ment as a swat at the mods just wondered why people did it and if it was an either or thing.
Thanks