PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack Valley?

Deer_Slayer
11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
I read alot of this area but wonder how to get there? I have BC backroad map book for this area and tried 2 years ago. Seems every road I tried taking deadends less than 1 km off main road. I went up past correctional institute a ways but wasn't sure how far this main road goes. Can i drive right up to Chilliwack Lake or is this a hike only?

r106
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM
The road goes all the way to the lake. But I think there is a park area at the lake No shooting??? i think?

i've heard of decent deer there but in 12 years of dirt biking and camping around there I havn't seen sh*t

3mk
11-20-2011, 06:07 PM
gee just got back from there today . pass the jail cross the bridge turn left at folley lake road tons of places from there but this is very populer place

Taurusguy
11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
If you read the regs .. you can hunt in the Chilliwack lake park during regular hunting season. You can drive past the lake and explore back there .. or drive up around foly lake OR you can park just about anywhere between Tamahi and the end of chilliwack lake and go for a hike. While along the paved road you have to be 400m off the road to shoot ... so if ya see something on the road .. you gotta scare it into the bush and persue it. Good Luck! Your best chances are to go hiking around ... and not driving the roads.

Deer_Slayer
11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
ok thanks..yeah I dont road hunt per say but good to know I can actually drive right to lake and go for a stroll

Conrad74
11-21-2011, 01:08 PM
If you read the regs .. you can hunt in the Chilliwack lake park during regular hunting season. You can drive past the lake and explore back there .. or drive up around foly lake OR you can park just about anywhere between Tamahi and the end of chilliwack lake and go for a hike. While along the paved road you have to be 400m off the road to shoot ... so if ya see something on the road .. you gotta scare it into the bush and persue it. Good Luck! Your best chances are to go hiking around ... and not driving the roads.

Between the prison camp and the lake it is 800 meters no shooting zone from the paved road _both sides , page 37 of region 2 regs

Taurusguy
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes .. .8km from prison camp to lake (doesnt take long to walk in .8km)... but after that your free and clear. You can hunt right on the road all along the left side of chilliwack lake once you get off the pavement. The road is kind rough though but if you hike in a ways and pick a spot off the road it opens up in the trees and looks like your typical rainforest moss covered ground. Your likely to find a bear first though until you hike a ways up.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/region2.pdf

Tarp Man
11-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Remember there are no quads allowed in the park.

Deer_Slayer
11-21-2011, 03:28 PM
No worries..I don't own a quad..just a pair of moccassins

Flynnhunter
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
you went way to far. you have to turn before you hit the one way bridge with the lights